[Q] Lg G3 GIF issue

Search This thread

lginsac

Mar 27, 2009
Hi i dont know if anyone else has this issue i had a friend sent me a gif file that he made on his iphone :rolleyes: and sent it to me i couldnt open it, it just opens as a regular picture my wife has an samsung note 2 she has no issues with stock messaging app.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

TCPDump

May 26, 2014
Central US
Hi i dont know if anyone else has this issue i had a friend sent me a gif file that he made on his iphone :rolleyes: and sent it to me i couldnt open it, it just opens as a regular picture my wife has an samsung note 2 she has no issues with stock messaging app.
Thanks for the help

Ill check it out, one min.

Edit: I just tested an ani gif on my G3 with no issues; however, I made the .gif in Photoshop, not an i-device.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

lginsac

Mar 27, 2009
I'll try with the app next time he sent it to me. I tought maybe there's a way to open it with out third party app.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

justbenny2k

I have the same exact problem. It's irritating because gifs used to work with the stock messaging app and Hangouts but one day they just spontaneously quit. Now whenever anyone sends me a gif it just comes through as a still like a jpg. I found that Textra will work if you want to use a different texting app and you don't need a different 3rd party app to display them. But, that still doesn't explain the problem. It's really only a band aid solution. I hope this helps and if anyone reading this thread has a solution, id love to hear it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the help

Ill check it out, one min.

Edit: I just tested an ani gif on my G3 with no issues; however, I made the .gif in Photoshop, not an i-device.
    try to open it in the app called QuickPic, its very stable and fast
    try to open it in the app called QuickPic, its very stable and fast

This! This is the first app I install whenever I get a new device. QuickPic is rock solid. Good recommendation Motrin.
    I'll try with the app next time he sent it to me. I tought maybe there's a way to open it with out third party app.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
    I have the same exact problem. It's irritating because gifs used to work with the stock messaging app and Hangouts but one day they just spontaneously quit. Now whenever anyone sends me a gif it just comes through as a still like a jpg. I found that Textra will work if you want to use a different texting app and you don't need a different 3rd party app to display them. But, that still doesn't explain the problem. It's really only a band aid solution. I hope this helps and if anyone reading this thread has a solution, id love to hear it.