[Q] V6 Supercharger Script

Search This thread

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
Hi,
I saw this script the other day and was wondering if it was able to be installed onto the Legend. I tried to run it in Terminal Emulator but the only thing it said was "Note: Busybox v1.16.2 or Higher is Recommended!" leading me to believe it doesn't work on the Legend. Has anyone else been able to use this script?
Thanks

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
What rom you trying to install it to? The busy box just needs an update, go to market and get busy box update app and use it to update, then try it again, I have used it successfully on the legendary legend fuse rom. Too lazy to try it on the ics I'm using :p

P.s. I think you need s-off or unlocked bootloader 1.02 to use it.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I'm running ExtremeLegendFuse. I've tried 2 BusyBox updater apps from the Play Store and they just dont load or sit at one step. I have 1.02 unlocked bootloader as well. I'm really stumped by this problem. Is the V6 Script worth it?

Sent from my Legend using XDA

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I'm running ExtremeLegendFuse. I've tried 2 BusyBox updater apps from the Play Store and they just dont load or sit at one step. I have 1.02 unlocked bootloader as well. I'm really stumped by this problem. Is the V6 Script worth it?

OK :confused:
I believe that busy box can be installed in different locations, not sure what circumstances this is, either in /system/bin or /system/xbin, well that's the options given by the version of busy box installer I've got, the one by Stephen sericson
Try both locations and see which works for you.

The other question "is it worth it" well I can't personally say I noticed any real speed increase or any other benefits, however, others may do themselves.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Last edited:

daus30

Oct 13, 2008
I've used the script back then with extreme legend fuse rom. Try download Busybox installer from the market and choose busybox version 1.82.xx.
Bout is it worth it questions i thinks its worth it. Less lag and buttery smooth for me ;)

dahwe

Jan 4, 2009
The Hague area
Yes, it's worth it. I used it on the Gingerbread Sense ROM. No more Sense redraws and better multitasking. Though after a few days, things tended to get sluggish, so I would let it reboot and everything feels snappy again. The engine flush option didn't do much here.

Busybox
I used Stericsons' Busybox from the market, works perfectly. 1.19.something. (Or use the attached busybox in the script's topic)

S-off / Unlocked
Ranger4740 is right about the need to have write access to the system partition: you need either s-off or an unlocked 1.02 bootloader.

Scrolling speed in script
Personally I hate Script Manager, Terminal Emulator works just fine. Make sure you set the scrolling speed to fast. There is plenty of time to see what's going on, so no need to set it to slow or medium unless you have a serious form of dyslexia ;)

V6 Supercharger on ICS
The script is not usable on ICS in a way it was on GB. "ICS doesn't read ADJ values from build.prop or local.prop - they are hardcoded into services.jar"
This services.jar can be modded, but your ROM has to be deodexed. 99,9% of Legend users on ICS use Zeubea's ROM, which is odexed. Instructions to mod the services.jar in odexed ROMs can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16635544&postcount=2

Last edited:
Reactions: ranger4740

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I have a problem. When I open BusyBox Free by Stericson, after it does initial checks, it comes up with a message that says:
I am unable to verify whether or not certain utilities needed for this application to run are present and functional on your device. You can try to install Busybox regardless, but it may fail. This problem could be caused by a device that is not properly rooted or by superuser settings that are misconfigured

(Note: I do have unlocked hboot 1.02)

Also, when I try to open Script Manager, it just gives me a black screen. I think I might just reflash the ROM as my Wifi isn't working either :/

EDIT: I reflashed Fuse and everythings working, Wifi and the V6 script.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it's worth it. I used it on the Gingerbread Sense ROM. No more Sense redraws and better multitasking. Though after a few days, things tended to get sluggish, so I would let it reboot and everything feels snappy again. The engine flush option didn't do much here.

Busybox
    I used Stericsons' Busybox from the market, works perfectly. 1.19.something. (Or use the attached busybox in the script's topic)

S-off / Unlocked
    Ranger4740 is right about the need to have write access to the system partition: you need either s-off or an unlocked 1.02 bootloader.

Scrolling speed in script
    Personally I hate Script Manager, Terminal Emulator works just fine. Make sure you set the scrolling speed to fast. There is plenty of time to see what's going on, so no need to set it to slow or medium unless you have a serious form of dyslexia ;)

V6 Supercharger on ICS
    The script is not usable on ICS in a way it was on GB. "ICS doesn't read ADJ values from build.prop or local.prop - they are hardcoded into services.jar"
    This services.jar can be modded, but your ROM has to be deodexed. 99,9% of Legend users on ICS use Zeubea's ROM, which is odexed. Instructions to mod the services.jar in odexed ROMs can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16635544&postcount=2