Increase bandwidth higher than 65Mbits

Search This thread

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
As far as I am concerned the S4 has capabilities of WiFi speeds of up to 433Mbits.
I have a TP-Link AP and configured it as follows:
11n Only
Channel 11
20/40MHx
Max Tx Rate 300Mbits
Security WPA2 AES

However on my S4 I get only 65Mbits

On my ISPs modem/router (Arris) I have the same setup with Channel 6 and I get 75Mbits.

Even if I get very close to the device, the bandwidth won't change. I know I can't get the 300Mbits but I cannot understand why I can't get at least the same 75 that I get with the Arris device or even at least higher than the 75.

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
If I do a speedtest.net speed test at home via wifi I can get 117MBits over 5G wireless on my S4 so I'd say it was your set up mate. Let me know what you're using to test your network speeds and i'll do a comparison for you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
I'm not talking about data speed but local Wi-Fi only, not internet speed. I'm just using the Wi-Fi manager desktop widget which shows me the max speed for each network as soon as it connects.I know that this is approximate but since it always shows 75 on one and 65 on the other, it certainly means something

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I'm not talking about data speed but local Wi-Fi only, not internet speed. I'm just using the Wi-Fi manager desktop widget which shows me the max speed for each network as soon as it connects.I know that this is approximate but since it always shows 75 on one and 65 on the other, it certainly means something

The highest link speed I get from my i9505 with N Type router is 72 Mbps.

We're talking about 2.4Ghz N300 here even when they are only 1 cm apart.
I've only ever got these speeds on every Rom and modem I've used, stock or rooted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: andreasy

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol

Data is data wherever is coming from. We're measuring the speed over the wifi here.

65-70 MBits is more than acceptable over 2.4Ghz. If you want faster change your router for a 5Ghz model.

Reactions: andreasy

BigBugHmb

Jul 22, 2011
Hamburg
Data is data wherever is coming from. We're measuring the speed over the wifi here.

65-70 MBits is more than acceptable over 2.4Ghz. If you want faster change your router for a 5Ghz model.

Or buy another Smartphone with dualchannel connect… (My second Phone is "Huawei G700" and that connect my 2,4GHz Router with 135 Mbit/s! My S4 connect the same Router with 72Mbit/s only!)

--
best regards / MfG
René / BigBug(Hmb)
(mobile talk with Tapatalk 4)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The highest link speed I get from my i9505 with N Type router is 72 Mbps.

We're talking about 2.4Ghz N300 here even when they are only 1 cm apart.
    I've only ever got these speeds on every Rom and modem I've used, stock or rooted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app