[ROM] Myriad - JB 4.2.2 ( XOLO Q800 , FLY IQ446 , GiONEE Gn708W)

Search This thread

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
MYRIAD​

10491256_1439573979646718_8968977167154285258_n.jpg

ROM TEASER

ABOUT ROM

Myriad is a simple and highly functional custom ROM for mtk (MT6589) devices. It is based on pure AOSP and gives ultimate vanilla experience. It is JellyBean ROM i.e ver 4.2.2. The ROM has a simplified UI but also has many powerful apps to control the ROM. It is user friendly and quiet stable. Some of the unique features of this ROM are integrated highly functional floating apps including Float Caller , Xposed Framework with GravityBox for full customization ,OG Battery Mod for amazing battery styles, ViperFX for the best music Experience , Myriad Control Centre which has many new features including a custom Themer too. It also uses some parts of Pure Performance tweaks and some of its own for best possible performance of the ROM and moreover these tweaks are toggle able too. There are some other fun features like framework animation, some custom fonts, HTC Sense Style Recent Task which the user can try. Overall this ROM is a solid package of all components which a user needs

FEATURES

• Aroma Installer
  • Built in Themer
    [*]12mp Back Cam , 6mp Front Cam Patched Removed Due to dirty aberration , Flash the Cam FIX .zip
  • SuperSU 2.0
  • Busybox Latest
  • Awesome Integrated Floating Apps including float dialer
  • ViperFX
  • Fast GPS Fix
  • Inbuilt Simple but effective Power Manager
  • Autostart
  • 3G Sim Switch
  • Control Centre : App custom made for the ROM with some Amazing Functions
  • New Lock Screen
  • Gallery With Live thumbnails
  • New LaucherDock to get to apps faster
  • OG Batter Mod
  • Xposed Framework
  • Gravity Box
  • Etc etc…..

Last edited:

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
Reseverd

Installation Instructions:
Have a nandroid backup first
1 Download The ROM .zip , CAM FIX
2. Copy to SD Card
3. Go to Recovery , Wipe Data ,System ,Cache and Dalvik
4. Flash the zip
5. Follow Onscreen Aroma Instructions
6. Wait foe the ROM to flash
7. DONT REBOOT !
8. Flash the CAM PATCH.zip
9. Reboot NOTE THE FIRST BOOT IS VERY LONG, patiently wait

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY FLASHED THE ROM
1.DOWNLOAD CAM PATCH
2.COPY TO SD CARD
3.FLASH IT VIA RECOVERY
5.REBOOT

Downloads :

LINK 1 : http://tiny.cc/dwmyriad1
LINK 2 : http://tiny.cc/dwmyriad2
LINK 3 : https://mega.co.nz/#!E8AVwDwC!L9APjj8hpEUN5hEPrlq6K-Tunie59iQ-zQ2AK3bMWyo
LINK 4 : http://upfile.mobi/537893 - Credits : Tanvir741
CAM FIX : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GVC-8ngPfqWm1YUE9PSzdrR28/edit?usp=sharing ( PRESS CTRL+S to download)

NOTE : THE ROM SIZE IS BIG DUE TO AROMA INSTALLER APPS SELECTION , BUT OVERALL ROM IS VERY SMALL

MD5 CHECKSUM

1E4B9047C6936C419A6AF87C927DD7D5

HOW TO GET MD5 : http://noexit4u.blogspot.in/2013/01/how-to-get-md5-checksum-of-file-using.html
VERIFY YOUR FILE MD5 WITH THIS, IF THEY ARE SAME THEN ROM ZIP IS OK OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AGAIN

Last edited:

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
Reserved

F.A.Q

VIDEO GUIDE - VERY IMPORTANT

1. GUIDE ON USING CONTROL CONTRE

2. GPS FIX - VERY FAAAST

1. Left Capacitive Button shows recent menu?
A: To accommodate the shortcut for floating apps the capacitive button have been reconfigured.
Long press of left button will take you to floating apps launch pad. For the actual function of left capacitive buttons a 3 dot menu can be found in most of the apps.

2. How to change lockscreen wallpaper?
A: Go to Settings -> Control Centre -> UI Tab -> Lockscreen

3. Some features of Gravity Box doesn’t works?
A: This ROM has some stuff which work on custom framework and Gravity Box doesn’t support this. SO some features won’t work. This is neither the ROM nor Gravity Box error

4. Quick Settings tiles have disappeared?
A: This happens as Gravity Box takes over the quick settings tiles. You can customize what tile you want by doing this
Go to Settings -> Control Center-> General-> Gravity Box -> Status bar tweaks -> Quick Settings Management->Status bar Quick Settings titles

5. Network Signal Bar disappears when orientation is changed
A: This usually doesn’t happen, but occurs when the screen orientation is changed continuously of couple of times. Although the signal bar disappears, the network connection is not interrupted.
To get back:
1. Try switching data connection off and then on
2. If the above doesn’t work , go to Settings-> SIM Management -> Switch the SIM off and on again

6. Dialer keypad not oriented properly.
A: This is due to higher dpi of the mobiles which I ported from. I am trying to fix it. Rest assured all the dialer functions is working properly

7. Mobile freezes while chaning recent app style?
A: Yes, this normal the mobile will freeze for a minute or so and then reboot itself.

8.Themer is not working
A: If the themer fails to work check these
1. Make sure you have SD card
2. Go to Settings -> Control Centre -> General Tab-> Themer Settings -> Re Run Set Up Enviroment
And then try

9. Reboot Option not found in Power Menu pop up
A: This can easily be enabled, follow this
Go to Settings-> Control Centre -> Gravity Box -> Power Tweaks -> Check Advanced Reboot Menu

10. Mobile takes long time to reboot or boot
A: Well yea .. This happens as lot of scripts and apps have to be loaded but after that the ROM works like a butter

11. MyStyle App Force Closes
A: This happens a couple of times during first boot . Just try opening the app for 4-5 times , it should work after 4th or 5th time

12. No native Video Calling?
A: Yes this ROM has no native video calling , but there are so many 3rd party apps for that but it does support internet calling

13. Irritating Stock Music EQ !
A: Well what can I say ... I have left it as some emotional reminder of Acer , after all this ROM is based on their work. :p . Actually this EQ **** is integrated pretty deep and I dont have that much time to work and remove and fix it, so yea you will have to live with it.

14. Wifi Grey Bar , Blue Bar ...confused?
A: So here is the thing , WIFI When GREY - You mobile wifi is not connected to Google server and most of your GAPPS wont work and when its BLUE it mean mobile is connected to Google Servers and GAPPS should work fine. If you mobile is stuck at grey wait for a couple of min , if it is still not blue then switch wifi off and then on

15. How to get Xposed Installer and Gravity Box working?
A: To get Xposed Installer and Gravity Box working , follow these steps
1. Go to Xposed Installer -> Framework -> Install/Update and reboot
2. Go to Xposed Installer -> Module-> Gravity Box -> Check It and reboot
YOU ARE DONE! :D

16. Move to Phone Storage or Move to SD card?
A: Please note , although the Settings may show Move to Phone Storage , It MOVES TO SD CARD

17. GPS Doesnt Fix ??
A: Refer to the video above

18. How to Get Android L look keyboard?
A: Go to Settings -> Language and Input-> Click the Settings Icon to the right of Google Keyboard under Keyboard and Input Methods -> Advanced Settings -> Colour Scheme -> Material and you are DONE!

19. USB MTP not available?
A: I tried to get it no luck....

20. USB Icon persists even after removing?
A: Make sure you have ejected the drive from your comp and turned off USB Storage. If the problem persists just reboot

Last edited:

cnuis2cool

Dec 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Stuck on boot logo

Hi Shikhar, I am flashing the ROM. Aroma installation is done. Clicked on Reboot. It's stuck on boot logo. Waited for 45 min but no luck (still waiting).

I have verified the MD5. No issues with the download.

Any help?

-Srinivas

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Hi Shikhar, I am flashing the ROM. Aroma installation is done. Clicked on Reboot. It's stuck on boot logo. Waited for 45 min but no luck (still waiting).

Any help?

-Srinivas

Waited for 1 hr 25 min but no luck. Reverting to old ROM.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

For those who stuck on installation, do not select Reboot.

Unselect Reboot and finish installation. Go to Recovery -> Wipe Cache and Dalvik and Wipe Battery Stats then reboot.

Reactions: Shikhar A

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore

Any help?

-Srinivas

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Waited for 1 hr 25 min but no luck. Reverting to old ROM.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

For those who stuck on installation, do not select Reboot.

Unselect Reboot and finish installation. Go to Recovery -> Wipe Cache and Dalvik and Wipe Battery Stats then reboot.

Thanks for the info ... Updated it... Do leave a review of the ROM

Tanvir741

Mar 26, 2011
Chittagong
Gave me an awesome battery life and multitasking is also very good!

But can I somehow get the classic recent key back, long pressing home button one?
Tried Gravity and Xposed Additions, still no luck. The Edit button thing is irritating!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MYRIAD​

10491256_1439573979646718_8968977167154285258_n.jpg

ROM TEASER

ABOUT ROM

Myriad is a simple and highly functional custom ROM for mtk (MT6589) devices. It is based on pure AOSP and gives ultimate vanilla experience. It is JellyBean ROM i.e ver 4.2.2. The ROM has a simplified UI but also has many powerful apps to control the ROM. It is user friendly and quiet stable. Some of the unique features of this ROM are integrated highly functional floating apps including Float Caller , Xposed Framework with GravityBox for full customization ,OG Battery Mod for amazing battery styles, ViperFX for the best music Experience , Myriad Control Centre which has many new features including a custom Themer too. It also uses some parts of Pure Performance tweaks and some of its own for best possible performance of the ROM and moreover these tweaks are toggle able too. There are some other fun features like framework animation, some custom fonts, HTC Sense Style Recent Task which the user can try. Overall this ROM is a solid package of all components which a user needs

FEATURES

• Aroma Installer
    • Built in Themer
      [*]12mp Back Cam , 6mp Front Cam Patched Removed Due to dirty aberration , Flash the Cam FIX .zip
    • SuperSU 2.0
    • Busybox Latest
    • Awesome Integrated Floating Apps including float dialer
    • ViperFX
    • Fast GPS Fix
    • Inbuilt Simple but effective Power Manager
    • Autostart
    • 3G Sim Switch
    • Control Centre : App custom made for the ROM with some Amazing Functions
    • New Lock Screen
    • Gallery With Live thumbnails
    • New LaucherDock to get to apps faster
    • OG Batter Mod
    • Xposed Framework
    • Gravity Box
    • Etc etc…..
    Reseverd

Installation Instructions:
    Have a nandroid backup first
    1 Download The ROM .zip , CAM FIX
    2. Copy to SD Card
    3. Go to Recovery , Wipe Data ,System ,Cache and Dalvik
    4. Flash the zip
    5. Follow Onscreen Aroma Instructions
    6. Wait foe the ROM to flash
    7. DONT REBOOT !
    8. Flash the CAM PATCH.zip
    9. Reboot NOTE THE FIRST BOOT IS VERY LONG, patiently wait

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY FLASHED THE ROM
    1.DOWNLOAD CAM PATCH
    2.COPY TO SD CARD
    3.FLASH IT VIA RECOVERY
    5.REBOOT

Downloads :

LINK 1 : http://tiny.cc/dwmyriad1
    LINK 2 : http://tiny.cc/dwmyriad2
    LINK 3 : https://mega.co.nz/#!E8AVwDwC!L9APjj8hpEUN5hEPrlq6K-Tunie59iQ-zQ2AK3bMWyo
    LINK 4 : http://upfile.mobi/537893 - Credits : Tanvir741
    CAM FIX : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GVC-8ngPfqWm1YUE9PSzdrR28/edit?usp=sharing ( PRESS CTRL+S to download)

NOTE : THE ROM SIZE IS BIG DUE TO AROMA INSTALLER APPS SELECTION , BUT OVERALL ROM IS VERY SMALL

MD5 CHECKSUM

1E4B9047C6936C419A6AF87C927DD7D5

HOW TO GET MD5 : http://noexit4u.blogspot.in/2013/01/how-to-get-md5-checksum-of-file-using.html
    VERIFY YOUR FILE MD5 WITH THIS, IF THEY ARE SAME THEN ROM ZIP IS OK OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AGAIN

Reserved

ROM Developers

• Shikhar A
    • Aditya Rajagopal

Credits

• Acer
    • Xolo
    • Google
    • Rovo89
    • C3C076
    • Viper520
    • Zhuhang
    • Darklord
    • Adi Aisiteru Reborn
    • Rizal Lovins
    • VR Theme Engine Developers
    • Dsixda
    • Chainfire
    • Stericson
    • ALL THE APP DEVELOPERS

HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE MY WORK! :laugh:
    Reserved

F.A.Q

VIDEO GUIDE - VERY IMPORTANT

1. GUIDE ON USING CONTROL CONTRE

2. GPS FIX - VERY FAAAST

1. Left Capacitive Button shows recent menu?
    A: To accommodate the shortcut for floating apps the capacitive button have been reconfigured.
    Long press of left button will take you to floating apps launch pad. For the actual function of left capacitive buttons a 3 dot menu can be found in most of the apps.

2. How to change lockscreen wallpaper?
    A: Go to Settings -> Control Centre -> UI Tab -> Lockscreen

3. Some features of Gravity Box doesn’t works?
    A: This ROM has some stuff which work on custom framework and Gravity Box doesn’t support this. SO some features won’t work. This is neither the ROM nor Gravity Box error

4. Quick Settings tiles have disappeared?
    A: This happens as Gravity Box takes over the quick settings tiles. You can customize what tile you want by doing this
    Go to Settings -> Control Center-> General-> Gravity Box -> Status bar tweaks -> Quick Settings Management->Status bar Quick Settings titles

5. Network Signal Bar disappears when orientation is changed
    A: This usually doesn’t happen, but occurs when the screen orientation is changed continuously of couple of times. Although the signal bar disappears, the network connection is not interrupted.
    To get back:
    1. Try switching data connection off and then on
    2. If the above doesn’t work , go to Settings-> SIM Management -> Switch the SIM off and on again

6. Dialer keypad not oriented properly.
    A: This is due to higher dpi of the mobiles which I ported from. I am trying to fix it. Rest assured all the dialer functions is working properly

7. Mobile freezes while chaning recent app style?
    A: Yes, this normal the mobile will freeze for a minute or so and then reboot itself.

8.Themer is not working
    A: If the themer fails to work check these
    1. Make sure you have SD card
    2. Go to Settings -> Control Centre -> General Tab-> Themer Settings -> Re Run Set Up Enviroment
    And then try

9. Reboot Option not found in Power Menu pop up
    A: This can easily be enabled, follow this
    Go to Settings-> Control Centre -> Gravity Box -> Power Tweaks -> Check Advanced Reboot Menu

10. Mobile takes long time to reboot or boot
    A: Well yea .. This happens as lot of scripts and apps have to be loaded but after that the ROM works like a butter

11. MyStyle App Force Closes
    A: This happens a couple of times during first boot . Just try opening the app for 4-5 times , it should work after 4th or 5th time

12. No native Video Calling?
    A: Yes this ROM has no native video calling , but there are so many 3rd party apps for that but it does support internet calling

13. Irritating Stock Music EQ !
    A: Well what can I say ... I have left it as some emotional reminder of Acer , after all this ROM is based on their work. :p . Actually this EQ **** is integrated pretty deep and I dont have that much time to work and remove and fix it, so yea you will have to live with it.

14. Wifi Grey Bar , Blue Bar ...confused?
    A: So here is the thing , WIFI When GREY - You mobile wifi is not connected to Google server and most of your GAPPS wont work and when its BLUE it mean mobile is connected to Google Servers and GAPPS should work fine. If you mobile is stuck at grey wait for a couple of min , if it is still not blue then switch wifi off and then on

15. How to get Xposed Installer and Gravity Box working?
    A: To get Xposed Installer and Gravity Box working , follow these steps
    1. Go to Xposed Installer -> Framework -> Install/Update and reboot
    2. Go to Xposed Installer -> Module-> Gravity Box -> Check It and reboot
    YOU ARE DONE! :D

16. Move to Phone Storage or Move to SD card?
    A: Please note , although the Settings may show Move to Phone Storage , It MOVES TO SD CARD

17. GPS Doesnt Fix ??
    A: Refer to the video above

18. How to Get Android L look keyboard?
    A: Go to Settings -> Language and Input-> Click the Settings Icon to the right of Google Keyboard under Keyboard and Input Methods -> Advanced Settings -> Colour Scheme -> Material and you are DONE!

19. USB MTP not available?
    A: I tried to get it no luck....

20. USB Icon persists even after removing?
    A: Make sure you have ejected the drive from your comp and turned off USB Storage. If the problem persists just reboot
    Reserved

SCREENSHOTS

NORMAL ROM + FLOAT APPS​

tFBgIn5.png

jNJWLoi.png

StBH9ef.png

TagF1W1.png

0eTvdg2.png

LLJtNFl.png

m9jtqfI.png

FP4GlO1.png

U1wSmBP.png