[Q] A question about Getting Updates on the Rooted Sony xperia L

Search This thread

EGY falcon

May 11, 2014
I have Sony Xperia L and wants to root it, but I afraid of some points, like:

1- Does the rooted phone get the ordinary " Apps " updates ??
2- Does the rooted phone get updates from manufacturer, in my case It's " Sony " ?
3- I read this article
We highly recommend against downloading these updates, since you may not be able to re-root your phone for a while after updating.
, Is that means if I notified about a new update other than the installed firmware version, I have to wait until someone make a new root method to be able to install the new update ??

I appreciate anyone's help, Thanks :)

Last edited:

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin

2- Does the rooted phone get updates from manufacturer, in my case It's " Sony " ?
3- I read this article , Is that means if I notified about a new update other than the installed firmware version, I have to wait until someone make a new root method to be able to install the new update ??

1 if you mean play store updates, yes
2 maybe they offer them to you, but you shouldn't take them because you may lose root. if by "sony updates" you mean updates to sony apps, those should update from the play store like usual. software updates (firmware updates, OTA updates) are the ones you shouldn't take
3 yes

Reactions: EGY falcon

EGY falcon

May 11, 2014
2 maybe they offer them to you, but you shouldn't take them because you may lose root. if by "sony updates" you mean updates to sony apps, those should update from the play store like usual. software updates (firmware updates, OTA updates) are the ones you shouldn't take
3 yes

First of all, I want to Thank you for your interest
but, what if I install the OTA update by accident, It will just unroot the phone and return it to it's original condition ?, or it will lead to " Bricking " ?
2nd : Sony Apps cannot be updated through the play store, I can only update them from Sony " Update Center ", Is that's true or I'm mistaken ?
By the way, I need to make root just to install Titanium Backup, and to install apps in SD card, and not to make a custom ROM.
Thanks Mate :)

keen36

Jul 26, 2012
Berlin
First of all, I want to Thank you for your interest
but, what if I install the OTA update by accident, It will just unroot the phone and return it to it's original condition ?, or it will lead to " Bricking " ?
2nd : Sony Apps cannot be updated through the play store, I can only update them from Sony " Update Center ", Is that's true or I'm mistaken ?
By the way, I need to make root just to install Titanium Backup, and to install apps in SD card, and not to make a custom ROM.
Thanks Mate :)

i think the bricking on OTA happens only on unlocked bootloaders. i do not know that for sure, though, it is probably best if you ask in the thread where you found the instructions to root your phone!

ah, the update center... if you are just rooting and not unlocking your bootloader, i would assume that it will work just fine. also not sure, though! :silly:

there should be a board specially for your phone on this forum. it is probably best to ask about rooting there. if i had to guess, you will not run into any problems, you seem to be careful enough :good: ;)

EGY falcon

May 11, 2014
i think the bricking on OTA happens only on unlocked bootloaders. i do not know that for sure, though, it is probably best if you ask in the thread where you found the instructions to root your phone!

ah, the update center... if you are just rooting and not unlocking your bootloader, i would assume that it will work just fine. also not sure, though! :silly:

there should be a board specially for your phone on this forum. it is probably best to ask about rooting there. if i had to guess, you will not run into any problems, you seem to be careful enough :good: ;)

Thanks Bro. for your help :)

Reactions: keen36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3- I read this article , Is that means if I notified about a new update other than the installed firmware version, I have to wait until someone make a new root method to be able to install the new update ??

3 yes

Thanks Bro. for your help :)