[build.prop tweak] softkeys enabled

Search This thread

wongb

Apr 6, 2011
I can see that option in the file. Is that mean I need to add this key in the file?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

halaros2

Aug 1, 2011
Thessaloniki
I can see that option in the file. Is that mean I need to add this key in the file?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Yes mate go to build.prop located into /system open it with a text editor and add the line i am writing at first post save it restart your phone and you ll have the softkeys enabled!!! ;)

kamirza

Jul 10, 2008
purelook hd rom

I'm using purelook hd rom and it has xperia engine in it. Can't get the soft keys on it. Need help as I can't survive without these.

Ape_D

Mar 20, 2013
Duisburg
LMT

hi, as an alternative to standard softkeys, you could use the app LMT (requires root)

it supports gestures, expanded desktops and Pie Softkeys with long press function as in Paranoid rom and some more nice features

Could be interesting for some ;)

penguinmaster

Apr 13, 2013
To all those who want softkeys enabled at their rom if they don't have that option you can edit build.prop ( it must work with most jelly bean and ics roms)

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Reboot
Softkeys enabled ;)

Is there a way to customize the "Recent" soft key to "Menu"? When I added the script while using the CM10 rom, I could change them around in the navigation settings. I recently switched back to the stock JB version, but added soft keys because my hardkeys stopped working after I dropped it in a spa :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

halaros2

Aug 1, 2011
Thessaloniki
I'm using purelook hd rom and it has xperia engine in it. Can't get the soft keys on it. Need help as I can't survive without these.

U mean u tried this mod and it doesn't work?

Is there a way to customize the "Recent" soft key to "Menu"? When I added the script while using the CM10 rom, I could change them around in the navigation settings. I recently switched back to the stock JB version, but added soft keys because my hardkeys stopped working after I dropped it in a spa :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

Nope u can't edit it with this mod... For doing this u have to edit other files

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
Is there any way to make the Soft Keys smaller.. (at least 50% smaller than its original size/height)... its because my phone (the Galaxy S Advance) has a resolution of only 480x800.... I just feel like there is not enough space on my screen to be honest, that's why I'm asking this.... :cowboy:

(Post Added)
- I can't take Screenshots anymore, using my Home + Power Button

- My dialer app is getting covered with the Soft keys.. so I can't call anyone because I can't tap on the call button :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts