[Q] NC2 to NC4

Search This thread

Tersanyus

Oct 2, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Odin probably. That's what someone said to me on the thread about it. Thinking of trying it. That zip download is going to take a few hours.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Yeah going thru Odin seems to do it just fine assuming you have the tar file. It was just like flashing the NC2 leak. Flash the tar file in Odin using the AP button. I made sure the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time were checked (they were by default it seems). Good news is, it did not wipe my phone it seems, or maybe I forgot to check that option.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
best to WAIT until devs release an upgrade path they have tested. if you ODIN you may end up same as OTA and without root until maybe forever but who knows. if you dont care about root then go ahead.

BeansTown106 has already posted he has a copy of it and will work on releasing a pre-root just like NC2 so you can keep on the root path.

Last edited:

MitchMeister03

Apr 18, 2012
Milwaukee, wi
best to WAIT until devs release an upgrade path they have tested. if you ODIN you may end up same as OTA and without root until maybe forever but who knows. if you dont care about root then go ahead.

BeansTown106 has already posted he has a copy of it and will work on releasing a pre-root just like NC2 so you can keep on the root path.

I installed it through ODIN last night, no issues as far as root goes...

I'm not here to tell you that you're making a grave mistake... but I would like to know WHY you want to update from NC2 to NC4.

My understanding is that NC2 was Verizon's development version, which has some pretty nice features that they do not want to general public to have, such as the ability to downgrade to MJE, and the software stubs (or whatever jargon you'd prefer) necessary to allow for kernel modules to be installed. This means the potential for a more open (less locked) bootloader. not necessarily fully unlocked, but at least allowing more wiggle room with kernel mods, but possibly fully AOSP-compatible.

That said... I think NC2 passed all the tests, and NC4 is the one that they released with all the locks in place, for public consumption.

So, I query you once again... why would you want to update to NC4? (A root-enabled release from Beans notwithstanding)