Error copying large zip file to sd card

Search This thread

scott500

Aug 26, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
Has anyone had problems copying large zip files to their sd card?

I downloaded the 4.4.3 Bootable RUU zip file which is about 1.5gb from the forum and went to copy it to my sd card and it won't let me. It gives me a message... The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

I've checked the md5 to make sure it wasn't corrupt and tried it on multiple computers, made sure the drivers were up to date and tried it with different cables...ugggh

I noticed however that it seems to have something to do with the zip file. If I rename the file to .txt it will let me copy it...and I can copy other typers of files just fine to the sd card.

Any thoughts on this problem and a work around to get this file on my sd card?

scott500

Aug 26, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
error

Same exact thing here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well, I sort of have a fix.

As far as the rom is concerned, I just ended up downloading it via chrome and then copying it over to the root of my sd card using ES File Explorer which seemed to work

After I wiped my phone and rebuilt it, I did noticed that ES File Explorer also has some issues deleting folders etc on the sd card. I really don't know the reasons for all this other then I have heard Google is really moving away from suppot of SD Cards in phones.

Anyway, I was able to delete the folders using the native HTC File manager app.

Hope any of this is of help to you

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
If the fix wasnt implemented to read/write on sdcard,itll have issues....copy to internal storage and try to move too sdcard