[ROM] kwbr Viewpad 4.2 :: BeatsAudio :: Flashplayer :: App2SD ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.

Search This thread

Letitride

:D +1 here

Been running on EU V1.7b for ITE for past few months, which works for me - now that I've time after jb wife's ipad2 that she badly wanted (not giving up "my" vpad7 yet with games) - d/l and flashed this ROM.

Initial feedback: it's lean & streamlined, works for ITE screen (yeah !!) and got A2SD working as well without trouble - seemed very responsive, snappy & cool. Whatever is not preloaded, installed - I can either get from newest Market or restore from TB saved.

Got my favorite widgets, launcher & settings, etc. that I'm going to configure and later tonight, get Angry Bird verisons & saved scores/results - and let's see how it's going (will update my findings here, stay tuned.)

Nice work based on stock ROM - still no OC kernel for our Vpad7 but I'm going to checkout Flash Player too.

Update #1 - (14 Feb. 2012) - everything looked good so far, I repeated the setup last night - using older CWMRecovery to format SD ext3 partition and then moved everything saved back onto the mSD card. Using DT's A2SD and it's excellent, the A2SDGUI showing exactly how memories are being managed. TB restored saved apps (no data, except for a select few after this Rom booted up & stable) - Angry Birds/Seasons running nicely - including my (3 stars) saved scores, yeah !

Videos playing in YouTube, installed my preferred Hacker's Keyboard with full 5 rows of keys and Fancy Widgets. Downloaded other "stripped" apps from Android Market, allowed everything to get updated - make a CWM Backup image just in case. Next up, replacing "stock" browser with Dolphin Browser HD ...

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Reactions: indyend

indyend

Feb 15, 2011
www.saensukcity.com

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Last edited:

VPAD7

Mar 14, 2012
Ive beed trying it, and its a nice rom, it does speed it up, i only noticed one thing, the battery life is shorten to half maybe, is there something around it, or do i just have to learn to live with it ?

Thank you for the nice ROM :D

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Ive beed trying it, and its a nice rom, it does speed it up, i only noticed one thing, the battery life is shorten to half maybe, is there something around it, or do i just have to learn to live with it ?

Thank you for the nice ROM :D
Please clear battery stats from the clockwork mod settings and let the battery calibrate (2 days full load/empty during the day). I will see if can add a an automated calibrate script anyways.

Reactions: VPAD7

VPAD7

Mar 14, 2012
Im not very familiar with clockwork mod, i had it on the rom manager before i installed your rom, now i cant find it anywhere except when i reboot to recovery mode ?

indyend

Feb 15, 2011
www.saensukcity.com
Thank you for new update.
I'm use >
CWM v. 2.5 ~
HW 104
Model A800 from wellcom thailand.
And this rom is work great. A litle problem with 3g connect, but can fixed it with APN's app.

Last edited:

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Thank you for new update.
I'm use >
HW 104
Model A800 from wellcom thailand.
And this rom is work great. A litle problem with 3g connect, but can fixed it with APN's app.
Hi indyend, thanks for your feedback on this. Maybe you can post your APN settings so I can add these to future roms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a fast and stable Viewpad 7 rom. I used the latest ViewSonic Viewpad 7 UK rom, version 3.620 as a basis.

For apps2sd create an 1024mb ext3 partition and cache size 0 with clockwork mod.

Don't forget to wipe after flashing the rom. Scroll down for version history.

Donate

Lots of goodies like black status bar, BeatsAudio, Flash Player, Apps2SD, super performance! All apps updated, new Google Play Store.

Downloads
    * kwbr rom for ViewSonic Viewpad 7
    Version history

kwbr 4.2 (Apr 2, 2012)

- Android-version 2.2.2
    - Kernel-version Apps_2.6.32.9
    - Build-number 4027_3_620
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Apps2SD
    - Black StatusBar
    - Battery Percentage Indicator on StatusBar
    - Automated log cleaning after reboot
    - BeatsAudio

- Updated
    . Adfree host file
    . Adobe Reader
    . Busybox
    . ES File Explorer
    . flash_image binary in /system/bin
    . Flash Player 10.3
    . Gmail
    . Google Play Store
    . GoogleQuickSearchBox
    . Google Music with BeatAudio
    . Hacker's Keyboard
    . su

- Removed
    . Ringtones
    . Alkido eBook reader
    . Filemanager
    . Latitude
    . Maps
    . News and Weather widget
    . Notepad
    . Places
    . RSS
    . Street
    . Talk
    . Touchpal keyboard
    . VoiceNote
    . Voice dial
    . Voice search
    . Last but not least I got rid of the annoying default bookmarks

Built for
    - Modelnumber Viewpad7
    - FTM:
    . SWVer=3.620
    . MODEL:FM6-0001
    . HWVer:106

For rooting your stock rom use SuperOneClickv1.7 which you can find in my repository.

Do mind to install the correct usb drivers. I had to install and run ViewSonic Switcher (SwitchUSB.exe) to get ADB working.
    Thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

U can download Bluelimus form GHOME and update in from bootloader. Maybe it's work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333553
    Should work with this rom when you have non-ITE hardware.
    hi
    is this rom rooted , will it work for non ITE hardware and does this have apps2sd
    thanks in advance:D
    Hi haree, the rom is pre-rooted and includes the latest version of superuser and su (please read posts 1 and 2). apps2sd is not yet included because I don't need it and I built this rom for personal usage. If you want to testdrive I can build a rom with apps2sd included :)
    hi
    that was lightning fast thanks again buddy ill try and keep u posted on the same:)
    You're welcome. Upload is finished, please give your feedback and don't forget to hit the thanks button :)