[APP] Unlimited Soundboards [1.14]

Search This thread

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
promo.png

Will not be updated anymore.
Boarder is successor of Unlimited Soundboards.

Description

Now it's easy to create the most beautiful soundboard you have ever seen!

- Create soundboards
- Share soundboards
- Set sound as notification/ringtone/alert
- Launcher shortcut to soundboard
- Fast notification enabling and disabling
- Dropbox support
- Settings for each sound:
  • Name, name size and name paints
  • Image and active image
  • Sound volumes and second click actions
  • And more..
- Soundboard options:
  • Sound settings
  • Background file and/or color
  • Screen orientation
  • Auto-arrange options

Please read "Help" on soundboard menu.

If you have suggestions, feedback or anything to say then please leave post, I will listen.

Documentation

Unlimited Soundboards tutorial - Making your first graphical board
Help
About
Old downloads

Market

Screenshots

screen_demo_board.jpeg
screen_launcher.jpeg

Changelog

1.14 - 10.7.2011
  • Fixed board context menu in the soundboard menu
  • Minor fixes

1.13 - 7.7.2011
  • Fixed Set as notification/ringtone/alert
  • Fixed duplicate layout on soundboard menu
  • Won't crash because of menu db updating failure
  • Added keyboard input types
  • Added trackball support for finetuning

1.12 - 7.7.2011
  • 1.13 with an issue in the release package

1.11 - 4.7.2011
  • Duplicate soundboard option
  • Featured sound can pause other sounds
  • Filemanager will only try to access sdcard
  • Option to show a different image when sound is active
  • Fixed a saving bug when using resources from another board
  • Different actions when clicking a sound while playing
  • Fast notification enabling and disabling
  • Fast soundboard menu loading
  • Option to fade in and out on pause/resume
Notes: Create new shortcuts after updating

1.10 - 26.4.2011
  • Auto-align option for graphical board
  • New sounds will be placed on free space

1.07 - 1.4.2011
  • Fixed crash when turning off screen on graphical board
  • Fixed crash when adding non-image file as image
  • File browser shows full filename now
There are huge increase on apk size because of librarys needed for Dropbox.
I used ProGuard on 1.06, but never got it working the way I wanted it to work.

1.06 - 30.12.2010
  • Dropbox support
  • Board directory shortcut on file explorer
  • Bugfixes

1.05 - 27.11.2010
  • List board displayed only first row of sound name
  • List board corrupted when using line break on sound name

1.04 - 27.10.2010
  • Graphical sound font size changing

1.03 - 23.10.2010
  • Better CPU usage
  • Improved stability
  • Bad boardfile bugfix

1.02 - 19.10.2010
  • Resize images on scale
  • Copy colors
  • Changing background resets background position
  • Larger font on list board
  • Sorted file explorer
  • All images noticed on convert
  • Orientation selection
  • 'Linebreak/space on name' bugfix
  • Improved stability
  • Reset position
  • Minor things

1.01 - 15.10.2010
  • Larger text on file explorer.
  • Set as ringtone/notification/alert on graphical. (Doesn't work on froyo yet.)

1.00 - 27.9.2010
  • Graphial soundboard
  • Something else probably too

• Sound volume settings works properly
  • Board settings
  • Delete file option while removing sound
  • Minor fixes

0.02a - 26.8.2010
  • Image for soundboard
  • Launcher shortcut for soundboard
  • Fix - sounds weren't playing after playing sounds too many times
  • Better icon

0.01a - 19.8.2010
  • First release

Attachments

• UnlimitedSoundboards_1.10.apk
    284 KB · Views: 391
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_source_1.10.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 55
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_1.11.apk
    294.7 KB · Views: 292
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_source_1.11.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_1.13.apk
    294.5 KB · Views: 289
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_source_1.13.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_1.14.apk
    294.6 KB · Views: 558
  • UnlimitedSoundboards_source_1.14.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Luggruff

Jan 14, 2010
Description
Screenshots @0.2a

img651.imageshack.us/img651/9453/launchers.png
Application link and shorcuts at launcher

img826.imageshack.us/img826/3896/soundboardsmenu.png
Soundboard menu view

img225.imageshack.us/img225/2659/soundboard.png
Soundboard view

Sorry but can't post them properly :D*

*You can upload them to the post directly from your computer, you don't need to upload them on an external host-site.

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Is this the same app as Custom Soundboard? Otheriwise I cannot find 'unlimited soundboards' anywhere..

thx!

EDIT: Now you can find Unlimited Soundboars on market.

*You can upload them to the post directly from your computer, you don't need to upload them on an external host-site.

Thanks, attachments wasn't working for me probably because I had some problems with javascript on my browser.

Now it's better :)

Last edited:

kenc3dan

Jul 4, 2008
Thanks for this great app!
The ability to play multiple simultaneous sounds is a must have feature.

On my unmodified HTC Incredible running 2.2 the text is larger than the horizontal bar it is supposed to fit in, so the bottom of the text gets cut off. Or maybe the horizontal area is too small vertically.

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Thanks for this great app!
The ability to play multiple simultaneous sounds is a must have feature.

On my unmodified HTC Incredible running 2.2 the text is larger than the horizontal bar it is supposed to fit in, so the bottom of the text gets cut off. Or maybe the horizontal area is too small vertically.

Row had accidentally fixed height. Also noticed that board got unreadable when using line break.

Thanks

ChromWolf

Mar 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Doing some relatively bad thread necroing here, but I don't know that I want to create a whole new thread just for a suggestion or two...

A couple bugs (at least on my Samsung Galaxy S running stock Eclair):

• When the screen shuts off from idling and you have a graphical soundboard open, the app crashes. This also happens if you lock the screen by way of the power button. This happened with the graphical Soundboard I was working with, as well as with a brand new, freshly created graphical soundboard (no sounds added, completely default settings). This does not seem to happen with a List-style Soundboard, or when you're up one level looking at the list of soundboards you've created.
  • When selecting files for either new sounds or for the graphics of those sounds, the font is too large for the row height and gets cut off at the bottom of any text. It's not unreadable, but the individual rows are hard to select. In actuality, the font size is probably okay, and the row height just needs to be increased.

Some suggestions:

• In a Graphical soundboard, have an auto-align function like the main app window; something where you can set up how many rows and columns you want, and then arrange the sounds by that layout, in a grid-style layout.
  • Options for both Auto-arrange and manual arrange of the above function.
  • Create new graphical soundboard objects in a fresh space away from other items, so you're not creating new ones on top of each other. Possibly requires auto-arrange to be turned on.
  • Allow a default setting for the Name, Image, and Sound settings for a particular Soundboard so you don't have to set each one every time you make a new soundboard item.

I just want to say how AWESOME this app is. It lets me create EXACTLY the kind of soundboard I want, with a background pic, images for each sound, individual volume settings, you can play sounds overlapping or choose not to... It's GREAT! ...I just wish it was a bit easier to create multiple soundboard objects, and didn't crash from graphical soundboards. XD

Hope this is helpful!

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
It's not necroing. This thread is alive as long as I am developing this app. I'm developing this app until I state that I am not developing this app (on this thread).
Also please don't expect me to update this app if there are no suggestions or bug reports.

All posts to this thread are most welcome.

Allow a default setting for the Name, Image, and Sound settings for a particular Soundboard so you don't have to set each one every time you make a new soundboard item.

This is exactly why there are "Duplicate sound" feature on sound options. If you are sure that this feature doesn't fit your purposes please inform me and I will consider making "default sound" feature.
Notice that duplicating sound makes it exact duplicate, so you may not notice that there are two sounds one on top of the other.

I have both bugs fixed by now. I will get back to your other suggestions when I have more time. I will be updating my application asap.

Reactions: ChromWolf

ChromWolf

Mar 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids, IA
Mikuz.;7749079[B said:
Changelog[/B]

1.07 - 1.4.2011

EEEEEEE!!!! So excited, and it looks GREAT, and doesn't crash! Thank you thank you thank you!!! *finds "Thank" button*

This is exactly why there are "Duplicate sound" feature on sound options. If you are sure that this feature doesn't fit your purposes please inform me and I will consider making "default sound" feature.
Notice that duplicating sound makes it exact duplicate, so you may not notice that there are two sounds one on top of the other.

I have both bugs fixed by now. I will get back to your other suggestions when I have more time. I will be updating my application asap.

I think that particular one was just a "User Education" issue. XD I haven't tried seriously playing around with it yet since I'm at work (and already spent enough time the other day messing with it while at work, LOL), but even so.

For me anyway, my suggestions were just things I felt would make the experience even better, but since it's already GREAT, they're just kinda "meh, whenever you get to them." Very happy to see 1.07 so quickly though to fix the issues, I'm just beaming now, this app is entirely too awesome. :D

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
For me anyway, my suggestions were just things I felt would make the experience even better, but since it's already GREAT, they're just kinda "meh, whenever you get to them." Very happy to see 1.07 so quickly though to fix the issues, I'm just beaming now, this app is entirely too awesome. :D

Well I appreciate your suggestions (and bug reports too) since I have ran out of ideas what I should add. Sure I could figure something out if I really tried but I'm not sure if that would make this app better or worse.
That said - thanks ;)

shatdat7

Apr 1, 2011
need help posting soundboard on market

Hello I used Mikuz unlimited soundboard app creator to make a custom soundboard, i got everything created and sounds assigned and icons, and the project name is in green, and now I am not sure how to post it up for people to share and try out for free any help would be appreciated.

can this be uploaded to the market? or how does that step work?

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Hello I used Mikuz unlimited soundboard app creator to make a custom soundboard, i got everything created and sounds assigned and icons, and the project name is in green, and now I am not sure how to post it up for people to share and try out for free any help would be appreciated.

can this be uploaded to the market? or how does that step work?

Make sure to read "Sharing board" topics on help.

It can not be uploaded to the market.

To share your board on internet I would suggest you to make it zip file on computer or on your Android device.
(Make sure to zip folder named as your board, not content of it, to make this simpler for receivers.)

You can upload it to Dropbox (you can use Get Shareable Link feature), Multiupload or similar file sharing services.
You can also send it directly to friend using MSN etc.

If you are sure everything on it is 100% legal, you can post it here and ask me to include it on 1st post. (I will upload it to my server if I accept it.)

wagman67

Nov 15, 2010
:)
Mikuz,

This is a great app...really like it.

You asked for suggestions, so here are a few:

Include the ability to pause or stop a sound by touching the sound a second time, instead of having to hit settings, then pause.

Include the ability to create a "stop all sounds" button.

Include the ability to have different images for each state of the sound (stopped or idle, playing, paused)

Include ability to set additional sound preferences per soundboard (like a preference to pause/play on corresponding clicks, or stop sound on second click)

Anyway, thanks again for this cool app...I really, really, really like that I can use it to play entire songs, and not just tiny files.

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Welcome to xda-developers wagman67 as well as shatdat7 whose post count I forgot to check :p

Include the ability to have different images for each state of the sound (stopped or idle, playing, paused)

Include ability to set additional sound preferences per soundboard (like a preference to pause/play on corresponding clicks, or stop sound on second click)
Good suggestions, thanks.
I'm wondering if it would be better to select if you want to always play, pause or stop sound on second click per sound rather than per board.

I think you mean like a normal sound but it would stop/pause all playing sounds. Good idea.

Reactions: voom

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Hi there, I was looking for an App like this a long time and now finally found yours meeting most of my need, so thanks a lot! :)

I played with it a little yesterday and came up with some ideas I would like to mention here in case it could be easily implemented.

First I was wondering if the already existing Dropbox-Implementation could be used for importing sound and images as well. Now I would put sounds into Dropbox, open Dropbox on Android, chose what I want dowloaded for the Soundboard, switch back to the Soundboard and then for each file click through to the Dropbox-Folder to add it... Using the internal Dropbox-connection this could be done much easier and faster... (Or am I missing something already there?)

Second about importing Images: I would like a button to automatically set the size to the original dimensions of the image instead of having to tap these in manually...

I was very happy to find, that I could switch to landscape, as I use a tablet that is not very nice to handle in portrait-mode... Really nice App :)

Ah, and are there any Soundboards shared by users yet?

Last edited:

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Sorry it took some time to answer but I'm quite busy and probably won't develop until january. (Though you never know if I get excited enought about it.)

If you want to copy a file to a board using the current Dropbox implementation in the UnlimitedSb then you should: upload a board to the Dropbox, copy a file to the board's Dropbox folder and then download the board from the Dropbox.

The current implementation is ment to have a copy of a board in the Dropbox. Copying a file is possible but not handy.

Browsing the files in the Dropbox to copy a file to a board folder is an interesting idea. I don't use the official Dropbox app much but I think that it should be able to handle the same thing decently.

I will see what I can do when I have the time. I should also see if I can improve the Dropbox support at some point. I wasn't able to do everything I wanted since I was using an early version of the Dropbox client.

Nope, haven't heard of any publicly shared boards yet.

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
Good news soundboard enthusiastics, there's a huge udate coming!

I will rebrand this app since Android 4 will be required and the update will really impove this app and make it more useful.

It will take some time until it can be released. I feel like I should release it already since it's so much better than the current version but I really need to make the experience complete for a good new start.

You will notice when the new version is out if you take a look at the 1. post. Now let's all make sure we got some sandwitch prepared on our desks.

PS. If you figure out a good name for a soundboard app you can PM or email me. Just make sure it's something rather under 10 than 20 :rolleyes:

Mikuz.

Aug 19, 2010
www.mikuz.org
First I was wondering if the already existing Dropbox-Implementation could be used for importing sound and images as well. Now I would put sounds into Dropbox, open Dropbox on Android, chose what I want dowloaded for the Soundboard, switch back to the Soundboard and then for each file click through to the Dropbox-Folder to add it... Using the internal Dropbox-connection this could be done much easier and faster... (Or am I missing something already there?)

This is made easier in Boarder. You can put a sound to Apps/Boarder/<board name> directory in Dropbox and then download it using Dropbox implementation for Boarder.

In Unlimited Soundboards everything that doesn't exist in board directory in Dropbox would be removed in download operation. This is optional in Boarder and there will be dialog promoting the cleaning operation.

Second about importing Images: I would like a button to automatically set the size to the original dimensions of the image instead of having to tap these in manually...

Not sure If you refer to the last value of dimensions or bitmap size as the original dimensions.

However, I changed the values above text fields to represent the original size of the bitmap. I added a button after the fields for reverting the size to what it was when the dialog was opened.

This change will be included in following releases of Boarder.

I was very happy to find, that I could switch to landscape, as I use a tablet that is not very nice to handle in portrait-mode... Really nice App :)

I'm planning to make it possible to choose hybrid mode (portrait and landscape). Hybrid board would react to changing the orientation of your device in listening mode.

Landscape and portrait would, however, be completely separated and only share the same board folder and listening session. This means both must be maintained by their own. There could be feature for copying sounds from orientation to other, making maintaining a bit easier.

This will not be included in a while and can be expected in Boarder after release in Android Play.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    promo.png

Will not be updated anymore.
    Boarder is successor of Unlimited Soundboards.

Description

Now it's easy to create the most beautiful soundboard you have ever seen!

- Create soundboards
    - Share soundboards
    - Set sound as notification/ringtone/alert
    - Launcher shortcut to soundboard
    - Fast notification enabling and disabling
    - Dropbox support
    - Settings for each sound:
    • Name, name size and name paints
    • Image and active image
    • Sound volumes and second click actions
    • And more..
    - Soundboard options:
    • Sound settings
    • Background file and/or color
    • Screen orientation
    • Auto-arrange options

Please read "Help" on soundboard menu.

If you have suggestions, feedback or anything to say then please leave post, I will listen.

Documentation

Unlimited Soundboards tutorial - Making your first graphical board
    Help
    About
    Old downloads

Market

Screenshots

screen_demo_board.jpeg
    screen_launcher.jpeg

Changelog

1.14 - 10.7.2011
    • Fixed board context menu in the soundboard menu
    • Minor fixes

1.13 - 7.7.2011
    • Fixed Set as notification/ringtone/alert
    • Fixed duplicate layout on soundboard menu
    • Won't crash because of menu db updating failure
    • Added keyboard input types
    • Added trackball support for finetuning

1.12 - 7.7.2011
    • 1.13 with an issue in the release package

1.11 - 4.7.2011
    • Duplicate soundboard option
    • Featured sound can pause other sounds
    • Filemanager will only try to access sdcard
    • Option to show a different image when sound is active
    • Fixed a saving bug when using resources from another board
    • Different actions when clicking a sound while playing
    • Fast notification enabling and disabling
    • Fast soundboard menu loading
    • Option to fade in and out on pause/resume
    Notes: Create new shortcuts after updating

1.10 - 26.4.2011
    • Auto-align option for graphical board
    • New sounds will be placed on free space

1.07 - 1.4.2011

1.06 - 30.12.2010
    • Dropbox support
    • Board directory shortcut on file explorer
    • Bugfixes

1.05 - 27.11.2010
    • List board displayed only first row of sound name
    • List board corrupted when using line break on sound name

1.04 - 27.10.2010
    • Graphical sound font size changing

1.03 - 23.10.2010
    • Better CPU usage
    • Improved stability
    • Bad boardfile bugfix

1.02 - 19.10.2010
    • Resize images on scale
    • Copy colors
    • Changing background resets background position
    • Larger font on list board
    • Sorted file explorer
    • All images noticed on convert
    • Orientation selection
    • 'Linebreak/space on name' bugfix
    • Improved stability
    • Reset position
    • Minor things

1.01 - 15.10.2010
    • Larger text on file explorer.
    • Set as ringtone/notification/alert on graphical. (Doesn't work on froyo yet.)

1.00 - 27.9.2010
    • Graphial soundboard
    • Something else probably too

• Sound volume settings works properly
    • Board settings
    • Delete file option while removing sound
    • Minor fixes

0.02a - 26.8.2010
    • Image for soundboard
    • Launcher shortcut for soundboard
    • Fix - sounds weren't playing after playing sounds too many times
    • Better icon

0.01a - 19.8.2010
    • First release
    It's not necroing. This thread is alive as long as I am developing this app. I'm developing this app until I state that I am not developing this app (on this thread).
    Also please don't expect me to update this app if there are no suggestions or bug reports.

All posts to this thread are most welcome.

Allow a default setting for the Name, Image, and Sound settings for a particular Soundboard so you don't have to set each one every time you make a new soundboard item.

Welcome to xda-developers wagman67 as well as shatdat7 whose post count I forgot to check :p

Good suggestions, thanks.
    I'm wondering if it would be better to select if you want to always play, pause or stop sound on second click per sound rather than per board.

I think you mean like a normal sound but it would stop/pause all playing sounds. Good idea.