[Q] Razr XT910 Problem with Baseband & IMEI

Search This thread

gripsterg

Oct 4, 2011
Hello,

since last weekend I'm facing a problem on my Razr XT910 where I could need some help.

Configuration of my phone when I noticed the problem:

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 rootet
Safestrap 2.6.3 installed
@ ROM Slot 1: CM 11 4.4.2 installed

When running CM 11 I noticed that I wasn't connected to GSM or 3G I only had a empty symbol for my GSM/3G connectivity. On the first I didn't care about that, cause it happens sometimes that your carrier has problems with his infrastructure. I startet wondering as my wife called me on our home phone and she's using the same carrier as myself.

So I rebooted to stock rom and whoa there I had the same problem. Then I tooked a look into my settings and there I saw, that there is no information about:
- baseband
- imei
- imei sv
- serial number
- apn

Did a search on the net and found a lot of thread containing my problem, but not one with a solution in it.

What I tried so far is:
- Factory reset on both ROM Slot 1 CM11 and Stock Rom
- Deleting and set up new ROM Slot 1 with CM11
- Unbrick using the method of HSD-Pilot (afterwards rooted and installed bmm)
- Unbrick using the RSD Lite method (afterwards rooted and installed bmm)
- Flash bp using the methods bmm (zip and flash firmware method) and fastboot

with bmm (flash firmware method) I get the following error message while flashing:
assert failed: motorola.motoflash(getprop("firmware.path"))
E: Error in /script/radio.zip (Status 7)
Flashing aborted

with bmm (install zip method) I get the following error message while flashing:
E: Error in /ext/Toolz/Radio/Radio.zip (Status 6)
Installation aborted.

using the fastboot method (fastboot flash radio radio.img) seems to work. After rebooting I see the robot with the spinning atom (blue)? a long time with the indicator below then the lying robot with read triangle is shown really short followed by the first robot with the spinning atom - seem revoking the made changes.

I also tried the following cmd before executing the flash cmd
- fastboot erase cache

Right now I think that something with the radio partition (does one exist?) is not ok. Is there a way to reformat everything or what could I do to solve this problem.

Any help? Any more information needed?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-13-10-37-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-10-37-29.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 324
  • Screenshot_2014-06-13-10-36-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-10-36-44.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 322

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hello,

since last weekend I'm facing a problem on my Razr XT910 where I could need some help.

Configuration of my phone when I noticed the problem:

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 rootet
Safestrap 2.6.3 installed
@ ROM Slot 1: CM 11 4.4.2 installed

When running CM 11 I noticed that I wasn't connected to GSM or 3G I only had a empty symbol for my GSM/3G connectivity. On the first I didn't care about that, cause it happens sometimes that your carrier has problems with his infrastructure. I startet wondering as my wife called me on our home phone and she's using the same carrier as myself.

So I rebooted to stock rom and whoa there I had the same problem. Then I tooked a look into my settings and there I saw, that there is no information about:
- baseband
- imei
- imei sv
- serial number
- apn

Did a search on the net and found a lot of thread containing my problem, but not one with a solution in it.

What I tried so far is:
- Factory reset on both ROM Slot 1 CM11 and Stock Rom
- Deleting and set up new ROM Slot 1 with CM11
- Unbrick using the method of HSD-Pilot (afterwards rooted and installed bmm)
- Unbrick using the RSD Lite method (afterwards rooted and installed bmm)
- Flash bp using the methods bmm (zip and flash firmware method) and fastboot

with bmm (flash firmware method) I get the following error message while flashing:
assert failed: motorola.motoflash(getprop("firmware.path"))
E: Error in /script/radio.zip (Status 7)
Flashing aborted

with bmm (install zip method) I get the following error message while flashing:
E: Error in /ext/Toolz/Radio/Radio.zip (Status 6)
Installation aborted.

using the fastboot method (fastboot flash radio radio.img) seems to work. After rebooting I see the robot with the spinning atom (blue)? a long time with the indicator below then the lying robot with read triangle is shown really short followed by the first robot with the spinning atom - seem revoking the made changes.

I also tried the following cmd before executing the flash cmd
- fastboot erase cache

Right now I think that something with the radio partition (does one exist?) is not ok. Is there a way to reformat everything or what could I do to solve this problem.

Any help? Any more information needed?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried a FULL FLASH of Moto JB? Flash the latest firmware with RSD Lite and and before delete the parts including "emc..." from the xml file because this would erase your whole internal storage (or make a backup on your computer). After that you will have to root, install latest SS (3.72),etc.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk

gripsterg

Oct 4, 2011
Have you tried a FULL FLASH of Moto JB? Flash the latest firmware with RSD Lite and and before delete the parts including "emc..." from the xml file because this would erase your whole internal storage (or make a backup on your computer). After that you will have to root, install latest SS (3.72),etc.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk

Do you mean that I use a fastboot file from here Droid Developers - Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU and flash it with RSD Lite?

If yes, that has been done alreade with no effect

gripsterg

Oct 4, 2011
I had similar issue some months ago and I got if fixed by flashing a radio.img file from an xt912 stock rom I downloaded. I edited d xml file nd deleted all other commands except d line dat contains the flash radio command. Mayb u should give it a shot

Did already tried this with the fastboot method and it didn't work - see my first post quote here:

using the fastboot method (fastboot flash radio radio.img) seems to work. After rebooting I see the robot with the spinning atom (blue)? a long time with the indicator below then the lying robot with read triangle is shown really short followed by the first robot with the spinning atom - seems revoking the made changes.