[Q] Boot loop without recovery and download mode

Search This thread

zewolf

Sep 5, 2010
Bordeaux
Hello everybody!

I've tried to find a solution, but without success.

Today I tried to install CWM on a french Galaxy S.

I've rooted the phone with z4root and after I started on download mod with adb.

Then with Odin3 I installed this file "Root-XX_OXA_JVK-v2.7-CWM3RFS.tar".

After that the phone rebooted automatically, unfortunately it's rebooting eachtime on the galaxy s logo.

The problem are that I can't boot on download mod or on CWM.
When the phone is off and I plug it on charger, it doesn't charge!

I think my phone is bricked.

Do you think you can help me or it's dead?
Is there a hard reboot procedure or something like that?

Thanks

Last edited:

iCloud

Feb 11, 2012
Are you sure you can't enter recovery? Volume up+home+power.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Italia99

Aug 12, 2010
Yes i'm 1000% sure!
I can acess the Download Mode, but Odin/Heimdall does not recognize the USB connection... :confused::(

testicles

Jul 8, 2012
Keep Trying

I know this is weird but keep hard resetting it. Try like 20 more times before you give up. Worked for me in the past I know it is weird. I had just flashed a new factory ROM.

zewolf

Sep 5, 2010
Bordeaux
It's fine

Hello,

I've bought an USB JIG for my SGS GT i9100 and I've been able to install ICS SLIM using Odin v3 1.7.

Very easy...

I advise this solution..

Thanks for your help.

coepeq

Feb 1, 2012
Khon Kaen
I swear i have tried to enter the Recovery 20-30 times!!

did u try vol down + home + power button to go to download mode? if it can do that, the problem is just find some driver to make odin recognize your phone. search for "usb driver for samsung galaxy s" in google

then you can bring back your phone to live by downloading any rom you want and flash it via odin :)

ps. but if you cannot go to download mode, JIG USB with 301 K ohm will help you :) look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdn5GoRjhn0

Tical84

Sep 28, 2010
Same problem here, I actually didn't see this in my search and made a new thread about it (feel free to delete). My computer had KIES on it so it had the drivers already and it's the same computer I went through the download mode before with so I have the drivers. I tried to reinstall them but still nothing.

I fear I may need to buy out my contract :crying:

coepeq

Feb 1, 2012
Khon Kaen
Same problem here, I actually didn't see this in my search and made a new thread about it (feel free to delete). My computer had KIES on it so it had the drivers already and it's the same computer I went through the download mode before with so I have the drivers. I tried to reinstall them but still nothing.

I fear I may need to buy out my contract :crying:

I am sure that I am right with this. "If you root, do not use KIES" so you have to uninstall KIES and download separate USB driver.

Then it should see your phone when connect with ODIN

Hope you got your phone back alive soon :)

Praveen_1221

Dec 24, 2011
Mumbai - Hyderabad
USB Connection

Yes i'm 1000% sure!
I can acess the Download Mode, but Odin/Heimdall does not recognize the USB connection... :confused::(

Did you checked usb drivers, if not try to connect another samsung android device to your pc first. if another phone connected properly then problem in your phone only.

i suggest check this thread, if you think you completely lost your device - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=819551

Tical84

Sep 28, 2010
I am sure that I am right with this. "If you root, do not use KIES" so you have to uninstall KIES and download separate USB driver.

Then it should see your phone when connect with ODIN

Hope you got your phone back alive soon :)

Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I reinstalled the drivers I had actually uninstalled KIES and installed just the drivers.

I do have an update though but still can't get it to boot completely. Late last night I decided to try to get download mode to work one last time before passing out and pressing Vol-, Home and Power actually brought me to the recovery screen for the first time in my phone's life! "F YA!" was the only thing I could think at the time so I first went through and formatted/wiped every option I could find then installed the CM9 that I knew worked and now I get to the alien with the matrix-esque background and it stops there. I plugged it in and left it on that screen all night and that guy was still staring at me this morning. I tried download mode again but my computer still doesn't recognize it.