[Q] P605 LTE What service

Search This thread

alynch75

May 29, 2006
I know that the P605 will not work with LTE. However I can confirm that my straight talk Sim card works and I am getting HSPA+ (ATT Straight Talk Card) Here is my situation. I purchased a sim car from AT&T and activated it on the Gophone plan.. $35 per month for 500 minutes and unlimited text and data. For some reason no matter what APN I put in I don't get any data. I got data the first night I set it up and now I get no data. I have a International Version of the Galaxy S4 running with a GoPhone dumb phone $50 per month unlimited everything. (AT&T system does not recognize the IMEI so it reverts it to a dumb phone). Why isn't it working for my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I figure $35 bucks isn't a bad deal. Please assist or am I dead in the water.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
I know that the P605 will not work with LTE. However I can confirm that my straight talk Sim card works and I am getting HSPA+ (ATT Straight Talk Card) Here is my situation. I purchased a sim car from AT&T and activated it on the Gophone plan.. $35 per month for 500 minutes and unlimited text and data. For some reason no matter what APN I put in I don't get any data. I got data the first night I set it up and now I get no data. I have a International Version of the Galaxy S4 running with a GoPhone dumb phone $50 per month unlimited everything. (AT&T system does not recognize the IMEI so it reverts it to a dumb phone). Why isn't it working for my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I figure $35 bucks isn't a bad deal. Please assist or am I dead in the water.

I also have a P605, and I've been trying to get connected via Red Pocket Mobile, an AT&T MVNO, but I haven't had much luck. However, my issues are with Red Pocket's terrible customer service, and trying to get their smallest data plan (1GB for $10) connected to the sim card (that it took them 2 weeks to send).

I've read about a T-Mobile $30/month plan for BYOD devices that I will test out, once I get the sim card from them (currently backordered)...My device had a USA T-Mobile profile already present in the APN settings, I'm hoping it will work!

alynch75

May 29, 2006
TMOBILE

I also have a P605, and I've been trying to get connected via Red Pocket Mobile, an AT&T MVNO, but I haven't had much luck. However, my issues are with Red Pocket's terrible customer service, and trying to get their smallest data plan (1GB for $10) connected to the sim card (that it took them 2 weeks to send).

I've read about a T-Mobile $30/month plan for BYOD devices that I will test out, once I get the sim card from them (currently backordered)...My device had a USA T-Mobile profile already present in the APN settings, I'm hoping it will work!

I had that Tmobile plan however my area is not fully framed for the 1900MHZ on tmobile. AT&T works but like I said must be something funky going one. At this point I may send my device back for a refund or sell it. I may just wait for a US carrier to get it. Yeah I know I won't get updates or support from US carriers.........wait damn that........ I will get my money back for this one and just go back to using my wifi version. (gave to my wife but will have to get it back) US carriers really suck when it comes to certain things.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
I had that Tmobile plan however my area is not fully framed for the 1900MHZ on tmobile. AT&T works but like I said must be something funky going one. At this point I may send my device back for a refund or sell it. I may just wait for a US carrier to get it. Yeah I know I won't get updates or support from US carriers.........wait damn that........ I will get my money back for this one and just go back to using my wifi version. (gave to my wife but will have to get it back) US carriers really suck when it comes to certain things.

Good luck getting your WiFi back from your wife :D

San Diego should be farmed to 1900 so I'm hoping for decent coverage around town. I faced the same dilemma here, wait or go for it... My old tablet was an Acer A500 so I really needed something (and some people complain about lag on the Note? Ha!).

If you want, I could send you the APN setting Red Pocket lists on their manual setup page, if you think that would help...

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Bummer

Good luck getting your WiFi back from your wife :D

San Diego should be farmed to 1900 so I'm hoping for decent coverage around town. I faced the same dilemma here, wait or go for it... My old tablet was an Acer A500 so I really needed something (and some people complain about lag on the Note? Ha!).

If you want, I could send you the APN setting Red Pocket lists on their manual setup page, if you think that would help...

Alas you are correct. Wife won't give up that darn thing. Has passwords on it and all her personal stuff. ARGGGGGG!!!!! NOw what do I do.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
Alas you are correct. Wife won't give up that darn thing. Has passwords on it and all her personal stuff. ARGGGGGG!!!!! NOw what do I do.

Sorry... can't help with that ;)

I noticed someone in another thread mentioned they had AT&T working. I can't post links, but in the Original Android Development section, "[RECOVERY] TWRP2.6.3.x TeamWin Recovery Project 12/27" at the top of page 11 there is a message about using AT&T and getting HSPA+ data.

Trying to post a link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515656&page=11

Good luck!

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
I'm expecting my P605 this Friday. I got it from Ebay. I have a TMO on my Note 3, so technically, should my sim card work on my P605 when I try it?
Will the APN seetings on the phone for TMO work on the P605? Thanks guys.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
I'm expecting my P605 this Friday. I got it from Ebay. I have a TMO on my Note 3, so technically, should my sim card work on my P605 when I try it?

There shouldn't be any problems using the sim and APN settings. The data rate you will see will depend on your area. If TMO has 'reformed' the edge frequencies to HSPA then you will get decent data. Otherwise you may get stuck with edge...

Reactions: jinda628

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
There shouldn't be any problems using the sim and APN settings. The data rate you will see will depend on your area. If TMO has 'reformed' the edge frequencies to HSPA then you will get decent data. Otherwise you may get stuck with edge...

So if I get 30/18 speed in my house and 20/3 more or less at work. *Should I expect to get the same speed when I put my sim in the tablet?

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
So if I get 30/18 speed in my house and 20/3 more or less at work. *Should I expect to get the same speed when I put my sim in the tablet?

If your Note 3 isn't using LTE when it gets those speeds, then 'maybe'. Because the P605 doesn't have a perfect match for US freqs it still may not. I'm not sure where you are located, but if it's in a refarmed area you should (P605 supports HSPA on 1900). Here is the link (hope it goes) for the refarmed areas:

http://support.t-mobile.com/community/coverage/blog/2013/12/17/network-modernization-update

Sorry, I'm just learning all this too, and I can't really give you a definitive answer!

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
If your Note 3 isn't using LTE when it gets those speeds, then 'maybe'. Because the P605 doesn't have a perfect match for US freqs it still may not. I'm not sure where you are located, but if it's in a refarmed area you should (P605 supports HSPA on 1900). Here is the link (hope it goes) for the refarmed areas:

http://support.t-mobile.com/community/coverage/blog/2013/12/17/network-modernization-update

Sorry, I'm just learning all this too, and I can't really give you a definitive answer!

Hey bro you've been a big help. Thanks. I bought the tablet without knowing this issue. Anyway, I get a 4G LTE signal on my Note 3 so I guess that's LTE speed. I'm in Houston, TX and it says in the link you posted that we are one of the modernized market so we'll see.

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Has anyone gotten the P605 to work on AT&T

Has anyone gotten this thing to work on the AT&T go Plans?

I need a carrier with a good rate that uses the AT&T network. Previously I would put my international devices on the go phone plan since it sees it in the system as a dumb phone however with this one it won't connect to the data. Gives me a message that I need to add a supported data plan.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.

Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.

Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?

All WiFi versions are Exynos...