Anyone with an XT905 Razr M?

Search This thread

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012
Hi guys,

For those who have XT905 Razr Ms (the Aussie version) I'd just like to ask some questions :)

1. If you chose to, how did you root and unlock your bootloader?
2. And what ROMs do you use now? Links if possible please :)

Thanks
DrShellgon :fingers-crossed:

dareiflash

Jun 26, 2013
Hey man, I've got a XT905 so hopefully I can help out.

1. I rooted pretty much as soon as I got my phone. It was on 4.1.2, stuck with all the Telstra and whatever else bloatware so that's what made me go for root. I used (back then) motochopper to get root, and then motopocalypse to unlock the bootloader. Both worked without a hitch and it's been smooth sailing since!

However. I've been re-reading through the threads lately, and, if I understand correctly, it looks like the exploit motopocalypse used to unlock the bootloader has been patched, so that doesn't work any more. I've been reading that geohot's new root for the Galaxy S5 works for the RAZR M though! So maybe have a read and give that a go.

2. I decided to keep it at stock, because all the ROMs on offer all had some problem with them, such as audio, wifi, camera not working, etc. What I did instead was install the Xposed module + Gravitybox, and it pretty much lets me control a lot of functions of the phone. I also used TitaniumBackup to freeze/uninstall all the crapware, and finally a launcher to get custom homescreens.

Hope that helps a little, good luck with rooting your phone!

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012

1. I rooted pretty much as soon as I got my phone. It was on 4.1.2, stuck with all the Telstra and whatever else bloatware so that's what made me go for root. I used (back then) motochopper to get root, and then motopocalypse to unlock the bootloader. Both worked without a hitch and it's been smooth sailing since!

However. I've been re-reading through the threads lately, and, if I understand correctly, it looks like the exploit motopocalypse used to unlock the bootloader has been patched, so that doesn't work any more. I've been reading that geohot's new root for the Galaxy S5 works for the RAZR M though! So maybe have a read and give that a go.

2. I decided to keep it at stock, because all the ROMs on offer all had some problem with them, such as audio, wifi, camera not working, etc. What I did instead was install the Xposed module + Gravitybox, and it pretty much lets me control a lot of functions of the phone. I also used TitaniumBackup to freeze/uninstall all the crapware, and finally a launcher to get custom homescreens.

Haha thanks it's just I'm thinking of getting a new phone cos my current one is unreliable so I'd see if rooting and stuff was possible on a device before getting it :) Btw what ROMs did you try?

dareiflash

Jun 26, 2013
No worries, definitely always do your research before you plan to root :) My RAZR M has been a beautiful beast. It's lasted way longer than I thought honestly! Rooting it and tweaking it has given it plenty of new life.

Unfortunately I can't help you on the custom ROMs, I never ended up trying any of them. I've rooted and loaded custom ROMs on many phones before this, so I've been round the block a few times, and basically didn't really want to deal with all the odd glitches you can get. As it is, I'm really happy with my current setup (but there's always room for improvement!). I'm sure that others can give you better input on them than I can on that front.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.