Which ROM do you guys recommend?

Search This thread

hundred_miles_high

Jan 25, 2012
Yes, I was a bit hard in my answer, because you hurted me with

........etc, etc, etc...........

The truth is that you braved me since replying my first post: this is a topic where OP required "suggestions" (do you know this term?) from each user, not debates, nor topic wars.

Reread the topic, reflect about and get out, you told enough.
Who the hell do you think you are telling me to get out?

Just because I pointed out that it is the Samsung S3 forum (in response to your ramblings about Samsung ROMs better compatibility with Samsung devices) does not imply the use of only stock ROMs and nowhere have I even suggested that.

By performance I assume you mean speed, which I have said nothing in my posts about - you are the only one to mention it.
As absolute speed versus battery life impact each other so much I deliberately did not mention it, choice of kernel and user config can massively affect both for stock and AOSP. If you mean functionality then give me stock based any day....

I DID suggest a ROM several posts back, if you'd bothered to read the first part of post #13. it was you who started the debate after I disagreed with you when you implied that AOSP was better in every respect calling stock derived ROMs 'almost useless' which is inaccurate and misleading to the OP.

I am not wasting anymore time on you, or taking this thread any further off-topic.

END.

Last edited:

broken920

Dec 1, 2013
/dev/sdb
plus.google.com
keep calm and buy an S5

My opinion is: AOSP are better in terms of performance and Sammy based for camera quality.

emanueleparedes wants a ROM with no random reboots, with the best camera quality and fast as AOSP or even faster :p.

I don't know a ROM fast as AOSP which takes photos like stock but only:
- AOSP: fast and good camera quality (improved with Boeffla)
- Sammy based: good performance and best camera quality

:highfive:

Reactions: Simone98RC

Simone98RC

Jun 21, 2013
Reggio Calabria
simonealecci.it
My opinion is: AOSP are better in terms of performance and Sammy based for camera quality.

emanueleparedes wants a ROM with no random reboots, with the best camera quality and fast as AOSP or even faster :p.

Simply greatful.
I forgot to say that CM 11 hasn't a real stabilization as in Samsung rom, so captures in AOSP (for both camera and camcorder) are more moved than ones in stock rom.
As I said yet, TouchWiz is unremovable and critical for RAM consumption, so never AOSP performance, also because it's a "totally cleaned" system, except for a "replaceable" launcher.

Now, I can get out myself, @broken920 have spoken for me [emoji6]

Reactions: broken920

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This ↑

Abort the Samsung laggy and almost useless world, choose AOSP roms.
    A wildly sweeping and inaccurate statement if ever there was one.

There are some exceptional stock based ROMS out there, with very good performance, good battery life and stock features that you don't get in AOSP which many people like to have (also from what i've seen, the stock Camera app gives better pictures too)
    keep calm and buy an S5

Simply greatful.
    I forgot to say that CM 11 hasn't a real stabilization as in Samsung rom, so captures in AOSP (for both camera and camcorder) are more moved than ones in stock rom.
    As I said yet, TouchWiz is unremovable and critical for RAM consumption, so never AOSP performance, also because it's a "totally cleaned" system, except for a "replaceable" launcher.

Now, I can get out myself, @broken920 have spoken for me [emoji6]