[APP][MOD][Updated 2/12] Classic HTC Dial Pad - for Light & Dark themed Sense ROMs

Search This thread

Rukmini

Nov 24, 2014
Thanks, it works! But contacts in dark mod are less visible

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Is there any possibility that this mod can be made into a xposed module?
If I do decide to update it again it will be for lollipop. When last I checked, xposed is not compatible with lolli. Due to that, I have no interest in making a module. What anybody else does is up to them.

Last edited:

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Classic dialer updated for Android lollipop ROMs

Light Version only currently! Also for now only the English translation has been updated (since that is the only language I speak it was the priority). For the time being other languages will still display as "Large dial pad" (in the respective language of course) in the selection menu.

See OP for download

Last edited:

aka120

Sep 18, 2013

Light Version only currently! Also for now only the English translation has been updated (since that is the only language I speak it was the priority). For the time being other languages will still display as "Large dial pad" (in the respective language of course) in the selection menu.

See OP for download
Thanks so much for this great mod. It is by far way more convenient to have all the recent calls to choose from rather than only the last call.

I do have one request. Would it be possible to add the categories to the list to separate where recent calls end and the contact list begins? I included a screenshot of what I am referring to.
iLUCHtv.jpg

It is only a minor detail, and in no way affects the functionality of the mod so if it is not possible no worries.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][MOD][Updated 2/12] Classic HTC Dial Pad - for Light & Dark themed Sense ROMs

Classic Dial Pad
    for Light and Dark/Inverted Sense 6 ROMs

This app mod is a layout redesign of the Large Dial Pad included in the Sense 6 dialer. The larger dialer is kind of hideous IMO and with a screen as big as ours, really not necessary, however, it DOES have its benefits. Namely the scrollable recent dialed/contact list. So, with this in mind, I have redesigned the layout for the large dialer to match the standard dialer but still allow for the scrollable contact list.

What's the point:
    The standard sense 6 dial pad provides only one call back option in the "recently called" field above the dialer. This, of course, is the last dialed number.

In earlier versions of sense (eg sense 4) the contact field allowed for a selection from a list of multiple contacts as well as recently dialed numbers, as opposed to being limited to simply the last dialed number.

So what have you done:
    I have redone the layout for the large dialer so that it now matches the standard dialer, while leaving the scrollable contact list in the recently dialed field. This list combines not only recently dialed numbers but your full contact list into one dynamic scrollable list directly in the dialer.

Will I lose anything:
    Yes, you will no longer have the "Large dial pad" as an option as that layout has been completely replaced within the apk.

How can I use this:
    Copy the apk to /system/priv-app/HtcContactsDialer/ and make sure permissions are set correctly, reboot and enjoy.

So how do I apply the Classic dialer:
    I have replaced the large dial pad option entirely within the apk.

To apply the classic dialer simply open the settings menu within the app and select "Classic dial pad." To switch back, simply open the settings menu again and select a "Standard dial pad."

What does it look like:

- Standard Dial Pad:
    e2u9a5ep.jpg

ene2y6e3.jpg

- Classic Dial Pad:
    ama3y6en.jpg

a5ytagys.jpg

gu5e9yma.jpg

Where can I get it:

HERE
    *Updated 2/12 - Support for Android 5.0.1 ROMs

Where can I get a version for inverted themes:

COMING SOON

Where can I download older versions of this mod:

4.4.3 Compatibility LIGHT - HERE

4.4.3 Compatibility DARK - HERE

4.4.2 Compatibility LIGHT - HERE

4.4.2 Compatibility DARK - HERE

Thanks to:

@Basil3 for dark dialer
    @Sneakyghost for testing and German translation
    @rustykwak for testing

**NOTE**
    All language translations show "Classic dial pad" for the layout option. If anyone wants to help with other translations that's more than welcome. I only speak English.
    thanks for the mod...can you fix white bar (it appears when i dial for ex: 121 212)...

Don't know what you're talking about. screenshot?

@grgsiocl: Owe you an apology partner. It was my misunderstanding, see, I did not get what you were trying to show me, but I finally stumbled upon it today and fixed it! ?

@ everyone:

Changelog:
    *8/24
    -fixed gap above dial pad when entering new number from classic dial pad.

hepu9udu.jpg

Downloads in OP. Get it now!

See OP for download
    Version for inverted/dark themes now available in OP.
    **Changelog**

• 8/18 Updated dialers for Android 4.4.3

Download in OP now.