AT&T One X bricked downgrading bootloader, im fully S-OFF Help!!!

Search This thread

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
So i dont know what happend, i succesfully make my hox S-OFF, use the phone and everything was working fine, then a try to downgrade my bootloader with Jet but everything went wrong from there, the process didnt finish, i try to relocked my bootloader to install the 2.20 RUU thinking it would fix it but know the RUU procesos finishes with a 131 error because my cid is diferent, this is what i have:

******tampered*****
******relocked******
jewel pvt ship s-off rl
cid-spcs_001
hboot-1.14.0002
radio-0.19as.32.09.11_2
opendsp-v29.1.0.45.0622
emmc-boot

I can put fastboot commands but its shows FAILED (remote: not allowed), i cant go into recovery, also on jet i cant go into QHSUSB_DLOAD anymore.

Last edited:

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
Did you try this command to unbrick?: sudo ./jet -u

Edit: hmm just noticed your cid changed to stock. Sorry idk where to go from there

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
Yes i did try the ./jet -u command but i cant get in to QHSUSB_DLOAD anymore :( that is the stock cid for the one x ? if thats the case maybe i can run de 1.85 RUU?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
i cant get in to QHSUSB_DLOAD anymore

Did you try the hardware key way? Same as bootloader, but power and vol +

Practically gave myself a heart attack yesterday. Someone here was having trouble getting into bootloader, and mentioned power and vol +. I couldn't remember what that did (knew it wasn't bootloader) so I did it, and put the phone in Qualcomm download mode!

I was able to get back to bootloader, recovery, and reflashed the ROM that happened to be on my phone.

Last edited:

panda_mode

Dec 21, 2011
Sacramento
No. What I meant was your cid isn't supercid anymore. And I wouldn't use that RUU since your hboot is 1.14; wait till someone more experienced helps you out :)

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
Did you try the hardware key way? Same as bootloader, but power and vol +

Practically gave myself a heart attack yesterday. Someone here was having trouble getting into bootloader, and mentioned power and vol +. I couldn't remember what that did (knew it wasn't bootloader) so I did it, and put the phone in Qualcomm download mode!

I was able to get back to bootloader, recovery, and reflashed the ROM that happened to be on my phone.

I guess i could run the ./jet -u command and press those keys, its that what you mean?

No. What I meant was your cid isn't supercid anymore. And I wouldn't use that RUU since your hboot is 1.14; wait till someone more experienced helps you out :)

ooooooooo :good: at least i can get into bootloader and put fastboot commands, i guess thats something :(

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I guess i could run the ./jet -u command and press those keys, its that what you mean?

I've actually never used JET, and not quite sure how it works.

But power and vol + will put the phone in QHSUSB_DLOAD in most situations (nothing to do with JET), if that is all you are trying to do. Similar to how power and vol - boots into bootloader. Just curious if it would still worked in your "bricked" condition.

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
thats the thing, i can get in to fastboot, try to run the 2.20 RUU starts and maybe 1 minute later it fails, and gives a ERROR [131] i google it and it seems to be because the cid its not the correct one :( anyone knows if there its a way to bypass the cid verification?

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
thats the thing, i can get in to fastboot, try to run the 2.20 RUU starts and maybe 1 minute later it fails, and gives a ERROR [131] i google it and it seems to be because the cid its not the correct one :( anyone knows if there its a way to bypass the cid verification?

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_One_X
Try this thread. I think there is a way to use the stock recovery and the cid you used to unlock it. May give you some ideas.
AT&T HTC OneX
Andriod 4.1.1
ViperXL

Reactions: pikul

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
i check all of them, but i just cant get to unlock my bootloader again or flash a different cid, not even flash the recovery, y guess its because i relock my bootloader :(

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
is it posible to get it in bootloader mode? cause thats all i can access :/

Everytime i try to flash a file in fastboot it shows FAILED (remote: not allowed)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3452239

is it posible to get it in bootloader mode? cause thats all i can access :/

download a ROM.. put it in your fastboot folder,
boot into fastboot and try this

fastboot flash zip name_of_rom.zip <-- this works with HTC RUUs, may work with an actual ROM.. Use at your own risk, I have never tried it with a custom ROM.

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
download a ROM.. put it in your fastboot folder,
boot into fastboot and try this

fastboot flash zip name_of_rom.zip <-- this works with HTC RUUs, may work with an actual ROM.. Use at your own risk, I have never tried it with a custom ROM.

I took the .img files from the rom.zip that you get from the RUU, but it doesnt work.

C:\Programas\Fastboot>fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
sending 'boot' (6156 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.966s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.000s

C:\Programas\Fastboot>fastboot flash system system.img
sending 'system' (1048572 KB)...
FAILED (remote: data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.309s

D

Deleted member 3452239

I took the .img files from the rom.zip that you get from the RUU, but it doesnt work.

C:\Programas\Fastboot>fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
sending 'boot' (6156 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.966s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.000s

C:\Programas\Fastboot>fastboot flash system system.img
sending 'system' (1048572 KB)...
FAILED (remote: data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.309s

If you have the RUU.zip, do this then:

fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
see if that works..

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
This is what i get:

C:\Programas\Fastboot>fastboot flash zip rom.zip
sending 'zip' (576544 KB)...
OKAY [ 24.368s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) shift signature_size for header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 26.975s

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
this sucks, i have to go to work and i dont have another cellphone :/

You can try to find the cidnum for the htc onexl and see if you can trick it by editing android-info.txt file to match cid num.
Example:
edited android-info file
modelid: PG3213000
cidnum: KT___901
cidnum: HTC__004(this edited file only)
mainver: 2.32.1010.1
hbootpreupdate:13

boot again into fastboot

AT&T HTC OneXL
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239
    You can try to find the cidnum for the htc onexl and see if you can trick it by editing android-info.txt file to match cid num.
    Example:
    edited android-info file
    modelid: PG3213000
    cidnum: KT___901
    cidnum: HTC__004(this edited file only)
    mainver: 2.32.1010.1
    hbootpreupdate:13

boot again into fastboot

AT&T HTC OneXL
    Android 4.1.1
    ViperXL

That may work.. s-off doesn't check for signatures.. we can edit the RUU if we wanted
    All that info will be corrected once you get your original p4 written back to the device. It will have your original product id, imei and cid. All that info is contained in p4. Right now you have p4 used in the jet tool that is used to brick the device. They use a jewel p4 to brick the Evita, and a Evita p4 to brick the jewel. That's why your having all these issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_One_X
    Try this thread. I think there is a way to use the stock recovery and the cid you used to unlock it. May give you some ideas.
    AT&T HTC OneX
    Andriod 4.1.1
    ViperXL
    i check all of them, but i just cant get to unlock my bootloader again or flash a different cid, not even flash the recovery, y guess its because i relock my bootloader :(

Have you tried to get a new identifier token and unlock the phone to get TWRP again?
    http://onexroot.com/one-x-root/how-to-unlock-bootloader-and-root-att-htc-one-xhtc-one-xl/
    AT&T HTC OneX
    Android 4.1.1
    ViperXL
    Look on all of the pages, i remember uploading it for someone in the same thread, ill check my pc when i get home to see if i still have it, i did some stuff on windows because i didnt have fastboot on linux at that time.

Sent from my S3 or my Asus Transformer Prime