which versions have the unlocked bootloader?

Search This thread

Blackdrag

May 11, 2011
Hey guys, I intend to buy the Moto X next week while it's on sale for $299. Does the Moto maker carrier free version come with an unlockable bootloader? On the motorola website it says "US / Sprint, USC, TMO" version is unlockable. Does US apply to me buying a contract free Moto X directly from Motorola?

D

Darth

Search is your friend. Google too.

I'm sorry, but its just so easy to find your answer. Seriously. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
Hey guys, I intend to buy the Moto X next week while it's on sale for $299. Does the Moto maker carrier free version come with an unlockable bootloader? On the motorola website it says "US / Sprint, USC, TMO" version is unlockable. Does US apply to me buying a contract free Moto X directly from Motorola?

The unlocked version is also considered the T-Mobile version... which can have the bootloader unlocked from Motorola. It does void the warranty though. The Dev versions are the only ones that don't void the warranty. The ATT and Verizon versions can't have the bootloader unlocked... not sure about the Sprint version.

Reactions: Blackdrag

Blackdrag

May 11, 2011
The unlocked version is also considered the T-Mobile version... which can have the bootloader unlocked from Motorola. It does void the warranty though. The Dev versions are the only ones that don't void the warranty. The ATT and Verizon versions can't have the bootloader unlocked... not sure about the Sprint version.

Ohhh okay! So I looked at the checkout and it lists GSM unlocked/tmobile so that one you can unlock the bootloader (tmobile) ... cool thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.