[Testers Needed] Atrix CM7 Team Requires >>ALPHA<< Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

edgeicator

Feb 19, 2011
Withdrawn, not sure I have the time commitment available to thoroughly test an alpha build anymore.

Last edited:

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Bug report cm7

Phone: international ATRIX
Rom: cm7.1 alpha
Kernel: edgans d00 overclock

Bugs

Cmparts. In settings- :

tablet settings FC's
Auto brightness not available.

No fixes found

No data connection on reboot. Apns being deleted on boot.

Logcat attached

DOWNLOAD

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

FabricioGS

Nov 18, 2010
São Paulo
Moto X4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Pick me pleeeease! \o|

I'm a senior .NET developer with 13+ years programming experience, now studding Android for a couple of months now, also doing a two weeks Android course (this week and the next one). My goal is to start creating some ROMs for the device too, but my current knowledge is pretty basic and theoretical right now.

I'm also very experienced on testing ROMs (used to do it a lot on my old Xperia X10). tested many versions from Eclair 2.1 to GB 2.3, including MIUI and CyanogeMod too ;) :p

Jisumy

Jul 26, 2011
Been waiting for this to come for a while. Be nice to be a tester :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Blind_Guardian

Feb 23, 2011
To all of you posting, "pick me"
It's not going to help you at all. If you read the original post, it was mentioned that you needed to provide a sample bug report to be considered.

I don't have much free time on my hands lately, but if you need a backup let me know.

Bug Report:

Blind_Guardian
Phone: ATT Atrix
Radio: OTA Stock (N_01.77.30P)
Hacks/Mods used: Battery fix, webtop on HDMI, Gtalk on 3g
Kernel: Stock

What is the expected behavior?

When the google navigation app is started the GPS should lock on within a reasonable amount of time and should remain locked on. Should it lose a lock, it should re-lock within a reasonable amount of time. The "maps" app should operate within the same limits.

What is the actual behavior?

When the GPS app is started, the initial lock takes anywhere between 3-5 minutes to get a lock. Once a lock occurs it will remain locked for a short while. It does not lose the lock at the same time intervals, it is sporadic. I've seen it take anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Once a lock is lost and you hear the audible warning... the phone will reboot itself every time. The same issue occurs if you use the "maps" app. You are able to get gps data, but once you lose a lock the phone reboots itself.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Make sure GPS radio is on.
- Initiate "navigation app" or "maps"
- Wait for a GPS lock
- Wait for GPS signal loss

Possible workarounds:
None, that I could find.

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
Bug: stewartsoda isn't an alpha tester

Environment: Life v0.1 Alpha 2
Firmware: R0001
Hardware: Human

Expected behavior: stewartsoda has access to alpha builds for testing
Observed behavior: stewartsoda doesn't have access to alpha builds for testing

Steps to reproduce: Ask stewartsoda to retrieve the latest build for testing. He will be unable to do so.

Conjecture: There are many possible reasons why Stewartsoda doesn't have access.
One- he hasn't been granted access.
Two- he hasn't known about formal alpha testing of CM7 until now.
Three- he hasn't been invited to the project and doesn't know where to retrieve builds from.

Possible solutions:
One- invite stewartsoda to be an alpha tester for cm7 on the Atrix.
Two- provide download links to stewartsoda through PM.

Attachments:
Attachment 1: logcat.txt - Brain lolcat output
Attachment 2: dmesg.txt - Brain dmesg output

Seriously though. I'm a test development engineer and Bugzilla admin for a large SSD manufacturer and developer. This is what I do for a living.

Last edited:

ramguerra

Jul 26, 2011
Bug Report

Forum name: ramguerra
Phone: AT&T Atrix 4G AKA MB860
Radio: N_01.77.30P
Firmware: CM 7.0A
Hacks/Mods used: N/A

When a user places a call, the proximity sensor will detect the distance from the persons cheek, and when close enough, will shut off the screen and de-activate the touch sensor in order to avoid accidental key presses.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The proximity sensor on the phone seems to not be responding as it should. I have noticed that when I place a call on 7.0A, the screen stays on and does not shut off. My cheek will then press the speaker phone button, or any other button that is there. This was not a problem on stock FW so it is not a phone issue.

To reproduce:
Place a call and listen to it.
Notice that your cheek will press additional buttons.
To verify, try another call and place your finger at the top right corner of the phone next to the sound opening. On stock, the screen will shut off.

Fix:
Verify that the prox sensor is activated, then try increasing the sensitivity of the sensor in order to shorten the distance needed to the reciever to trigger the screen shut off.

Athailias

Aug 21, 2010
McKinney
It's what I do damnit

I only work 15 days a month. (2-2-3 schedule dont ask)

I was tutor of the year in 2002 at my community college, where I tutored special needs students (pateince^2)

TESTER:
Yes I am free, cheap, and easy.
I am a "Test Technician" for a living at raytheon. I test laser/sensor(camera) turrets for military aircraft.
I have an AS in Electronics, will be getting my BAAS with a technology focus in December, and I am taking technical writing for the hell of it.

Athailias:
Bug: Touch screen becomes unresponsive after 12 seconds.
steps: Play super mario 64 and do any of the koopa races and halfway up the hill you DIE and DIE because the damn screen stops responding... but seriously hold the screen for 12 seconds and it stops responding
Bug fix: hire me to assassinate the moisture detection software developers at motorola, or get CM7 ported.

Honestly I would love to help, just to help. I dont want anything in return, im not going to *****. i just enjoy tinkering with the phone. I am a flash addict and will flash every darn rev that comes out and use the crap out of it even if I cant make calls. Ive been known to "use" my captivate at work as a paper holder all night because I flashed at work with no pc backup. I havent used logcat or dmeschmegma, but i bet I can figure it out before the beta starts. I would like to also add that I am a military veteran for equal opportunity employment, and I am mexican... ok half mexican

CaelanT

I would love to test, but unfortunately do not have the time to dedicate to this.

Good luck with the development, and hopefully you can weed through the Darwin filled gene pool in your thread and select the few testers who will actually be useful, and help you. It's very apparent most of them cannot even read!!!

To those who read the OP, and responded correctly, good luck at being some of the first to test this on the Atrix!

bilbert

Mar 31, 2011
I am a programmer and linux administrator, and have led major projects (think: popular Half-Life 2 mod) with major bug-tracking efforts. So, with that said, I am *very* familiar with both the development process, and how to submit bugs.

But before I toss my name in the hat (with a proper application), I must know: How functional is this alpha? My atrix is my only phone at the moment, so I can't lose phone functionality if the ROM has issues with the radio.

Sample bug report:

Camera flash causes reboot

Tester: bilbert
Description: Turning on the camera's flash functionality via a non-camera application causes the phone to reboot.
Found in: CM7a 1.01-27
Present up to: CM7a 1.01-31

To reproduce:
* Install "Widgetsoid".
* Create a widget with a "flashlight" button.
* In Widgetsoid options, select flashlight option 2.
* Add widget to home screen.
* Press flashlight button. It will take a second, but it will turn the camera LED on.
* Press flashlight button again. LED will turn off.
* Press flashlight button again. Leave on until screen turns off. Phone will reboot.

Attached are logcat and dmesg, with relevant error messages.

Last edited:

KefkaticFanatic

Mar 25, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'd be up to testing.

I haven't done much Android ROM testing, but I know the whole test, bug report, etc drill as I've done a few of the 360 firmware betas, Moto soak betas, and Cr48 pilot :p

I've also got plenty of time, no job besides work I do around the house.

Suddenly, bug report

----
KefkaticFanatic
Model: MB860
Kernal: 2.6.32.9-00001 [stock]
Radio: N_01.77.30P
ROM: kennethpenn's Gingerbread Beta 4
Mods installed: AOSP Gingerbread theme 6.7, Battery Fix

Issue: Data connection shows a connection but does not transfer any data

Description: After switching off the WiFi connection, I notice that for a short while the wireless connection will show a signal but be unable to work with any data. This is seen with various apps, such as Friendcaster, the Market, Dolphin, etc. They will simply be unable to load any pages for a small amount of time, usually between 30-60 seconds, and then will suddenly be able to load properly.

Reproduce: Start using an app requiring a web connection like a Facebook or Twitter app over the WiFi. Then, switch off the WiFi and attempt to load a page or refresh the main page of the app.

logcat and dmesg attached

Thanks!

-----------

And thanks for considering and continuing to develop :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TESTERS SELECTED, THOSE CHOSEN WILL BE CONTACTED ON PM WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

please mr. clow, if you could close this thread i would appreciate it!​
    Bug: stewartsoda isn't an alpha tester

Environment: Life v0.1 Alpha 2
    Firmware: R0001
    Hardware: Human

Expected behavior: stewartsoda has access to alpha builds for testing
    Observed behavior: stewartsoda doesn't have access to alpha builds for testing

Steps to reproduce: Ask stewartsoda to retrieve the latest build for testing. He will be unable to do so.

Conjecture: There are many possible reasons why Stewartsoda doesn't have access.
    One- he hasn't been granted access.
    Two- he hasn't known about formal alpha testing of CM7 until now.
    Three- he hasn't been invited to the project and doesn't know where to retrieve builds from.

Possible solutions:
    One- invite stewartsoda to be an alpha tester for cm7 on the Atrix.
    Two- provide download links to stewartsoda through PM.

Attachments:
    Attachment 1: logcat.txt - Brain lolcat output
    Attachment 2: dmesg.txt - Brain dmesg output

Seriously though. I'm a test development engineer and Bugzilla admin for a large SSD manufacturer and developer. This is what I do for a living.

Not throwing my hat into the bag, but i just wanted to say to those applying learn to read the first post FFS, the OP said to submit ur replies in an example bug report format. Christs sake is it that hard to follow directions ppl =/ to those who actually replied correctly good luck to u =)
    Wish I could afford to give you my lapdock, heck I wish I could get a discount on them being I work for AT&T LOL. I'd try help testing the lapdock stuff out if you need someone.