Speaker has weird smudge around it.

Search This thread

Cjohns8792

Apr 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
So after I got my s5 from att I immediately realized a weird smudge on the left and right side of my front ear speaker. If I clean it with a cloth it disappears and reappears after some light use. Now I am assuming this may be some way the phone protects the speaker from water. However I don't know if other s5 have this as well. It can only be seen on angles while in a good lit room. Looks like finger smudges but doesn't change shape or form only disappears and reappears from wiping it away. Anyone else noticing this or know what it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
So after I got my s5 from att I immediately realized a weird smudge on the left and right side of my front ear speaker. If I clean it with a cloth it disappears and reappears after some light use. Now I am assuming this may be some way the phone protects the speaker from water. However I don't know if other s5 have this as well. It can only be seen on angles while in a good lit room. Looks like finger smudges but doesn't change shape or form only disappears and reappears from wiping it away. Anyone else noticing this or know what it is?

Nothing like that on mine.

That's weird.... I would go back to AT&T and have them replace it, if it bothers you.

Ironmagz

Jun 18, 2014
I had never noticed, but just looking up at it now I saw them and wiped them away. I guess I'll see if they come back.

Sent with my Galaxy S5

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
Not really a bother to me. You definitely notice it more if you dab a drop of water near it. Other than that it's too high up to notice much.

Yeah, you were probably right, something to do with the water protection. Oh well, if it doesn't bother you, then good. :)

Cjohns8792

Apr 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
You guys can try this also. Huff onto the phone. Like breathe hot air onto it to make it foggy near speaker you will notice it for sure if your phone has this weird area too

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
My original release day S5 had exactly what you are describing. I returned it since it bothered me and this one hasn't had the issue.

I would get a replacement if it bothers you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
You guys can try this also. Huff onto the phone. Like breathe hot air onto it to make it foggy near speaker you will notice it for sure if your phone has this weird area too

Just tried that, nothing showed up.

If it makes a difference, I have a White S5.

Cjohns8792

Apr 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
I'm pretty sure ATT won't do anything for something that doesn't affect the device use. It has been more than 30 days. And there are minor scuffs on the stupid chrome bezel

Top Liked Posts