[Q] URGENT HELP PLEASE-deleted system file

Search This thread

Prashil1998

May 25, 2014
I have accidentally deleted a system file when I rooted my phone and was trying to delete a different file in my dell streak 5.
I don't know much about this as I am a newbie so can anyone please tell me how can I delete everything inside it and download,install it again.All I can do now is turn it on,off ,go to fast-boot mode and call people and receive calls.Thank you,it will be very helpful if u can help me on this.

Last edited:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
You don't say what file it is you deleted, but it sounds like it was a file in the ROM itself. If you're successfully rooted, simply install the ROM again to restore the file. Don't wipe any data and your Streak should return to operating condition as if you never deleted the file.

Reactions: Prashil1998

Prashil1998

May 25, 2014
Thanks

You don't say what file it is you deleted, but it sounds like it was a file in the ROM itself. If you're successfully rooted, simply install the ROM again to restore the file. Don't wipe any data and your Streak should return to operating condition as if you never deleted the file.

I don't know which one i have deleted. Phone starts only with dial pad. i can receive call and answer the call. other than that i can't access any other application.

Prashil1998

May 25, 2014
I tried

Well, did you install the ROM again, as I recommended?

I tried it and it still went back to the same state. Its very difficult as I can only access the dialpad.and that's only after calling it when it starts up and shows its logo. I then have to turn on USB debugging . I followed a video on YouTube in which shows u how to flash a ROM by calling it.update.pkga and flashing it through recovery mode.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Restore your stock ROM and start over. Only this time, do not follow YouTube videos to try and root because they don't explain anything. There is information throughout both the Q&A forum as well as the sticky posts in Development that you might want to start reading.

After restoring your stock ROM, you need to do the following, in order:
  • Install ADB drivers on your PC, if you haven't already done so.
  • Install StreakMod Recovery.
  • Install a custom ROM such as PseudoCream, as custom ROMs are generally pre-rooted.
  • (Optional) Install a different baseband.
To make life easy when it comes to installing StreakMod or the baseband files, download MultiFlasher from the link in my signature. It provides the tools as well as the recovery and baseband images. It DOESN'T include ADB drivers, but those are available from links in Development.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.