[q] manual update question

Search This thread

nubsgohard

May 6, 2014
Hello all, I have a question that I hope isn't already answered.

I have my T-Mobile galaxy S5 and I had rooted it and flashed roms, the whole nine yards... I then un-rooted it and flashed the stock rom (the most current at the time).

It has been a couple months since I have updated it because as you guys know, once you root your phone, you no longer get any OTA updates...

So my question is, if I go from the current stock T-Mobile build that I am on (G900TUVU1ANCH) to the most current one, correct me if I am wrong, (G900TUVU1BNG3) will I miss out on anything from the releases before that? Like I know that T-Mobile added the VoLTE software in the release before this one... if I skip that release for the new one, will I not receive that software? Do the new builds add on to the previous ones?

Thank you for your responses!

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando

I have my T-Mobile galaxy S5 and I had rooted it and flashed roms, the whole nine yards... I then un-rooted it and flashed the stock rom (the most current at the time).

It has been a couple months since I have updated it because as you guys know, once you root your phone, you no longer get any OTA updates...

So my question is, if I go from the current stock T-Mobile build that I am on (G900TUVU1ANCH) to the most current one, correct me if I am wrong, (G900TUVU1BNG3) will I miss out on anything from the releases before that? Like I know that T-Mobile added the VoLTE software in the release before this one... if I skip that release for the new one, will I not receive that software? Do the new builds add on to the previous ones?

No, the latest version of the firmware is the whole firmware. It should include the whole system with all updates etc.

Reactions: nubsgohard

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
As the earlier reply suggested, you do not need to install all of the firmware versions that have been released. The most current, full firmware image will be a stand alone and full featured set of features. If you find any feature missing, it would only be because Samsung or the carrier depreciated it and do not intend that feature to be available on any future firmware releases either.

So you just need to flash the most current firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, the latest version of the firmware is the whole firmware. It should include the whole system with all updates etc.