[Q] still no 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

stuffy429

Jul 8, 2014
Its been a month and I still am not able to get the ota for my AT&T gs4 active. Every time I check for the update I get the message that the system was interrupted and there is no new update. I am currently on unrooted ML2. Does anybody have any idea why this may be?

Last edited:
Its been a month and I still am not able to get the ota for my AT&T gs4 active. Every time I check for the update I get the message that the system was interrupted and there is no new update. I am currently on unrooted ML2. Does anybody have any idea why this may be?
Just download it and flash it through stock recovery yourself. That's the way the OTA works anyways, but for some reason your phone isn't automatically downloading it.

Ultiweap

Sep 10, 2012
Quatre Bornes

Hi,

If you are not having it though OTA simply download the firmware for you model from Sammobile.com and flash it with Odin.

sleze

Nov 6, 2007
I searched sammobile and it doesn't have any firmware for AT&T or any S4A updates to 4.4.2. Is there any other place where I can download the firmware manually?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

captaincado

Jan 30, 2012
I searched sammobile and it doesn't have any firmware for AT&T or any S4A updates to 4.4.2. Is there any other place where I can download the firmware manually?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629093
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
Download the .cfg file, change to update.zip, place file on SD card and use recovery to flash.

sleze

Nov 6, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629093
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
Download the .cfg file, change to update.zip, place file on SD card and use recovery to flash.

Whoops...the 4.4.2 firmware wiped my phone to stock 4.2.2. Ugh.

But this is the link I needed. Thanks :)

Meh - Further work of trying to restore the original system/app files in order to push any of the updates bricked the phone. It is stuck on the AT&T logo and recovery mode has a "No Command" and dead android icon. Just be careful, people...

Last edited:

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
I just documented my steps of resolving a few unrooted, stock ATT ML2 phones here

Don't understand how the NE3 would make a stock ATT ML2 go from 4.3 to 4.2 (as posted..)

(my step 1 was using ATT update over wifi if available.... however, in my case multiple phones FIND the ATT NE3 update 444 mb file but FAIL after reboot when update reaches 29 percent, no explanation given.)

2. Download from the link above (ATT Stock Firmware Thread) the Android 4.4 ( I537UCUCNE3 (4.4.2) ) 444 MB file,
3. Rename the 444 MB file to update.zip
4. Set SG4A phone into Developer Mode and enable USB debugging
5. Move the update.zip to a microSD card and insert into phone
6. Hold down simultaneously Volume Down, Power and Home Button and wait for Stock recovery/Downloading menu to appear
7. Select update.zip and let phone update ML2 to NE3

sleze

Nov 6, 2007
Whoops...the 4.4.2 firmware wiped my phone to stock 4.2.2. Ugh.

But this is the link I needed. Thanks :)

Meh - Further work of trying to restore the original system/app files in order to push any of the updates bricked the phone. It is stuck on the AT&T logo and recovery mode has a "No Command" and dead android icon. Just be careful, people...

I was able to get my phone working by visiting the Samsung Center at a local best buy and they were able to push the latest and greatest 4.4.2. I would recommend that anyone trying to unroot their phone to be very careful.