[Q] Bottom speaker louder than top speaker

Do you hear a difference in loudness between the top and bottom speakers?

• Yes, the bottom speaker is louder

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes, the top speaker is louder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sharkmarc

May 19, 2009
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone else noticed a difference in loudness between the top and bottom speakers. I first noticed the difference while watching some youtube vids, but thought the youtube app was to blame. But when playing a song over the speakers in mono( to better hear the difference) with poweramp, the bottom speaker is still a bit louder. The phone is still stock 17.1.A.2.55.

This normally wouldn't bother me that much, as I mainly listen to music through in-ears. But combined with rubbish other end call quality and minor gap issues, it makes me think about returning the phone.

I don't think there is a quick fix to this but I'm curious to see if there are more people experiencing this.

romeokk

Feb 19, 2009
You may try rotate your phone 180 degree when playing video so that you know exaclty that both sound channels are intentionally made one to be louder than another or its your phone defect. I can feel the unequal sometimes but when I rotate the phone, I know that the source is unequal, not the phone itself

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone else noticed a difference in loudness between the top and bottom speakers. I first noticed the difference while watching some youtube vids, but thought the youtube app was to blame. But when playing a song over the speakers in mono( to better hear the difference) with poweramp, the bottom speaker is still a bit louder. The phone is still stock 17.1.A.2.55.

This normally wouldn't bother me that much, as I mainly listen to music through in-ears. But combined with rubbish other end call quality and minor gap issues, it makes me think about returning the phone.

I don't think there is a quick fix to this but I'm curious to see if there are more people experiencing this.

Hi dude..I had the same.issue..I bought a z2 this Tuesday n found this issue...I took it to the showroom n crosschecked with the demo handset...
I compared the firmwares secretly.. As Indian sellers will tell nethn and everthing that doesn match to b the problem...

The told me to go to service center and get a DOA letter...and come back..upon whch they wud replace it...

If u bot the phone very recently..I advise you to rush n get it replaced..

I read Xperia z2 facing lot of.manufacturing faults...I sorta regret shelling out cash n giving away my z1 for this now...

Its a daily driver and now m helpless..
The service people will keep the phone under observations for 48 hours...
On a Lil blasting they agreed to give DOA by evening..

I tried downgrading it.. Repairing it using pc companion...but nothing works.. So dun waste ur bandwidth on the above

bruteoutlawz

May 9, 2014
My bottom speaker is louder then the top speaker. Going to return it as i have a few other issues as well.

Last edited:

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
Hey Bro..I got the DOA for my 3 day old Xperia z2

In India here is how it went..

I spent half a day trying to convince the personnel there that
There is a hardware problem...

They were denying it.. And finally after doing a syrvey qith other customers there in their presence..they gave me a DOA..

Good news I get a new phone from the retailer..

Bad news...

Well at the retailer shop..who had 4 z2 in stock...
Found that the problem persisted in all...

The demohandset ran a initial firmware release

I suspect its sonys firmware 402 kk update that is breaking the stereo functionality...

Currently I rooted it and trying tl work on the issue for a manual fix..

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
If you look at a teardown of the Xperia Z2, you'll notice that the bottom speaker module is greater than the top speaker module.

This could be the reason

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Hello guys,

The bottom speaker on the Z2 is indeed slightly louder than the top speaker. This is on all of them, due to the difference in drive units and their physical housings. So, it's a feature rather than a fault.

You can adjust the relative volume of the top and bottom speakers in mixer-paths.xml if you so wish. Sony ought to have done this....!

Personally, if it bothered me, I would buy an M8.

It's pointless returning your unit unless you want to exchange for another phone brand and model.

Reactions: arash64a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

The bottom speaker on the Z2 is indeed slightly louder than the top speaker. This is on all of them, due to the difference in drive units and their physical housings. So, it's a feature rather than a fault.

You can adjust the relative volume of the top and bottom speakers in mixer-paths.xml if you so wish. Sony ought to have done this....!

Personally, if it bothered me, I would buy an M8.

It's pointless returning your unit unless you want to exchange for another phone brand and model.