[Q]VS980 SIM Lock?

Search This thread

honentan

Feb 26, 2008
I just bought a used VS980. I don't use a Verizon's CDMA UIM card. GSM SIM card inserted it can work, but the non-Verizon CDMA card inserted it shows "no service". Is it locked by Verizon? Dialing enter the code "2945#*980#", the phone displays "Connection problem or invalid MMI code", so even if I get an unlock code, how should I input the code?

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
If insert another carrier GSM sim, it works fine. But insert another carrier CDMA uim, the phone just says "no service", and doesn't prompt for any code.

Quite sure that the point of CDMA is that you can't use any other carrier's CDMA sim...

You're thinking of GSM. You can use pretty much all GSM sims in the VS980 because 4G Verizon phones come as "World Phones". No phone can handle CDMA cards from different carriers.

honentan

Feb 26, 2008
Quite sure that the point of CDMA is that you can't use any other carrier's CDMA sim...

You're thinking of GSM. You can use pretty much all GSM sims in the VS980 because 4G Verizon phones come as "World Phones". No phone can handle CDMA cards from different carriers.

My friend owned another vs980. And, ChinaTelecom CDMA uim card works fine on his phone. I think that my phone was locked of some type simlock by Verizon.

droid_<3er

Dec 20, 2011
Vancouver
My friend owned another vs980. And, ChinaTelecom CDMA uim card works fine on his phone. I think that my phone was locked of some type simlock by Verizon.

Maybe your sim just happens to be incompatible. Try another sim, possibly from a different carrier? Because any non-Verizon CDMA isn't supposed to work on this phone.

honentan

Feb 26, 2008
Contact

It seems a contract device of Verizon, so it was been locked by Verizon. It can not be unlocked right now!

joe654

Nov 12, 2011
Sim Unlock

i have a Verizon LG G2 (vs980), i can use AT&T prepaid sim in that, did'nt checked the data, but voice calls are working

gezediop

May 16, 2010
i have a Verizon LG G2 (vs980), i can use AT&T prepaid sim in that, did'nt checked the data, but voice calls are working

I checked with my AT&T Straight Talk Sim and data doesn't work. It will show "E" or "H" but no actual data. I saw a forum for flashing a t-mobile ROM to unlock it for t-mobile, but I have yet to see a at&t unlock forum for this model.