[APP+DRV] [Keys remapper] Topaz Keyboard Controller GSM v1.4

Search This thread
Hi does anyone know how to map the button to actually SNAP a photo? I got the button maped to switch to the TOPAZ camera application but how to EMULATE the same button to actually snap the photo? I mean i know how to set up the button to EMULATE a function but i can not fimd the correct emulation or button code to take the photo.....anyone can help please..... :)

I do not think it is possible as the capture key is not a stand alone function but part of the Camera.exe program.

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
I do not think it is possible as the capture key is not a stand alone function but part of the Camera.exe program.

Yeah, I was kind of coming to that conclusion.......I have a programming request for this application in that case.

Tarkim, Would it be possible to have a "Screen tap" option as one of the "Action Types" drop down list. It would be great if this could be one of the button actions and then once selected during the setup you would enter the X, Y coordinates and then set that button to perform a screen tap at those coordinates..........

This would et around any similar cases of application buttons that are not mapped to specific key function numbers.

Last edited:

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Hi does anyone know how to map the button to actually SNAP a photo?

I made it by mapping a button to a little command line utility (tap.exe, attached) that emulates a stylus tap.

The usage for Tap is

tap.exe <X in pixel> <Y in pixel>

On my Topaz I used these values to tap on the screen where the shutter is

tap.exe 240 720

Attachments

• Tap.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 60

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
I made it by mapping a button to a little command line utility (tap.exe, attached) that emulates a stylus tap.

The usage for Tap is

tap.exe 240 720

Thanx mate you are a star.....works a treat rhanx again.

libove

Jan 25, 2007
Barcelona
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
EXCELLENT!!!
Thanks; now I've got "END <pause> END<long>" working to lock my screen. I'd still like to figure out a way to have a single "END<long>" lock the screen, but this I can live with.

The usage for Tap is

tap.exe 240 720

misko903

Oct 21, 2009
hello,
is it possible to disable hw keys when a call is incoming?

thanks in advance

it works, just need to restart the device...

Last edited:
Z

Zamboney

In the meantime I read all the posts (I should have read them before, but you know...:rolleyes:) and I found this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4541027&postcount=22

Therefore, using 'Emulate key press' to emulate 'Enter' is all what is needed :eek:

Maybe tap emulation will be useful for something else.

Weirdly enough this doesn't work on all ROMs. On several I've tried (Pisca e.g.) this works perfectly, but on other ROMs (nhathoa, loumeiyin) the exact same config file where enter is mapped to send in camera.exe doesn't take a photo?! Really weird...

Oldie56

Aug 4, 2009
Chemnitz
Power Button to Back Button

I didn`t manage to set the power (on the top) button to the back button (below the screen), tried many settings.:confused:

I need it for topaz, when in a waterproof box, where only the front buttons are accessible.

msyang20

Sep 5, 2008
where exactly will i find "lock" to use as a remap? ive already searched in windows on my device and i cant see it...unless its called something else?

actually id like to remap it to my up volume button as a long press. :confused:

For lack of a better solution;
1. You can install TD2 Tools and map the Boot manager to your volume key, or
2. Cookies home tab customizer has a setting for showing the lock icon on your home screen.
Sorry, not sure how to get to the lock function exactly.

tarek zag

Oct 5, 2009
thanks

thanx verymutch in this cab i found what i am searching, i can make back key for bluetooth on/off with discoverable mode ,,,thank u:)