CM9 Alpha 0 Charging and SystemUI Fix by Dalingrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
Keep seeing the error that process stopped for android.media

Flash installed fine for Me, and the system ui fix worked.

bstephens2u

Aug 20, 2009
i have reflashed the ics rom. factory reset/dalvic/cache/battery flashed the zip and still have the slow charge issue. any ideas?

cpittman

Jul 2, 2010
Denver
Flashed with acmeinstaller2 w/ gapps and charging seems same as cm7. Also noticed charging while using it is pointless. Its an alpha though. Its going to be a battery hog at first.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

treehumper

Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta
After installing this fix I just had my Touchpad and Touchstone become very warm after only a short period of time.

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
Hey guys, I installed cm9 on my touchpad but the battery died. Whenever i turn it on, it will show a red empty battery sign and the a wall plug logo. The the device will turn off. I've left it charging for 12 hours but nothing happens. The device continues to show the signs. I cant turn it on to get to cwm to flasht he files.

itsDefying

Dec 16, 2011
Hey guys, I installed cm9 on my touchpad but the battery died. Whenever i turn it on, it will show a red empty battery sign and the a wall plug logo. The the device will turn off. I've left it charging for 12 hours but nothing happens. The device continues to show the signs. I cant turn it on to get to cwm to flasht he files.

Can you boot the TP into recovery?

Sent from my HP Touchpad running CM9!

xiadz

Apr 10, 2010
Try launching the webos doctor on your computer and launch webos recovery
plug in to comp and let it doctor it self ...
during it should charge the battery to 30% level

hope it helps

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
Yeah webos doctor doesn't detect it and I have tried different chargers. Anyone else have an idea?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

xiadz

Apr 10, 2010
Yeah webos doctor doesn't detect it and I have tried different chargers. Anyone else have an idea?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

did you try to launch it in to webos recovery?
(power button + volume up)
when plugged in to charger? (as somebody mentioned before change Usb cable and test it on any micro usb phone does it charge...)

Please also try hard reset while pugged into the charger (after you test it )
so press and hold back central button and then press and hold power button...
(You will need to hold it for at least a minute, to be sure..)while plugged into charger
I know it sounds like over kill but ICS messes something in webos power control layer and usual 10 seconds for hard reset changed for longer timing mine takes at least 30 second + to restart.

hope it helps

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida

Have you tried changing cables? It seems you've tried everything else, can you call HP tech support?

Lazieye

Oct 12, 2010
It may be the usb cable itself...the original cables provided with the Touchpads have been prone to just die on you and not charge. Just contacted HP for a replacement for my one which just croaked.
If you can get hands on a smartphone usb cable (I know Galaxy S cable works) give that a try.

danielanderin

Feb 2, 2008
kevina90 - I am having the same issues with mine... Installed cm9 yesterday, plugged it in before I went to bed last night (battery was around 30%) and when I woke up it was dead and would only show the white/red charging logo when plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depreciated - use Alpha 0.5 instead

The following is a fix posted by Dalingrin to address a slow charge issue and SystemUI force closes when disabling notifications affecting all Touchpads.

To install -

Place the fix zip in the root of your Touchpad's memory

Reboot your HP Touchpad

Select ClockWorkMod

Select install a zip from sdcard

select the zip and install

Reboot system.

Download Links (Fixed as of 1/18/12 3:55PM EST) -

http://goo-inside.me/roms/teamdouche/tenderloin/alpha/update-charger_systemui_fix-alpha0.zip

Credit goes to Flemmard for the SystemUI fix

Having trouble accessing your Touchpad's Memory? Either reboot into ClockWorkMod and select Mounts and Storage -> Mount USB Storage

Or, from within CM9, go to settings -> Storage, and use the button at the top right to access USB Modes. Check MTP mode and connect to your computer.

If this helped you, use the thanks! button
    I would remove all direct links if I were u...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I don't mind a direct link to the charger fix since its a one time thing. It should be noted that this fix will only be needed for this initial alpha release.
    I flashed this plugged in the charger to charge came back to unlock it, the screen won't unlock. Touch screen won't respond to a touch and when I hold home + power it ask me if I want to shut down :( Guess I have to wait until the device dies.

you can hold both the power button and the menu button together for 10 seconds to force-off the device.
    I have a co-worker that installed this on his TP and it looks nice. However, we couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a USB drive when plugged into his computer. Is this not working at the moment, or is he missing something?

This thread should die, it's outdated, but as a courtesy I'll help with this last question.

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right, select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box. From there your computer should detect it. If it doesn't, look around for the touchpad MTP drivers.