toshiba excite pro (love it)

Search This thread

anarchyuk

Mar 27, 2007
North East England
Hey,

Must say this tablet is amazing,, screen is crisp, tegra 4 doesnt seem to really perform much different but heh the tegra 3 doesnt have to hit this res... but trust me I work for a company with a fruit as a logo and this blows all there tablets out the water//

flexfield

Jul 27, 2013
Sacramento
I hope Toshiba gets a hit with their new tablets. Not an iPad hater, just prefer competition for the consumers to choose from.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Angus66

Sep 4, 2012
Hey,

Must say this tablet is amazing,, screen is crisp, tegra 4 doesnt seem to really perform much different but heh the tegra 3 doesnt have to hit this res... but trust me I work for a company with a fruit as a logo and this blows all there tablets out the water//

How warm does it run? Roughly how long is the battery life?

mavoso

Nov 17, 2008
Ive read that the display isn't as sharp as nexus 10's ones because oft the white subpixels. Could you pls tell sth about it? +heat & +battery

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Walderstorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ive read that the display isn't as sharp as nexus 10's ones because oft the white subpixels. Could you pls tell sth about it? +heat & +battery

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

About the screen not true imo, but about the heat part, yes it heats like a mofo when in full speed mode. When in battery saving mode it caps the cpu frequency to 1.0 and almost no heat, when its not 1.8 and heats like an oven.

Angus66

Sep 4, 2012
I'm still looking for this tablet in a retail store so that I can check it out in person. Can't seem to find anyone else selling it besides Best Buy (online only) and a few third party vendors on Amazon.

CeesitarJet

Aug 21, 2013
To me, Toshiba excite pro is between all tables the best!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 4

kaefert

Nov 14, 2007
Vienna
Well, these are my impressions:

The screen is very good

The bluetooth keyboard stand is incredibly good design. Never seen better. This magnet stuff is nicely flexible and stable as well. does work well having it on the lap like a netbook.

The performance with the stock ROM is incredibly BAD. I've got frequent lags, especially in the browser, but also when waking the device and sometimes without an apperant cause. And the most incredible thing is that this device is supposed to work on a 1.8GHz quad core - how is such a bad performance possible with such a monster processor?!

dlsetz

Apr 4, 2012
Well, these are my impressions:

The screen is very good

The bluetooth keyboard stand is incredibly good design. Never seen better. This magnet stuff is nicely flexible and stable as well. does work well having it on the lap like a netbook.

The performance with the stock ROM is incredibly BAD. I've got frequent lags, especially in the browser, but also when waking the device and sometimes without an apperant cause. And the most incredible thing is that this device is supposed to work on a 1.8GHz quad core - how is such a bad performance possible with such a monster processor?!

for me its the fastest Tablet i have ever seen. it gets warm...yes. But thats probably because it is really fast. I had an transformer prime before and this is considerably faster. (I use the aosp browser). display is sharp and crisp. not as good as my htc one but also really good.
Problems:
1. WLAN Connection is unstable (there is an Update but currently only in the us)
2. Sometimes it just wont respond to anything. Hard Restart is the only solution. (same here update should be available)
3. Root would be nice
4. would be great if some skilled user would take a deeper look...

zoranuk

Aug 12, 2012
London
I having excite pro almost week and did not found any fault so far.
WiFi work spotless and reconnect in matter of second (from standby or from deep sleep)
10" Screen whit light sensor is one the best on market for me.
Battery life is pretty good(five to six hours watching movies from single charge) and sound one the best I heard on tablet.
Some apps don't work well like opera browser (crashing all times) but Firefox works fine.
Abbot heat I not playing games on it but watching movies,you tube and browsing internet, no heat whats so ever (not using battery saving mode because browsing can be glitchy).
Not latest android installed on it but jelly bean 4.2.1 is pretty good and Toshiba did nice touch with apps winch almost all can be disabled inducing Toshiba one.

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
Is there a user forum anywhere for this device?

Picked one up like so many others from Amazon for £170 knowing there would be no root option but satisfied to use it primarily for media playback.

Ive tried a couple of media files on it since arrival this morning and playback on some is a little stuttery using the Tosh's own media player and BSPLAYER. Can anyone recommend one capable of playing AVI with AC3 / MKV and x264 please.

Thanks

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
Just ordered one. ...

Hope its as good as u guys make out! !

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Picked one up like so many others from Amazon for £170 knowing there would be no root option but satisfied to use it primarily for media playback.

Ive tried a couple of media files on it since arrival this morning and playback on some is a little stuttery using the Tosh's own media player and BSPLAYER. Can anyone recommend one capable of playing AVI with AC3 / MKV and x264 please.

Thanks

I would use mxplayer if it works

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Also have u done firmware update? 4.3 update?

Reactions: alecoddlyiv

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
I was on 4.3 got bsplayer working properly in the end but had a look at mx as well and that seemed ok too. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay getting back.

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
No worries.

My only major problem is the sound which is on the quiet side.

I'm hoping someone has a fix for that.

Will have to check my version but Bsplayer volume goes up to 200% when using my finger on the screen where using the volume rocker it only goes up to 70%.

Would be nice to have somewhere us excite pro users could call our own.

If we did I would be able to ask questions like

1 - Is Angry Birds Go crashing for anybody else?

2 - What launchers is everyone using?

3 - What browser is everyone using as chrome seems a little clunky?

1 is now fixed following recent upgrade

Last edited:

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
This is an excellent device for the cost excellent. ..

Except sound. It's just not loud enough. Sound is excellent just not loud enough

boatgeek

Dec 1, 2009
I too have one, love it but the lack of root is frustrating. However, I have discovered that most of the updated Google apps can be sideloaded. This morning I updated the stock email Client to the one that ships with KitKat and it works flawlessly with the new exchange services. Going to look at seeing if anything else can be taken across.

Ran quadrant on my rooted Asus Memo pad and the Tosh and the Tosh scored double and more. The only area it is weaker in is 3d graphics which does surprise me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just ordered one. ...

Hope its as good as u guys make out! !

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Thanks

I would use mxplayer if it works

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Also have u done firmware update? 4.3 update?