*need assistance*

Search This thread

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
When you ran the ruu you would lose recovery. So once returned to gb you had no cmw unless you flashed it. You are not dead I do not think, I just don't know the fix. Someone like globatron may be able to help you

Reactions: ZEDEK

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Thanks Globatron..but I tried that.. is there a special CWM file I should use?..the one I tried was from ur thread to downgrade HC to GB.. or is there a special method I should use via ADB ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Also of note, is the fact that it appears that when the HBOOT is loaded (even though its rather quick) I dont think there is an "image" on my HBOOT (I hope that makes sense)

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
There is a different cmw for gb and hc

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14693680

Try the one for the view from this thread

At this point Im willing to try anything--question though--since adb is not even recognizing my device (remember USB debugging is probably not enabled) can I copy this recovery to the root of my SD card then go into FastBoot and try to boot into recovery that way?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Get into fastboot, then place the recovery in the same directory on your PC as the fastboot command.

Fastboot flash recovery "name of file.zip"

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Get into fastboot, then place the recovery in the same directory on your PC as the fastboot command.

Fastboot flash recovery "name of file.zip"

Sorry for my ignorance--but I dont understand---if adb is NOT recognizing my device how is this possible?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Adb and fastboot are different command lines. adb can not see your service in hboot or fastboot. Fastboot can only see your device in fastboot. Only chance for adb to see a device that is not booting is in recovery or if the device is booting far enough that even though it does not fully boot it can be reached.

The fastboot command are separate from adb

Last edited:

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
ok..gotcha---I think. In my SDK folder I dont see a "FastBoot" folder by itself--in Platform tools I see "FastBoot.exe"-->again I apologize for my ignorance (Im only use to working on phones not tablets). Before I irritate you any further, can u link me to a site that gives me some info on FastBoot commands and is there any drivers I need to download to make these commands work? Thanks for your time.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
You use this like adb. Place it in any folder you want, open a command terminal on your PC, change directories to the folder you placed it in, make sure the recovery is in the same folder, execute command by typing it in the command terminal

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
You use this like adb. Place it in any folder you want, open a command terminal on your PC, change directories to the folder you placed it in, make sure the recovery is in the same folder, execute command by typing it in the command terminal

ok mcord, I had to do some searching on the web to understand what you were saying--> Im so used to using the UPDATE.ZIP method, but anyway the file that u sent me when I examined it I found that the FASTBOOT file is located in my platform tools in the Android SDK folder...so I used this thread to assist me in understanding--->http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...lash-recovery-image-via-fastboot-sd-card.html
So I then changed the file name of "cwm-4.0.1.4-express" to "recovery.img"and then placed it in the platform tools folder where the FASTBOOT file was and then used this code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and got the following error:cannot load 'recovery.img'---did I do something wrong? I feel like I'm so close to making this work

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Check spelling and confirm out I'd in the same directory

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
hmmm...(I dont know why this is so hard). I get this message:
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail) <----------does this mean its not in the same directory?

*FRUSTRATED*

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Taking a stab at it but your hboot is not unlocked. It would say it at the top of the hboot screen. Maybe you can try to unlock it but I am not sure that will work without debugging

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Taking a stab at it but your hboot is not unlocked. It would say it at the top of the hboot screen. Maybe you can try to unlock it but I am not sure that will work without debugging

This is what it says at the top of the tablet:
EXPRESS PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 1.13.0000
MICROP-0656
RADIO- 1.05.11.0531
Jun 10 2011, 00:12:16

Top Liked Posts