Search This thread

bproulx

Jan 5, 2012
Ajax
Google Pixel 3 XL
surely I must me doing something wrong if I can't walk and keep a connection

Jogging would be a godsend

Sent from my team codefire HTC Holiday using XDA

Seriously? Boo..apparently my raider is better than yours :p...or it just likes me more... I'm not saying I've never had the headphones disconnect, but tbh it only happens when I forget how far the cord reaches lol..I feel bad if ppl are really having a hard time with it..I guess I could have just gotten really lucky with the 2 I bought.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

envygreen

Feb 27, 2011
I'm thinking either people are using cases that interfere with the ability of the jack to seat fully, or people are just idiots..I mean that in the nicest possible way of course, but if I can jog with my phone in my pants pocket and not lose my headphone connection then u guys MUST be doing something wrong.

I'm very happy that you've had no problems, but don't call me an idiot, even in "the nicest possible way". This forum is full of intelligent people who understand the basics of troubleshooting. I've tried with and without a case. I've tried multiple headphones. Some have zero problems, some are nothing but problems.

The AT&T store in downtown Chicago had me do the dog and pony show of showing which ones worked and which didn't. Had me remove my case. The guy then grabbed his Vivid and tried my headphones and saw that they 'popped' out a half notch the first time he gave the tiniest bit of pressure to the cord on his phone as well.

So far, I've had some extremely cheap headphones that worked perfectly till the cord shorted out on the left earbud, and I've confirmed that the $99 urbeats phones work fine. Most of my budget audiophile (Sennheiser, Shure, Phillips, Sony) buds and cans have been no-go though. I do AV for a living and have a drawer full of headphones from various price ranges and I've never had a single device that had a 3.5 mm jack as stupid as this one.

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
No problem at all with my Philips she9500 earbuds :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

Bluetooth is nice...until you use the FM radio...

Get a arctic sound stereo Bluetooth headset off amazon. It's 2012, wires are for the 80s!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

yeah, I use bluetooth myself for most simple streaming, BUT, you still need headphones for the FM radio to function right (just like most HTC products, headphones=FM antenna)...so sometimes I'm stuck in the 80's...

Knock on wood, have not yet had problems with the audio jack...

Nikolas0418

May 25, 2012
Nice to know someone besides me uses the same headphones and same phone as me Good choice with the sennheiser's ;)

Do yourselves a favor - go get a pair of sennheiser headphones..don't waste your $ on beats or even worse skull candy.. ive used all of them, and nothin touches my German sennheisers.

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I returned mine because of this and new one had same problem I know I just bought some skull candy from radio shack for 19.99 and a year warrenty so if they pinch a wire or a speaker goes out I can take them in and exchange for free:) total was 24$ and some change..

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium