[TwinPic3D] Now live in the android market!

Search This thread

Shinzul

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2010
Virginia
Well, I tried to post this in the themes and apps section, but for some reason, it says that I can't get to that forum - access is denied. :eek:

Anyway - from #teamwin, I'm here to announce Twin Pic!

Ever been frustrated about not being able to share your 3D pics with your friends? Well, look no farther! Twin Pic does just that :). It is essentially MMS picturemail without using MMS at all!

This uses google's push notification API (just like Gmail uses), so it doesn't use battery.

You can send any picture format (3d pics included!), and the app is free! The receiving friend will get a push notification when they have received a pic, and clicking the notification will display the image using HTC's 3d-capable gallery.

To send a TwinPic to someone, just use the "Share" menu on a picture, and it will prompt you for a contact. Select the contact that you want to send it to (note that both people must have TwinPic installed in order to share), and poof, it's that easy!

If you want to reply or forward a TwinPic from the history menu, long press an item in the history list and select one of the choices :).

This is the beta version, so if you have any crashes, suggestions, etc, please post them here and we will gladly look into it :).

DOWNLOAD --> http://tinyw.in/1z4

Also! To facilitate 3D picture sharing, I'll keep a list of email addresses that people are willing to share so they can test sending/receiving 3d pics. I'll start:

EDIT: I moved the public list here.

Last edited:

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
Thanks Shinzul & TeamWin for this sweet little app. I had some chick offering to send me a 3D pic of her for a Google+ invite and it was devastating to find out that they couldn't be sent between phones. Anyway, maybe now I'll get my 3D pic of her!

Reactions: -shift-

Kyledlindgren

Jul 29, 2010
San Jose
Force close

Just a little bug :)

Get force close upon clicking "previous page"

Also no history is shown after sending a picture, (is it only for receiving?)

Thanks once again for a great app!

Shinzul

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2010
Virginia
Just a little bug :)

Get force close upon clicking "previous page"

Also no history is shown after sending a picture, (is it only for receiving?)

Thanks once again for a great app!

Yeah the history is for when you receive pics... when you send them, you already have the pic you sent, so I didn't think to add a "sent to" history item. Although I suppose I could do that.

Also I am starting a list of email addresses for people who want to share pics. Figured we might as well keep a list in case you don't know anyone else with an evo 3D... DO keep in mind though, that this works on any android phone, and with any image format, not just 3D...

sniperkill

Sep 27, 2010
Maryland
I get FC's when you open up the app, and say, it opens up on page 1. If you hit "previous" page, it will goto page 0, if you select "previous" page again, the app will FC.

Edit: nvm, I see you already know. Excellent work #TeamWin!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Scotty_Two

Dec 25, 2010
Denver, CO
scott-olsen.com
Is there an image viewer app other than the stock Gallery that can utilize the hardware to view 3D images? I have used QuickPic since I moved over to CM on my OG EVO but that doesn't recognize any 3D content. Maybe TeamWin could come up with something? Maybe make TwinPic a full fledged viewer? I'm not a huge fan of HTC's Gallery and we are going to need something once we are able to get AOSP on this thing...

blakeboys

Dec 17, 2008
Lake County, FL
sounds good, haven't tested yet but did notice when im at the "main screen" i guess. It says "1 of 0" and "2 of 0" for pages and when I cycle to previous page when at page "0 of 0" I get a FC. I know its beta. But just helping ya about by reporting the bugs as requested in OP.

bolkydog316@gmail.com

Zabalba

Jun 19, 2010
Miami
Thanks for providing an application that HTC should have installed out the box! I can't wait to see what TW and the other devs can do when HTC opens their dev support!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I tried to post this in the themes and apps section, but for some reason, it says that I can't get to that forum - access is denied. :eek:

Anyway - from #teamwin, I'm here to announce Twin Pic!

Ever been frustrated about not being able to share your 3D pics with your friends? Well, look no farther! Twin Pic does just that :). It is essentially MMS picturemail without using MMS at all!

This uses google's push notification API (just like Gmail uses), so it doesn't use battery.

You can send any picture format (3d pics included!), and the app is free! The receiving friend will get a push notification when they have received a pic, and clicking the notification will display the image using HTC's 3d-capable gallery.

To send a TwinPic to someone, just use the "Share" menu on a picture, and it will prompt you for a contact. Select the contact that you want to send it to (note that both people must have TwinPic installed in order to share), and poof, it's that easy!

If you want to reply or forward a TwinPic from the history menu, long press an item in the history list and select one of the choices :).

This is the beta version, so if you have any crashes, suggestions, etc, please post them here and we will gladly look into it :).

DOWNLOAD --> http://tinyw.in/1z4

Also! To facilitate 3D picture sharing, I'll keep a list of email addresses that people are willing to share so they can test sending/receiving 3d pics. I'll start:

EDIT: I moved the public list here.
    @Shinzul: I FC every time I try to add a contact for a picture... Sent in a crash report

Can you try this again using version 1.3.1 that I just posted?

Is there a way that we can choose a picture from our gallery through the application as well?? Would Make it easier sometimes

sent from the 3D Gods

Edit: nevermind - mis-read your question.

Yeah I can add that for the next version.
    A way to reply to a message would and inserting an email address without adding it to contacts first would be sweeeeeeeet.

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger GeeBees.

Oh well in that case, use the new RC1 app I just finished :).

http://tinyw.in/1ta

Let me know if you have any issues! Also, you can long press on the history items to reply or forward.
    Twin Pic v1.2.0 is live! Now you can post your pictures to the public gallery for people to all view. :)