[Q] How to use others carriers Roms on the G2

Search This thread

mpalomba3

Jan 26, 2013
Staten Island
Hi all, I am getting a sprint LG G2 soon and I am wondering if there is a way that I can use a verizon rom on it. If I can what do I have to do to port it over?

tbishop91

Dec 24, 2013
BEFORE YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Flash what ever rom you would like and immediately flash a kernal over top of that rom FOR YOUR DEVICE!!!!!!! I have done this with several roms not compatible for my tmo including Verizon international and att and rom. If you use a rom with an aroma installer DONT CHECK REBOOT NOW FLASH YOUR KERNAL OVER TOP OF ROM!!! ANY OTHER WAY AND YOU WILL BRICK. :) i have had great luck using trwp recovery to do this hope this helps. Also make sure you have titanium backupor something like it to remove what is not needed, also you may lose features doing this, and one more thing please make sure you know the programming code for your data setting to make sure you can switch the rom to evdo sprints 4g data. It may also be verizons code im not sure

sdny8

Dec 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I would not recommend this. It will definitely not work 100%.

What features are you looking for? There are several options with xposed mods.

Sent from LG G2 @sdny8

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
which version of phone are you coming from?

personally I am using U.S tmobile version, i have flashed international and ATT version. Verizon and Sprint seems to have additional hardware and network differences so I never try.