[Q] Phone constantly reboots/won't power down after 4.3 update

Search This thread

cpt_luffbra

Jul 11, 2010
Hi all,

Earlier this week my HTC One Mini got stuck in an unstoppable bootloop. I couldn't even access fastboot/recovery, as everytime I booted into HBOOT the device would restart itself.

Thanks largely to the troubleshooting threads and the assistance of a few *extremely* helpful xda members, I've now escaped the clutches of the bootloop and I can boot into tr1gg3r84's 4.3 stock ROM.

However, my issues haven't been entirely fixed. The phone appears to boot up with no problems but when I try and use it, it'll hang for a second before unexpectedly rebooting. This is happened a number of times - within settings, within Play Store and sometimes whilst on standby when I'm not even touching it.

On top of that, the phone won't power off (even after deactivating fast boot in Settings > Power). I have tried powering off normally and in HBOOT - the screen goes dark for about 5 seconds, and then powers on again.

I thought I was out of the woods once the bootloop was fixed, but I'm at my wit's end.

Procedure I followed with current ROM:
- Wiped system, data, cache, and dalvik (TWRP)
- Installed Stock2.12.401.1Deodex(tr1gg3r84).zip
- Installed SuperSU update
- Rebooted into recovery
- Rebooted into bootloader
- Flashed boot.img from zip

At this point I attempted to start recovery from HBOOT in order to wipe cache and dalvik again - I got the purple 'Entering Recovery...' text but then the screen went black and rebooted as normal. After the phone booted for the first time, I enabled USB debugging and used 'adb reboot recovery' to get back into TWRP and wipe cache & dalvik.

Can anybody help?

elmuziko

Nov 28, 2013
I have the same thing
the only way i can power it down is through the bootloader menu. Pain in the ass but it is a solid work around.

cpt_luffbra

Jul 11, 2010
Try following this thread.....reflash the OTA

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573479

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

I have the same thing
the only way i can power it down is through the bootloader menu. Pain in the ass but it is a solid work around.

I did try that, but all I get is a black screen for 2~ seconds then the phone powers back on.