Problem with GPS in non stock ROMS

Search This thread

dapeterle

Sep 14, 2012
Hi togehter,

I bought a Galaxy S3 Mini i8190N from an offer here in germany last month, the phone has a sim net lock. First of all I am experienced with flashing custom roms. But for my issue I never found any available topic.

I had no problem rooting the device and I can also install and run several custom roms, but for non stock roms I never see any satellites in view (GPS Test, GPS status & etc.) Everything else runs fine, WLAN, BT etc.
I tried to change the ntp pool settings to germany / europe, but this doesn't help (Faster fix, also manually system/etc/gps.conf).

In stock roms / custom stock roms GPS is working fine and I get a fast fix, I see a lot of satellites.

What I also tried:
Going back to orignal stock rom. Made a hard factory reset.
I tried flashing with Odin and also with TWRP v2.7.1.0 20140612, but this also does not fix the problem
Before installing non stock rom, I made a factory reset and deleted cache/system/davlik cache, but gps is never working. The symbol is appearing, if a app wants to access GPS and I also changed gps settings to high resolution.

Does anybody else have same problems?

Roms I tested Carbon, Omni, Slimrom, Cyanogenmod (MacLaw), I also tried Omnirom from goldenguy
I can provide more informations, if someone has an idea about it.

Last edited:

dapeterle

Sep 14, 2012
Hi togehter,

I bought a Galaxy S3 Mini i8190N from an offer here in germany last month, the phone has a sim net lock. First of all I am experienced with flashing custom roms. But for my issue I never found any available topic.

I had no problem rooting the device and I can also install and run several custom roms, but for non stock roms I never see any satellites in view (GPS Test, GPS status & etc.) Everything else runs fine, WLAN, BT etc.
I tried to change the ntp pool settings to germany / europe, but this doesn't help (Faster fix, also manually system/etc/gps.conf).

In stock roms / custom stock roms GPS is working fine and I get a fast fix, I see a lot of satellites.

What I also tried:
Going back to orignal stock rom. Made a hard factory reset.
I tried with Odin and also with v2.7.1.0 20140612, but this also does not fix the problem
Before installing non stock rom, I made a factory reset and deleted cache/system/davlik cache, but gps is never working. The symbol is appearing, if a app wants to access GPS and I also changed in gps settings to high resolution.

Does anybody else have same problems?

Roms I tested Carbon, Omni, Slimrom, Cyanogenmod (MacLaw), I also tried Omnirom from goldenguy
I can provide more informations, if someone has an idea about it.

Update:

Hi together,

I again started to understand why GPS works fine in roms like R-Mod3 (Cutstom STOCK) and does not work for all kitkat roms >=4.4.2.
Enclosed you find the debug logs of google maps and gps test for omni-4.4.4-20140801-golden-HOMEMADE . In both apps I get errors in debugging. Can someone help me understand the problem here?

Attachments

• i8190N_omni-4.4.4-20140801-golden-HOMEMADE_debug_gmaps_gps_tester.7z
    36.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

ffoucault

Jul 18, 2014
I guess it's a driver issue for android versions higher than stock rom.
Have you tried CM10.1?