[GSM] PROTOU ClockWorkMod 5 NON-TOUCH 24/10/12

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Hey guys, this is Clockworkmod 5 NON-touch, this is built entirely from source, using the source files i made for the ProtoU. i DO NOT have this device so bare with me.... REALLY sorry about the problems with CWM6 i wanted to bring the latest one to you guys

i'll keep it simple here's the instructions (you need the android sdk files for this)

option 1 use hasoon's toolkit http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32970912&postcount=2

OR
option 2

Download here
reboot into bootloader/hboot/fastboot (whatever you want to call it)

then run

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

done

Thanks to:
Jliax for staying awake for ages to test this for me :)
and the CWM Team

Last edited:

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Code:
 Changelog

24/10/12

2nd build have had to change it to non-touch for now let me know of any problems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

24/10/12

1st build

Last edited:

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Flashed it trough hasoon2000's toolkit, works, just a bit buggy in the looks, writing system works, backup works, flashing works. Will test a ROM as soon as the full sense is out.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Reactions: stunning

therbom

Dec 6, 2010
Amsterdam
Hi everyone,

I have decompiled the Lloir's recovery image and I have added the necessary files to support offmode charging. I seem to have broken my own device config when it comes to compiling recovery (I haven't tried compiling CM9), so I just put it in this thread.

Have fun!

PS: I'm not a dev, but I have some experience with compiling and understanding device configs, thanks to my time at the development section for my old Wildfire.

Last edited:

qureshi909

Apr 9, 2008
wah cantt
Hi everyone,

I have decompiled the Lloir's recovery image and I have added the necessary files to support offmode charging. I seem to have broken my own device config when it comes to compiling recovery (I haven't tried compiling CM9), so I just put it in this thread.

Have fun!

PS: I'm not a dev, but I have some experience with compiling and understanding device configs, thanks to my time at the development section for my old Wildfire.

installed it but not charging in recovery mode

therbom

Dec 6, 2010
Amsterdam
installed it but not charging in recovery mode

Offmode charging means charging when the phone has been shut down.

I'm sure you all know that recovery sometimes reboots while backing up. Because the necessary files for offmode charging are in recovery, and recovery needs to activate those binaries, your phone eventually reboots while charging offfmode.
That also applies to the recovery mode itself: when your phone stays long enough in recovery, it will reboot to normal/Android mode.

qureshi909

Apr 9, 2008
wah cantt
Offmode charging means charging when the phone has been shut down.

I'm sure you all know that recovery sometimes reboots while backing up. Because the necessary files for offmode charging are in recovery, and recovery needs to activate those binaries, your phone eventually reboots while charging offfmode.
That also applies to the recovery mode itself: when your phone stays long enough in recovery, it will reboot to normal/Android mode.

sorry my mistake.yup its working.thanx

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
new to this side of xda town. jus one question. is this cwm application to all desire x or just specific / safe to use on europe desire x only? planning to do root. but not much practitioner of cwm stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is Clockworkmod 5 NON-touch, this is built entirely from source, using the source files i made for the ProtoU. i DO NOT have this device so bare with me.... REALLY sorry about the problems with CWM6 i wanted to bring the latest one to you guys

i'll keep it simple here's the instructions (you need the android sdk files for this)

option 1 use hasoon's toolkit http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32970912&postcount=2

OR
    option 2

Download here
    reboot into bootloader/hboot/fastboot (whatever you want to call it)

then run

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

done

Thanks to:
    Jliax for staying awake for ages to test this for me :)
    and the CWM Team
    I was looking into fixing the reboot problems of CWM, and I noticed in the kernel logs that there was a reference of a modem crash (or how you'd call it). I searched on Google and I found out it could be because of a binary called rmt_storage. In CWM, the binary doesn't exist, but in stock HTC recovery, it does. Also, HTC added a file called init.protou.rc which activates rmt_storage (on emmc). I added these files to CWM, and it doesn't reboot anymore.

Please check if CWM doesn't reboot with this image. If it works, I'll investigate the graphical glitch.
    HOLD UP ON USING THIS GUYS, Jliax just got back to me and alerted me of a small issue with this
    Tested it, backup works, flashing zipfiles works, wiping dalvik and cache works, didn't test anything further than that
    the op has been updated guys, really sorry about the problem with CWM6. Jliax has tested this one for me, the only bug is when a backup is complete it will reboot....everything else works for this.