Correct Swype beta phone app for ICS!

Search This thread

itsjdmyo

May 18, 2006
can you post a screenshot? i've downloaded swype beta from their website after flashing ICS and the keyboard is REALLY small. so i ended up going with the stock keyboard for now.

Reactions: martyr2k6

martyr2k6

May 4, 2010
Cincinnati
Sure thing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334292187294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334292187294.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 783
Reactions: boricua6

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
I suppose this is better for using your fingers, but have any of you tried the smaller keyed tablet version using your SPen? Hands down my favorite text entry method; so fast and accurate.

robot1000

Feb 7, 2010
English UK

Thanks

Is there any way of installing English UK language pack, as it's not downloadable through the app itself?

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
When on landscape the keyboard shows up an error stating it does not fit the resolution.

sbddude

Aug 24, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
worked for me on ICS (team Perfection ROM).

I had to make sure to uninstall the existing one first before I was able to get it to work. It is a big improvement over the one that swype installed directly because the keys are properly sized.

Last edited:

nm3th

Jul 2, 2009
SoCal
Anybody have the file and can share? None of the links are working. I'm just getting 404 errors. TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will only work if you are a registered Swype beta user... Simply uninstall the tablet Swype app on your phone, then sideload this, reboot, and voila!

http://db.tt/R9W2jfkw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Pulled the beta from their site and keyboard was too small

Found this, and indeed, voila!!

Thanks much!
    can you post a screenshot? i've downloaded swype beta from their website after flashing ICS and the keyboard is REALLY small. so i ended up going with the stock keyboard for now.
    I registered for swype beta.. Downloaded the swype installer.
    It was the downloading the beta and taking too long, so I quit it and installed this apk.. but all I get is a crappy keyboard that looks horribly terrible and I don't even see swype key. Just a black block of unbordered letters.
    So what do I do to get it working?

It's Time For The JOKER To Rise

Uninstall the swype that came with phone. Install Swype Installer and log in to download the tablet version. Once finish downloading, uninstall the swype (not swype installer but the swype you just downloaded). Install the swype APK from this thread and voila!

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke