[ROM/DEV] MIUI Alpha 1

Search This thread

iandr0idos

Dec 23, 2011
I'm locked on ATT. I've tried every possible way to register on a network... none of them work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

armoguy94

May 25, 2009
I am a T989 user who flashed this ROM and left it as-is. Keep in mind that my phone is unlocked.

- GSM works, am able to get full signal, and make calls and text
- In a call, I can't hear the other party (regardless of whether GPS is on or of), and they also cannot hear me.
- Camera doesn't work
- WiFi doesn't work, it just says "Error" when I try to toggle it on through the settings
- Adjusting brightness works, although the slider shows a bit of lag
- Sound recording doesn't work
- Torch doesn't work
- Music player works perfectly fine.
- There is a large amount of pixelation when objects are moving on the phone
- Everything is fast
- I receive no data connection. When going to Settings -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names, no APNs show up. When adding a new one, it says it saves but doesn't show up in the APN settings. When resetting to default APNs, still, no APNs show up in the list.

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
I am a T989 user who flashed this ROM and left it as-is. Keep in mind that my phone is unlocked.

- GSM works, am able to get full signal, and make calls and text
- In a call, I can't hear the other party (regardless of whether GPS is on or of), and they also cannot hear me.
- Camera doesn't work
- WiFi doesn't work, it just says "Error" when I try to toggle it on through the settings
- Adjusting brightness works, although the slider shows a bit of lag
- Sound recording doesn't work
- Torch doesn't work
- Music player works perfectly fine.
- There is a large amount of pixelation when objects are moving on the phone
- Everything is fast
- I receive no data connection. When going to Settings -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names, no APNs show up. When adding a new one, it says it saves but doesn't show up in the APN settings. When resetting to default APNs, still, no APNs show up in the list.

Have you tried using apn backup and restore from market?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
just tested this (thanks for getting a working link up :) ) and i found that on my locked to att skyrocket i was able to get a signal when calling someone, but it was dropped shortly after i hung up. wifi works fine. i saw the 2d graphics glitch where it gets really pixely but other than those things its great

armoguy94

May 25, 2009
I couldn't get to the market because wifi nor data worked, and I didn't feel like circumventing that by downloading the apk on my computer and then using adb to install it on my phone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

slambkny

Nov 20, 2010
Can someone PLEASE. Tell me why every time I try to flash this on my t mobile. I get an error aborted message???? I've never got it to flash. Maybe cause I'm leaving it on the emmc internal SD???

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
guys first we need to get cm7 and that working no cm7 means no miui and no custom rom..cm9 is same thing or aokp or aosp w/e u wanna call it..be patient

N

nrm5110

I know what it takes LOL cm 7 would be nice but nobody has touched that subject in a long time and I'm not holding my breath on cm9 or samsungs supposed ics update

people who live in glass houses sink ships

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI
    Alpha 1

MIUI is one of the most popular Android ROMs across all devices, and here it is, (almost) completely ready for the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket!

Issues
    • Mobile Network may or may not work. I believe you have to be unlocked.
    • Camera DOES NOT yet work
    • In-call audio does not work. One workaround may be to leave the GPS on and reboot. However, as I am not unlocked, I cannot test this.
    • Wifi sometimes gives an error. Looks like you're going to have to flash Da_G's CM7 kernel without any tweaks to fix that.

Let me know if there are any other issues! Other than that, this ROM could be a daily driver.

Working
    Everything not listed above

Questions?
    Just ask!

Dev Work
    This is my first ROM, so I may need a little help dealing with all the problems that may arise. You are free to download this, modify it as you want, and repost it as your own. Just give credit where needed.

Special Thanks
    XAviierG - This ROM is based off of all of XAviierG's hard work. I merely made small edits to make it work with the i727.
    Da_G - This ROM's kernel is based off of Da_G's CM7 kernel.
    SolteRR - SolteRR was able to fix the problem with the internal SD not being mounted by the ROM.

Download
    Alpha 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?74r3b81u203tbqo
    Da_G's CM7 Kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1398512

This ROM is very close to being done! I hope to have a completely stable and working ROM as a daily driver by next month.

Screenshots
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=829366&d=1324840484
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=829369&d=1324840522
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=829370&d=1324840532
    Yeah guys, really sorry about this.
    I've been really busy with school lately, finishing up a year and a half long project... It's important, hopefully some of you IB guys can understand.

And CM7 isn't perfect yet. If it was, we'd have a perfectly working rom. All of it is just kernel now, I believe. And we don't have a proper cm7 kernel yet.

I don't have time to hack away at the kernel, which is why I was really hoping somebody would pick it up. Apparently not.

So I guess this rom is going to die as well... until I find time. :(

I'll take a look at the kernel in my spare time, see what I can do.
    it will definately not get it this week, but att said it will get it eventually, i would rather have aosp ics anyway

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

also for the dev the website hosting the file says ur out of bandwidth so cant download
    also thanks a lot for getting this on the skyrocket, the more choices the merrier!

lol wtf, out of bandwidth?! Okay, I'll try mediafire. :p
    Thanks for the heads up.

And I haven't had much time for more dev work. IB is a harsh mistress. I'm working on getting data working, but I can't really test it since my phone won't even let me register on the network... I'm not unlocked.

It's why I opened this ROM up for the public. I'm hoping someone else can take it further. I'm still working on it, though!

EDIT: Link updated! No mediafire bandwidth restrictions, so hopefully this will stay more permanent. ;)
    I just tried data and wifi didnt work... definitely not a daily driveer

Sent from my SGH-T989
    Looking good, you may want to add scrolling graphic errors to issues/things you need to fix. Seems to glitch out whenever I move too quickly between homescreens. But seriously great job, I love MIUI, great to see it on my skyrocket.