My S3 has black dots and lines on screen

Search This thread

RaideN250

Dec 11, 2011
Hello. I noticed this problem last week when turning the phone on. There was a black line on screen that was visible on the S3 logo and boot animation. Today I noticed It's getting bigger and several black ' balls ' or dots appeared but again they are only visible on boot or the TWRP recovery stand-by mode. I don't know what this is, I never had this problem before with any phone. Please help me. Also I have the international version, the GT- I9300. And the lines and dots aren't visible normally, the phone works just fine You can't even see those 'things' normally when the phone is on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

RaideN250

Dec 11, 2011
It is on stock rom, it's rooted and it has TWRP recovery and I can't return it because it was purchased online and it can only be returned within the first 3 days. I might think those lines are dead or stuck pixels

darkmage93

Mar 1, 2010
Iasi-Cotnari
Hello. I noticed this problem last week when turning the phone on. There was a black line on screen that was visible on the S3 logo and boot animation. Today I noticed It's getting bigger and several black ' balls ' or dots appeared but again they are only visible on boot or the TWRP recovery stand-by mode. I don't know what this is, I never had this problem before with any phone. Please help me. Also I have the international version, the GT- I9300. And the lines and dots aren't visible normally, the phone works just fine You can't even see those 'things' normally when the phone is on.

try flashing another rom and another recovery, like phil'z recovery. if the problem persists, it's probably the screen.