[TOOL] HTC Vivid All-In-One Toolkit V3.0 [3-24-2013] [PERM ROOT] [Noob-Proof]

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AlexisRoj

Jul 11, 2008
San Jose
www.ComunidadMoviles.com
i flashed the kernel available on this tool kit and now the phone wont boot. i have tried to flash it many times over and no go. I even tried flashing the stock back on and still it stays stuck at the HTC white screen. I followed the steps to unlock bootloader and everything went fine no problem at all. flashed the recovery also with no issues. i went to flash the kernel, and im stuck.....i had the vivid on AT&T stock ICS. let me know what i can do thanks....

I have same problem

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
You guys have to make sure the build you are on is the same build for the kernel. You can find you build in the software info in the about phone section. In your cases, you need to reflash the stock ROM to get you up and running unless you can find the kernel that your ROM originally used.

AlexisRoj

Jul 11, 2008
San Jose
www.ComunidadMoviles.com
You guys have to make sure the build you are on is the same build for the kernel. You can find you build in the software info in the about phone section. In your cases, you need to reflash the stock ROM to get you up and running unless you can find the kernel that your ROM originally used.

What rom i can used, thxs bro

My english is toonbad, i speak spanish

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
Hey hasoon, do you think it'd be a good idea to remove the option to flash CWM? It's been causing a lot of issues with users. Just thought removing the option completely might alleviate some headaches later on down the road. :)

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
CWM is a fantastic recovery... on most devices. It wasn't made correctly for the Vivid. It's caused multiple soft and hard bricks alike for this device. See the link below, WC's had to help multiple people due to problems with CWM. It's all up to you though, just suggesting.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25230724&postcount=9

I appreciate it. I'll look into it!

Will you please add an option in the toolkit to open up command prompt? :D

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

I can try lol.

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
vivid all in one

I used all in one to root and used the CWX recovery v s the. CMW as if I remember there were two options on the tool to flash recovery....I also had to do 3 battery pulls before it would get passed the whit e ATT screen.....slaps you have to flash WC boot.IMG first and his ROMs have the instructions built into the .zip file
I loved using the all in one tool worked great to root and do CWX recovery and then I flashed the Rom using an sd card vs from internal storage ...

Bigred1991

Sep 3, 2010
Question

Hello, I just got an HTC Vivid today. I am coming from an HTC Inspire. Will this root kit work on a stock HTC Vivid running the official ICS ROM?

---------- Post added 10th May 2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th May 2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Here is where I stand. I have an Stock HTC Vivid still on GB. I want to update to Official ICS, but don't know if I can obtain root on stock ICS. Basically, I just want a rooted vivid running official ICS. What is the best route to get there?

GuySmily

Jun 11, 2010
WHOA! There's NO WARNING from the application that this thing WIPES your phone on Unlock Bootloader. If this is supposed to be noob-proof, I think that would be a good thing to have.

mark72501

Dec 30, 2008
Arkansas
WHOA! There's NO WARNING from the application that this thing WIPES your phone on Unlock Bootloader. If this is supposed to be noob-proof, I think that would be a good thing to have.

Pretty sure it clearly says that on the HTC site and in that process? Right? I think I remember seeing it. Of course, when you're in the process of unlocking and then rooting and loading a custom ROM, etc., it's going to get wiped anyway... :)

zombieguy85

Feb 20, 2011
Waco ,tx
Hello, I just got an HTC Vivid today. I am coming from an HTC Inspire. Will this root kit work on a stock HTC Vivid running the official ICS ROM?

---------- Post added 10th May 2012 at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th May 2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Here is where I stand. I have an Stock HTC Vivid still on GB. I want to update to Official ICS, but don't know if I can obtain root on stock ICS. Basically, I just want a rooted vivid running official ICS. What is the best route to get there?

Looking for sameinfo

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
i unlocked bootloader.. installed CWM.. then went on to install kernel.. said press any key.. i did then I am stuck on the HTC loadup screen..

What did I do wrong??

UPDATE:

I am running ICS 4.0.3 - Just got phone today. :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
Ok. I went through bootloader and got into WCX recovery(i installed that one instead since it said ICS). So, Now I am in recovery but I still can't get past the HTC screen. Am I rooted? Do I just install a ROM now? Gonna try to install a ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC Vivid. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • TWRP 2.4.4.0
    • User Provided Kernel
    -Flash Kernels provided
    • User Provided Kernel
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to the FAQ thread
    - Link to the Vivid Development thread.
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

ohpeo0.png

How To Use

Just run the "Vivid V2.2." DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods who helped this forum!
    - Developers made ROMs for everyone to use!
    - Devs who made the kernels!
    - 8125Omnimax for his CIQ Neuter Tool!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    - logancruiser
    - ///M Class
    - anit77
    - Spedelbrock
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 2-13-2012

V1.1 2-16-2012
    - Moved some files into folder so Data folder is cleaner
    - Added Bling's Debloater and Debloater Remover (Only for Sense ROMs)

V1.2 2-18-2012
    - Finally Added a Perm Root option (had to mess with the SU zip file)

V2.0 released 3-22-2012
    - Completely redesigned UI (again)
    - Made it cleaner and even more simpler
    - Added Useful links to Android-Dev.us and XDA
    - Fixed Perm Root (Yes, It Finally Works!!)
    - Added some additional commands that can be used

V2.1 Released 3-25-2012

- Fixed CWM command
    - Added WCX's ICS recovery

2.2 Released 6-7-2012
    - Removed Stock Recovery
    - Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Removed the debloaters
    - Fixed Root. Now it works.

v3.0 Released! 3-24-2013
    - Removed the Recoveries and replaced it with TWRP 2.4.4.0
    - Added tons of new commands!
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.25
    - Added support for Windows 8
    - Added tons of new links to make life easier!
    - You can now make a logcat with my tool
    - You can also sideload a ROM via TWRP
    - Check your CID, Erase Cache, flash Factory RUU Zip and more!
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    A college student spent his Spring Break working on programs for you guys. I should take a break since I go back to school tomorrow :(
    When i download it doent finish as a zip, It finishes as a rar, is my laptop nuts? lol

No lol. I uploaded it as a rar file. go here to download Winrar and extract it.

http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm