ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Search This thread

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Dear poisike, thanks a lot for you helpful information, I did't knew that Rom manager it is not compatible with P7300, and they are not announcing this.
I want to tell you that I'm a fortunate man, I succeded to connect my tablet with PC via odin, and I solved the problem. I presume that I'll never try to overclock my CPU again.
Best regards to all

Don't give up so fast. Just install CWM recovery and use that for flashing kernels and roms.

Reactions: aflaviur

jhhoffma

Mar 17, 2008
Dear poisike, thanks a lot for you helpful information, I did't knew that Rom manager it is not compatible with P7300, and they are not announcing this.
I want to tell you that I'm a fortunate man, I succeded to connect my tablet with PC via odin, and I solved the problem. I presume that I'll never try to overclock my CPU again.
Best regards to all
ROM Manager will work with the Galaxy Tab 8.9, you just have to load Clockworkmod Recovery separately with Odin (takes like 2 minutes, it's easy). Problem is that ROMManager won't recognize the CWM version, unless you use RM to install it.

What I did was let ROM Manager install the CWM version for the 10.1 tab (4.0-something) and then right afterward use ODIN to flash the correct version of CWM.

After that ROM manager should work just fine. Though using CWM itself isn't that hard either, just more steps to do the same thing.

Reactions: StarkCity

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
ROM Manager will work with the Galaxy Tab 8.9, you just have to load Clockworkmod Recovery separately with Odin (takes like 2 minutes, it's easy). Problem is that ROMManager won't recognize the CWM version, unless you use RM to install it.

What I did was let ROM Manager install the CWM version for the 10.1 tab (4.0-something) and then right afterward use ODIN to flash the correct version of CWM.

After that ROM manager should work just fine. Though using CWM itself isn't that hard either, just more steps to do the same thing.
I wouldn't suggest using ROM Manager in this tablet at all. It is not needed (bloat!) and is very risky. Just stick to the CWM Recovery, it's the safest route for flashing in this tablet.

Reactions: StarkCity

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Guys just a newbie question, is there a way to enable usb recharging?
The tab recharges only when connected to the stock recharger, it doesn't recharge when connected to the pc...

trsneed

Feb 21, 2011
My buddy is buying my iPad2 today. Should I stay with Apple and get an ipad3 or get this bad boy?

I have a lot of experience with Android phones, htc inspire and galaxy nexus, just none with tablets.

I use my iPad for reading and web browsing with tapatalk. I also play an occasional tower defense game if that helps.

No blu ray rips or anything for me. I just rent in hd from Google Play.

aiening

Jul 28, 2011
Chongqing
why there is not have p739's rom?

the p739 is galaxy tab 8.9 for cdma.but there was not any informations for it,and I ask if we can own efforts to P739 can call?

kelvin76

Apr 22, 2012
GT-P7320T in Australia

can i be helped with rooting my GT-P7320T 4G as i have searched and can only find rooting forGT-7310. .......has this been developed yet

Sorry if i have missed it on the forum as i have searched everywhere
Thanks
Kelvin76

Apr 2, 2011
Cape Town
Kernel

cannot post under developement, i have looked everywhere, i am looking for a stock kernel/radio, not sure which to call it for my gtab p7300, after flashing clockwork my touchscreen is not working, i have put on a stock rom, no change, stock recovery, no change, cyanogenmod 9 has issues with my build.prop file and will not install, any ideas, can my question be moved or reposted in the developement section please

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Guys, I just noticed that my tab recently purchased has the following specs:
1ghz dual cpu
724MB ram
As far as I knew it had to be 1.2ghz and 1GB ram... Something wrong there?

Chevecc

Jun 17, 2011
I have a big problem:

Galaxy tab is rooted.. i have clock world mod..but:

I can't get in to recovery mode anymore.. the last time i could was to install CWM apk..

So now: i can't install a rom..

On other websites the could not give me any answer..so i hope you guys can help me. 1 person said something about odin..but i can't find it how to use this..

Further info: i have no backup stock rom.. and i can't find a stock rom for the netherlands..

Please guys..hope u can help me....

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
I have a big problem:

Galaxy tab is rooted.. i have clock world mod..but:

I can't get in to recovery mode anymore.. the last time i could was to install CWM apk..

So now: i can't install a rom..

On other websites the could not give me any answer..so i hope you guys can help me. 1 person said something about odin..but i can't find it how to use this..

Further info: i have no backup stock rom.. and i can't find a stock rom for the netherlands..

Please guys..hope u can help me....
Check the General guide right here in the General section. There's how-tos and more for your situation, including links and tools.

Apr 3, 2012
Eugene, Oregon
yep

Guys, I just noticed that my tab recently purchased has the following specs:
1ghz dual cpu
724MB ram
As far as I knew it had to be 1.2ghz and 1GB ram... Something wrong there?

It is a 1.2ghz CPU and it does have 1gb of on board ram. Samsung clocked the cpu to 1ghz to extend battery life and your losing 256 mob of ram to the video card. :) you can run a custom kernel and or rom and oc your CPU. Anything of 1.4 isn't super stable, at least hasn't been for me. Hope this helps

whx

May 4, 2012
SGH-I957 and Kies

Has anyone been able to use Kies via USB cable with the SGH-I957? I tried and it fails to connect.

jptonelli

May 4, 2012
multi touch problem

Hello everyone I have a problem with multi touch in my galaxy tab 8.9

multi touch is crashing when you put two fingers, has a solution for this?
I tried to use an app called: touch screen tune
but did not work saying that the tablet is not supported

StarkCity

May 4, 2012
Palm Desert, Ca
www.facebook.com
Set me straight.....

Hey all, new to the site but not to the game. I'm hoping not to upset anyone by asking these noob questions, but it's early, and I'm only on my first pot of coffee. I own a wifi only US spec 8.9. Just rooted it, compared to IOS jailbreak it seemed way too easy. I used methods of unlocking here on xda and am curious about a few things. I've googled, installed the " top tweaks" superuser, some rom managers and root doctors, whateve, but what can I really do to this thing that sets it above the rest? I can't seem to find CWM except in an old post noted as a fix. From reading It looks like this is needed to flash ROMs. Second, I want ICS on my tab bad, but from the info I don't see a fully functional custom rom yet, just old posts on ones with limited features. I'm down to donate or contribute to XDA if you guys can school me real quick. My goal is a nice overclock, a fully functional custom rom I can show off, but with ICS just around the corner for us with 8.9's I just don't know what direction to go. I've googled for hours but I can't seem to find what I want for this Galaxy Tab. Thanks for a great site and any info you guys can toss me.

So, I read the guide section, duh......so let me change my question's.

I downloaded the zip at the end of the post. Thing is I've already installed some Odin Multi Downloader 4. something.....is this the same thing? Can't I just drop the zip in my sd via usb without odin and open in stock recovery? Currently I have ROM Toolbox pro....6 bucks I think I may of wasted, SetCPU probably a waste also, Android Terminal Emulator, and Titanium Back up. I think I'm moving too fast just downloading stuff I don't really need. Guess I'm going to give this a go and try to install CWM recovery per the guide. Again my goal is to overclock, looks like ICS will roll out in a few so i'll wait. Can someone please enlighten me? I'm going nuts here. Is this process like iOS? What i mean is can you lose root access the same way you lose a jailbreak when new firmware is released and downloaded?

Forgive me, my mind is ruined by countless hours in iOS.

Really surprised and a tad dissapointed I did not get one reply.....but I must thank you for not helping and allowing me to get it squared away myself. Which I have done. Rooted, CWM installed and system backed up. Decided not to flash ICS yet though. Still would like advice on overclock.

Kill this thread/post.....I figured it all out.....overclocked at 1.5 as of today....runs great.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
    Thanks Guys
    A :)
    what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

It should be 3.1 .. exactly like Tab 10.1
    I flash the KI1 rom for my Orange branded rom galaxy tab 8.9, and I can rooted her and I have no yellow triangle like GS2.

So I think you can flash !

And I keep my IMEI. ;)

Yes it is a no wipe rom.
    there is no moisture problem,couse there is another Display! The Brightnes is a bit Lower than 10.1 it´s Time to develop a litle bit:)
    As requested...

Ok, I will say what I did and how but please note there's no turning back if you make a mistake as there is no American ODIN image (as of today on samfirmware.com) to return the tablet to its original state. That said, I'm not responsible for damages of any kind on your Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Root Instructions: HERE (also look at the second post for manual entry to the default Samsung Recovery)

- After rooting, I acquired Titanium Backup on the Market to delete Samsung bloat. There's lots of tutorials for Titanium Backup on the net, but be careful when deleting stuff, you've been warned. If you don't know what is X or Y program, google it or don't touch it. If you delete something you don't have an idea what it is, you run the risk of soft-bricking your Tab, once more, you've been warned.

- For accelerating shutdown/boot time a little, I used Root Explorer (to backup/copy or delete stuff tap on Mount R/W on the upper side of the app AND PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES/FOLDERS I'M ABOUT TO MENTION in case you want the boot/shutdown animations and tunes back). On /etc folder you see a music file named 1_Power_on.ogg and that's the tune you hear while the phone's booting.

Then on /system/media you see two files named bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg and yes those are logically the two files responsible for the spacey boot animation. On /system/media/video you see a shutdown folder and logically this is related to the shutdown animation. Before deleting files, I backed up said files (just tapped Copy and pasted them in another location) in case I wanted to restore them later on by putting them where they belong.