USB Card Reader?

Search This thread

skipjack

Apr 12, 2003
UK
www.skipjack.co.uk
Is it possible to plug a USB card reader into the varioII?

I want to travel next week and just take my VarioII and Sony camera

I want to take pics on the sony camera and then transfer them to the VarioII so I can post them on the internet?

The Sony Camera is MS DUO :(

Any ideas anyone

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

fun_key

Sep 25, 2006
As far as I know, the tytn miniusb socket is not host capable; this mean that it can only be the slave of a computer

monkey_knight

Sep 26, 2006
Milford, CT
don't think it would work, since the computer and the device both host a female socket, so you usually need a male to male connector. i've never seen anything that hosts a female socket (the usb port that you normally see on your computer)

giryan

Oct 24, 2006
don't think it would work, since the computer and the device both host a female socket, so you usually need a male to male connector. i've never seen anything that hosts a female socket (the usb port that you normally see on your computer)

The later Sharp Zaurus PDAs have a port that can be used as a Host, it has a similar miniUSB socket to the Hermes, and can with an adaptor cable accept any USB device.

moku160

Nov 7, 2006
The later Sharp Zaurus PDAs have a port that can be used as a Host, it has a similar miniUSB socket to the Hermes, and can with an adaptor cable accept any USB device.

Unfortunately I have tried using my Zaurus's miniUSB cable to no avail. So I suppose it must b true, just doesnt have host capabilities... though I wouldnt be devistated if I was wrong :)

kneeslasher

Dec 31, 2004
Oxford
There is a really simple answer to this.

The Hermes uses MicroSD. Some company on eBay does a MicroSD to Memory Stick Pro Duo. I think you can get an adapter for Pro Duo to Memory Stick. So stick the adapters into your camera. And then use the MicroSD in both phone/camera. I use the same solution between my p910i and my Dimage Z2.