[Q] HD2 Win mobile 7 Rom- when?

Search This thread

charliess

Sep 25, 2006
now where win mobile 7 has just been released and is available in the stores or better on the new htc mobiles i really wonder when we will get the first official rom from htc for the hd2? I really wonder why it takes so long, isnt the hd2 arichtecture comparable to the one of the hd7? i hope it will come soon... :(

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
now where win mobile 7 has just been released and is available in the stores or better on the new htc mobiles i really wonder when we will get the first official rom from htc for the hd2? I really wonder why it takes so long, isnt the hd2 arichtecture comparable to the one of the hd7? i hope it will come soon... :(

Hmm, where have you been the passed 10 months? The HD7 is Microsofts and HTC's way of giving you WPS7 on a comparable device. You either need to get a new device, or wait for devs to port it.

I guess in the meantime you can enjoy Android is you are bored. :)

meknb

Nov 21, 2008
Merseyside
This is just a rom with the interface.
XDA starting HD2_21916_3.14_Windows Phone 7 first to experience the full version of the Chinese Language Interface.
This is the version of windows phone 7 interface experience, not really WP7 prototype system, is still the core of WM6.5, driver version 3.14 for Taiwan, no built-in radio, the radio 2.14 in the case of available memory up to 310M or more, adjust the Task_Manager tasks Manager from the battery icon, WP interface customization options, including color, picture position, add a program, UI and editing, the specific operation: Press the right interface, while the pop-up menu, specifically, how games are played, there are friends to find standby
From xda.cn

swefla

May 18, 2010
Google translation said following:"This is the master of a successful transplantation of the disc according to WP7 to HD2, HD2 brush WP7 seems getting closer and closer to us"

:) can anybody explain this? :)

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
Woah! This is really impressive! This was been the best presentation of WP7 on the HD2. I "can" be fake, but they pulled it off very well if they did. *AHEM TOM CODON!!!

Why has there not been many hype about this video?

I honestly, think it looks legit...

what do you guys think? have they beat Cotulla to it?

zhyx

Oct 24, 2010
wuhan
I'm chinese...and also a member of the forum you guys mentioned before...from my opinion,that's just a theme of win7...not a rom...

radiance26

Jun 3, 2009
Avignon
I think it's not the true wp7 system because of the static main screen.
The video don't show us contact and phone mode, it's the same things for xbox live.
I don't believe theme.

the0ne

Jan 2, 2007
Melbourne
www.1800pocketpc.com
HD2-WP7-590x437.jpg

It looks like an earlier build. Have given it some press on 1800PocketPC

charliess

Sep 25, 2006
ok i dont doubt that anyone will be able to port it complete to the hd2, you guys out there are smart enough :) but what about the rumors i heard over the last year that htc will come up with an offical wp7 rom for the hd2? i thought this was an acknowledged thing from htc or is there anyy offical statement from htc they wont do this?

Avalandiel

Mar 30, 2007
From what I remember, Microsoft has reported atleast 3 different times stating that there will be no release of WP7 on the HD2. While the HD2 has been considered a test device to build WP7, it is not worth their time to build a fully funtional build on what they might call an old device. There is also the fact that Microsoft has certain restrictions on what devices will support WP7, and the HD2 does not qualify under these restrictions. Since it is Microsoft that designated these restricitons, HTC would be unable to release an official build of WP7 even if they wanted to.

The HTC HD7 is almost identical to the HD2 in terms of hardware. If anything, I would think the best unofficial build would come from this device.

I also don't doubt that there will be a build of WP7 for the HD2 in the very near future :)

tkato

Oct 8, 2009
I'm chinese...and also a member of the forum you guys mentioned before...from my opinion,that's just a theme of win7...not a rom...

What do you mean? if you're chinese can't you read the explanation and tell us if it's a theme or rom? surely you can read the info on the threads.

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
From what I remember, Microsoft has reported atleast 3 different times stating that there will be no release of WP7 on the HD2. While the HD2 has been considered a test device to build WP7, it is not worth their time to build a fully funtional build on what they might call an old device. There is also the fact that Microsoft has certain restrictions on what devices will support WP7, and the HD2 does not qualify under these restrictions. Since it is Microsoft that designated these restricitons, HTC would be unable to release an official build of WP7 even if they wanted to.

The HTC HD7 is almost identical to the HD2 in terms of hardware. If anything, I would think the best unofficial build would come from this device.

I also don't doubt that there will be a build of WP7 for the HD2 in the very near future :)

M$ was thinking we would take way our HD2, to buy a new WP7s device......Crasy company.:mad:

I prefer to be a android embassador, to buy a new M$ device.