[MOD][How to] CWM On Every Boot w/GPS Working

Search This thread

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
CWM ON EVERY BOOT WITH GPS WORKING

What Is This??

This is a mod to achieve ClockWorkMod Recovery on Every reboot/boot with a fully functioning GPS. So far this is the only method to have CWM On boot without breaking GPS.This methos uses IBMc PowerBoost 2.0.

Things you will need:

1. Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer (download on market)
2. Download PB-2dot0_final.zip and place on sdcard
3. Terminal Emulator (download on market)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step 1. Reboot into CWM using Atrix Bootstrapper and

Step 2. flash PB-2dot0_final.zip and reboot

Step 3.
Once rom loads up , uninstall AtrixBootstrapper or set permissions in SuperUser for it to "denied" (i would uninstall AtrixBootstrapper after quickly setting to deny,you wont need it)

Step 4. Download Jrummy16's Busybox Installer from market,open it,and click install. You want to install latest 1.19 Busybox over 1.17 that you probably have. looks like this:
1z56ut4.png

Step 5. Open Terminal emulator and type the following one line at a time,hitting ENTER after each line is typed:

su

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

chmod 755 /system/xbin/powerboost

powerboost

now you should see this:
3502m8x.jpg

Step 6. It will ask you if you want it to install Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer,just type N for "No" and hit enter as we already installed this.

Step 7. Now it will Prompt you to select a number. type in 5. "CWR On Every Boot"
2jd5fl2.png

Step 8. After "Installation Complete" only takes about 2 seconds, you will type 8 for a Reboot,and type Y for yes.
2n7eh0.png

Step 8. Enjoy!

If you like my work,hit the thanks button,if not,hit the back button : P

If you plan on using this in your projects all i ask is for you to simply credit me in your OP.

CREDITS: BMc08GT (creator of the PowerBoost Script)

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
You are the man!

Thanks....cant hit the button on my mobile app but will when i get to my pc.

So terminal emulator, can that always be used to push adb commands?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

Jul 29, 2011
Ohio
Does this also fix the battery issue where it won't turn on or charge from 0%?

Sent from my MB865 on lfaber06's Supercharged ROM V 5, Update 2

T

tmease1

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Last edited:

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Oh I thought it was a cwm on recovery exclusive bug. BTW, congratulations on inheriting ifaber's work. I'm looking forward to V6. V5 is one of my favorites.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

41rw4lk

I can't get the script to stick. After I do the setup and reboot, I boot into CWM like it should, but once I power off and boot again it just boots normally. I followed the directions exactly, and tried the process again, but the same results.
I assume it's because I'm not creating this script where it wants to go. Any advice or help? Thanks

I should note that I'm on stock 3.6 and have only rooted and installed the bootstrapper previously.

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
I can't get the script to stick. After I do the setup and reboot, I boot into CWM like it should, but once I power off and boot again it just boots normally. I followed the directions exactly, and tried the process again, but the same results.
I assume it's because I'm not creating this script where it wants to go. Any advice or help? Thanks

I should note that I'm on stock 3.6 and have only rooted and installed the bootstrapper previously.

Sounds like you are not mounting the /system first. Make sure u type it exactly in terminal emulator as i posted before running powerscript like so "mount -o /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" without the quotes

41rw4lk

Sounds like you are not mounting the /system first. Make sure u type it exactly in terminal emulator as i posted before running powerscript like so "mount -o /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" without the quotes

I typed it just as it is, and even done it in adb shell with copy and paste, but it would never create the init.d folder or the 99cwr script. So I opened root explorer to see what was going on. The system was mounted as rw, but it just wouldn't create it. So I made the init.d folder myself and ran powerboost again and it created the 99cwr script, but still, normal bootup. I guess it needs to be called during boot or whatever, but idk where to set that. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I typed it just as it is, and even done it in adb shell with copy and paste, but it would never create the init.d folder or the 99cwr script. So I opened root explorer to see what was going on. The system was mounted as rw, but it just wouldn't create it. So I made the init.d folder myself and ran powerboost again and it created the 99cwr script, but still, normal bootup. I guess it needs to be called during boot or whatever, but idk where to set that. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks

It's because the stock ROM doesn't have init.d support. Flash this then try again.

ewandroid

Jun 16, 2011
i still can't get it to work..me also have the same problem as @41rw4lk,but after i flash the init.d file I still cannot get it to work:'(
stock rooted 2.3.6

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

sorry a noob question, where do i need to install the busybox? system/bin or system/xbin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM ON EVERY BOOT WITH GPS WORKING

What Is This??

This is a mod to achieve ClockWorkMod Recovery on Every reboot/boot with a fully functioning GPS. So far this is the only method to have CWM On boot without breaking GPS.This methos uses IBMc PowerBoost 2.0.

Things you will need:

1. Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer (download on market)
    2. Download PB-2dot0_final.zip and place on sdcard
    3. Terminal Emulator (download on market)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step 1. Reboot into CWM using Atrix Bootstrapper and

Step 2. flash PB-2dot0_final.zip and reboot

Step 3.
    Once rom loads up , uninstall AtrixBootstrapper or set permissions in SuperUser for it to "denied" (i would uninstall AtrixBootstrapper after quickly setting to deny,you wont need it)

Step 4. Download Jrummy16's Busybox Installer from market,open it,and click install. You want to install latest 1.19 Busybox over 1.17 that you probably have. looks like this:
    1z56ut4.png

Step 5. Open Terminal emulator and type the following one line at a time,hitting ENTER after each line is typed:

su

powerboost

now you should see this:
    3502m8x.jpg

Step 6. It will ask you if you want it to install Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer,just type N for "No" and hit enter as we already installed this.

Step 7. Now it will Prompt you to select a number. type in 5. "CWR On Every Boot"
    2jd5fl2.png

Step 8. After "Installation Complete" only takes about 2 seconds, you will type 8 for a Reboot,and type Y for yes.
    2n7eh0.png

Step 8. Enjoy!

If you like my work,hit the thanks button,if not,hit the back button : P

If you plan on using this in your projects all i ask is for you to simply credit me in your OP.

CREDITS: BMc08GT (creator of the PowerBoost Script)

It's because the stock ROM doesn't have init.d support. Flash this then try again.
    Im looking into it today.one thing at a time.only thing ive done so far is deodexed.

62e1046f-e3bf-59da.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong I keep getting powerboost access denied. I'm using stock 2.3.6 rooted

I have never used powerboost but based on your screenshot, You are missing spaces between objects in your commands.

The first is:

The second, as mlcraig58 already pointed out, is:
    yea but if i install a rom and it frezes on there logo, there is no BMM for me more :/ dont know why, i have only the fastboot.
    on fastboot there are 4 steps:
    Reboot > Don't elp on soft brick.
    Recovery > an open droid with a red triagle
    APfastboot > need PC > what is really annoying if im testing every rom and fails often.
    and something like BT Tools or so, cant remember. > don't know what that is (maybe someone explain?)

You shouldn't be losing BMM while flashing because it will reinstall itself. Which roms are you trying to flash?

Brought to you by time and relative dimensions in space.