how to add favourites XDA android app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ttm94

Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys I'm still quite new to the forums and have just purchased the XDA premium app for android but I cant seem to find how to favourite a thread so it will show in the favourites tab. all helps appreciated thanks!

savesheep

Jun 20, 2010
It's cool man - find the topic you like, press and hold on it then choose subscribe. It'll then show up under favorites. I believe you have to from the list of topics though, not while you're actually viewing it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

ttm94

Oct 18, 2011
It's cool man - find the topic you like, press and hold on it then choose subscribe. It'll then show up under favorites. I believe you have to from the list of topics though, not while you're actually viewing it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

Awesome thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
That is quiet not user friendly, since we have "subscribe" to receive email notifications for new replies...

Talking about confusing, eh?

rib king

Aug 20, 2012
yes, poorly implemented.

With such a large forum I thought favorites would be helpful to shortcut to the sub-forums I read.

subscribe to make a favorite. to me that implies I would get alerts for all new posts which I don't want. we'll see.

Last edited:

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
yes, poorly implemented.

With such a large forum I thought favorites would be helpful to shortcut to the sub-forums I read.

subscribe to make a favorite. to me that implies I would get alerts for all new posts which I don't want. we'll see.
You can shortcut the forums you'd like.
Simply long press on it and a Create Shortcut option is the bottom option.

Also, no you won't get alerts for all new posts. The only way you get alerted for new posts, is if you subscribe to a single thread and change the option to get notified.

g4Nk

Aug 25, 2011
Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question, but is there a search function for the app?

Lettuce!

Jan 30, 2013
This needs changing to "add forum to favourites" with a heart icon instead of "subscribe." it's confusing if you don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts