[Q] need clear instruction on root and revert

Search This thread

honorlost84

Mar 15, 2011
lapeer
ok i have powershell on my computer and android terminal on my shift. can i get the software and instruction on how to first temproot 2.3 then the revertto 2.2 then i can handle the rest. please and thank you. this is my first time so dumb it down... sigh

F

FdxRider

Can you hit menu then more then browser,might have to zoom in alot

Sent from My Strapped Turbo Charged v4

Surrattster

Nov 28, 2010
Honorlost84

please refer to my question post.

Yes i will do it for you. I have all the info i need from Scaryghoul. Given everything goes well. I have a feeling you missed a step.

Heres what i will do

1.DL the attached file here :
2.put in the Directory "C:\New Folder\"
3.Open powershell and type "set-executionpolicy remotesigned" w/o quotes of course (as for rest of my description)
4.type "cd C:\New Folder\TempRootEvoShift.ps1
5. Let it do its thing
6. Copy the two necessary files "misc.img" and the 2.2 install "PG06IMG.zip" to the sd card root found here:
7.Run android terminal emulator. and type "dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17"
8. Reboot into bootloader where it will flash the "PG06IMG.zip" and reboot.
9. Get visionary like we did at work and hopefully you can live with temproot till i get the permroot down.

to everyone else this would be the correct way right? Of course double checking before i touch my friends phone.

Last edited:

honorlost84

Mar 15, 2011
lapeer
Ok then im missing the ruu and 2.2. That would be the misc correct? So i think i need frevo again. I mightve gotten a bad one.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't know how to help with temp root as it's basically just copy and paste once you have temp root just download the RUU and the misc posted in the thread (if you don't know the thread ill get a, link) and put them on the root of your sd card. then my personal reccomendation is just do the rest from terminal emulator on your phone.
Type:
su (then allow superuser permissions
Then type the command posted in the thread (there's only one)
Then flash the RUU in hboot by turning the phone completley off (no fastboot) and holding down volume down and power at the same time a screen should come up and it will load the zip.
During the process the phone might reboot once just don't touch it. It automatically boots back up into bootloader

Sent from my Mikimized Shift! (haha get it...like minimized...but the opposite.....I should shut up..

honorlost84

Mar 15, 2011
lapeer
Im rooted now (thank god) how do i get the phone to go to hboot without yanking the battery?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App