LTE Not working on Telus

Search This thread

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
I recently had to manually enter my IMEI when I lost it. Now whenever I turn on data it shows LTE but it doesn't work. If I switch back to 4g it works but obviously on 4g speeds and not LTE. Is this something wrong with the APN Settings? Any input?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I recently had to manually enter my IMEI when I lost it. Now whenever I turn on data it shows LTE but it doesn't work. If I switch back to 4g it works but obviously on 4g speeds and not LTE. Is this something wrong with the APN Settings? Any input?

How hard did you look for a solution?
What have you tried so far?
Are the APN Settings correct for your carrier?
A few threads back(about 50; last posted in on the 13th of February) there's one named
"Injected IMEI SGH-I747 stuck on Edge network Please help get LTE back"
there is some good info there.
Check it out.

I do not know if that is compatible with your phone or not but there is good info there. You can always ask them if it is safe for your phone.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I am curious what rom you are on?
What did you do to loose your imei?
You're on Telus? If you are have you tried flashing a stock image through Odin? (the non AT&T phones have official firmware images released)
If not it wouldn't hurt to try, just remember if you have ever been on the 4.3 OTA bootloader (I think it is MJ5? For you non AT&T guys) you can only flash 4.3 with Odin and if you never were on it you can flash whatever you want.

Last edited:

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
How hard did you look for a solution?
What have you tried so far?
Are the APN Settings correct for your carrier?
A few threads back(about 50; last posted in on the 13th of February) there's one named
"Injected IMEI SGH-I747 stuck on Edge network Please help get LTE back"
there is some good info there.
Check it out.

I do not know if that is compatible with your phone or not but there is good info there. You can always ask them if it is safe for your phone.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I am curious what rom you are on?
What did you do to loose your imei?
You're on Telus? If you are have you tried flashing a stock image through Odin? (the non AT&T phones have official firmware images released)
If not it wouldn't hurt to try, just remember if you have ever been on the 4.3 OTA bootloader (I think it is MJ5? For you non AT&T guys) you can only flash 4.3 with Odin and if you never were on it you can flash whatever you want.

I've googled alot and searched. Couldn't find much.
Yes the APN settings are correct.
Okay I'll check it out.
I'm on the 4.3 Pac-Man ROM, Used Quantum and stock and still no LTE. This problem occured while I was using stock.
I lost my IMEI because I flashed the wrong carrier stock file.
Yes I have tried flashing back to stock and it's the MK5 bootloader I believe, which I have.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I've googled alot and searched. Couldn't find much.
Yes the APN settings are correct.
Okay I'll check it out.
I'm on the 4.3 Pac-Man ROM, Used Quantum and stock and still no LTE. This problem occured while I was using stock.
I lost my IMEI because I flashed the wrong carrier stock file.
Yes I have tried flashing back to stock and it's the MK5 bootloader I believe, which I have.

Sounds like you have gotten something corrupt in the efs partition