Sweet Chiid Of Mine Q&A Thread

Search This thread

hechoen

May 7, 2011
In an effort to keep SCOMs dev thread clean and streamlined please post all of your questions here.

Thanks

Reactions: Kyndig66

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
No luck with your suggestion hechoen. Running GR again (even though I did that before this flash) and will reflash. Checked the MD5 and that's good.

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
im still experiencing lagging with scrolling. i did gremlin remover then flashed ROM and it was smooth, but when i rebooted the phone, it started lagging with scroling again. if i do a factory reset from CWM, do i have to reflash the ROM or just reboot after the do the factory reset?

hechoen

May 7, 2011
native

Just reboot. I'm running into some issues as well. It seems to only happen after I power down and reboot. Very odd. So factory resest from CWM, reboot and play with the phone. Don't restore any apps yet. If it seems smooth reboot the phone. Let me know whether the lag reappears after the second reboot.

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
native

Just reboot. I'm running into some issues as well. It seems to only happen after I power down and reboot. Very odd. So factory resest from CWM, reboot and play with the phone. Don't restore any apps yet. If it seems smooth reboot the phone. Let me know whether the lag reappears after the second reboot.

i already restored the apps at the beginning with TB and it was smooth, but after the reboot, it started lagging with scrolling again.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
No luck with your suggestion hechoen. Running GR again (even though I did that before this flash) and will reflash. Checked the MD5 and that's good.

That's what worked for me. One other thing that I think has worked for some on other ROMs with this issue is to turn on bluetooth and while it's doing it's thing reboot the phone. If that doesn't work get a log to erikmm and he'll let you know what else to try.

Reactions: Kyndig66

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
That's what worked for me. One other thing that I think has worked for some on other ROMs with this issue is to turn on bluetooth and while it's doing it's thing reboot the phone. If that doesn't work get a log to erikmm and he'll let you know what else to try.

Tried that before posting my Q in the SCOM thread. Tried a myriad of combinations also. It used to be a problem for a lot of people at one time. It never occurred with vb final fixed or unnamed. If this next go doesn't work, I'll get a log.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
native

I'm having the same thing happen. After second reboot laggy and super unresponsive. If someone else running this wants to reboot and see if they pick up lag as well it would be appreciated. If no one else is having this issue it has to be one of the apps that we are restoring causing it. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Where do you get this stuff? I've reset from inside the OS on plenty of occasions and never had anything bad happen. My next suggestion to native if this doesn't work was gonna be to factory reset it from inside the phone.

Every phone I have had the devs state to never do a factory reset from the setting menu. My last phone there was many people with broken phones because they used the privacy menu reset. I dunno I just prefer not to waste 300bucks wiping data improperly. I also would hate to see somebody post doing it broke their phone.

If you can safely wipe data from the privacy menu then I stand corrected.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Tried that before posting my Q in the SCOM thread. Tried a myriad of combinations also. It used to be a problem for a lot of people at one time. It never occurred with vb final fixed or unnamed. If this next go doesn't work, I'll get a log.

I just tried bluetooth with wifi on and it hung on turning on. Rebooted and it worked. Both wifi and bluetooth. Now if I can figure out why restoring and rebooting is causing lag I'll be really happy.

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
I just tried bluetooth with wifi on and it hung on turning on. Rebooted and it worked. Both wifi and bluetooth. Now if I can figure out why restoring and rebooting is causing lag I'll be really happy.

Wierd. Im lagging also and i havent restored anything. Only apps i installed are log this and xda. Working on logs for eric.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Now if I can figure out why restoring and rebooting is causing lag I'll be really happy.
What method are you using to restore?

When I updated to unamed v2 I had three reboots after restoring some apps. I wiped reflashed and installed them one at a time until it rebooted. Then removed that app and continued. No reboots. So I wiped ran gremlin remover. Flashed again installed the offending app. No reboots. I installed the app prior to the offending one and bam reboot. Come to find out the issue was created by a update to the two apps not properly updating. I did a fresh install from the market and have had no problems.

ShadyAce80

Jan 16, 2012
Milaca area, MN
Anybody having issues with little to no volume in calls? I have tried data/factory reset from cwm and also fixed permissions.
FYI, I just flashed the rom again to see if that will fix it. soaking in now.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
OK so here's what I've come up with to fix the lag issue for me. Flashed the rc2 kernel and lag is gone. I've rebooted a number of times to make sure this is the case and every time quad runs at full FPS. I've restored all my apps with TB and have this running perfectly smooth. So a guess would be something with the new kernel or SuperSU. Again this is a guess. But if you want to run SCOM V3 lag free and have TB restore all your stuff for now reflash the RC2 kernel.

EDIT: Scratch that theory. Lag is back. I should have never doubted are kernel devs. For those of you getting logs that use ADB here's a great guide.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1378491

This may work in terminal emulator as well. I'm short on time today so I'm going to reflash and not reboot anymore! Just hang in there and it will get figured out.

Last edited:

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Sorry about all the problems guys but im running v3 no lag but im checking on it still

for bluetooth issue raver just told me to try turn bluetooth on and reboot phone

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

OGJUq.png

lmNiP.png

check it out just reflashed and got both to turn on ok

and no lag after 3 reboots :(

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
check it out just reflashed and got both to turn on ok
(

Not sure why, and I don't care why, but both bt and wifi are working concurrently for me after the 3.5 flash. The bt device doesn't connect unless i go into bluetooth setting and press the paired device, which is fine. Thanks erik! :)

Edit: Device connects like usual now. Guess I didn't wait long enough.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2012
Wichita, KS
v3.5 installed

Downloaded and installed v3.5 on my phone last night. All functions seem normal and working great. I have OC'd to 1.3 and have no issues with battery temp.

If I may, Erik has been especially patient and extremely helpful. I did have an issue with a previous version of SCOM and he was readily available and willing to help out. It is very comforting to know that as some great dev's leave the SGS4G community some other good/great dev's are coming in to fill the void. Erik, I appreciate your hard work and your ROM reflects your passion and hard work. You ROCK! :D:D

drdoombot

Nov 19, 2011
After a horrific 15 hour period of pulling my hair out, I finally got my phone out of a hardbrick apparently initiated by installing Sweet Child O Mine v3.5. Here's how I got there:

1. When flashing SCOM v3 (following OP precisely), the phone randomly rebooted (around 90% of Aroma installation).
2. When attempting to flash again, Aroma Installer gave a warning saying it did not recognize my phone as a SGS4G. I clicked the checkbox and installed anyway. ROM worked.
3. When trying to upgrade to SCOM v3.5 late last night, I wiped all data and flashed. Got the same warning as before. This time, didn't install.
4. Tried using Gremlin 1-Click before attempting again... Kept getting stuck on factoryfs.rfs. Had to pull the battery multiple times to try to get it to work, but eventually it caught.
5. Tried flashing SCOM v3.5 again... crapped out before Aroma Installer could finish. I started again, got the unrecognized device warning again.
6. Went back to Gremlin 1-Click again... this time, could not get it to catch! Phone was stuck in softbrick.
7. After multiple attempts, decided to try Heimdall 1-Click, to no avail. Checked off "flash bootloaders" and after 3rd attempt, phone went hardbrick (screen wouldn't turn on no matter what I did).

Stayed up until 5 am trying to fix it, but put it aside to work on it again today. Here's how I finally fixed it:

1. Found RaverX3X's 1-Click somewhere on the forums... removed CWM and put me back on Samsung Utils
2. Downloaded all the files from FB's GB Ext4 starter pack page.
3. Managed to get the phone to yellow triangle by: Pulling and replacing battery->Holding Vol + and Vol - ->Inserting USB
4. Ran Odin as Admin, but had to use a different cable and port to get computer to see the phone
5. Finally back on stock KJ6.

Hopefully all that info above will help someone in trouble like I was.

Now I have a new problem: I want to flash SCOM v3.5 again, but I'm afraid of getting soft/hard-bricked again!

To be honest, I dislike the color scheme and the mismatched icon set in SCOM, but it has two things going for it:

1. Smooth as butter (surprisingly, smoother than RaverX3X's VB final for me)
2. Battery life when NOT using phone is amazing (left the phone for a few hours yesterday, didn't move a single percent). The battery drains fairly quickly when phone is in use, however.

So, how do I instally SCOM v3.5 without falling into the same problems? Or, alternately, what other ROM is comparable in terms of smoothness and idle battery life?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well I am currently sleep deprived lol but noticed my countdown clock is set for 4:44am when it should of been 4:44pm today! :p

so....today 4:44 pm check post #2 for v.4.4 and a surprise :D
    In an effort to keep SCOMs dev thread clean and streamlined please post all of your questions here.

Thanks

Im looking at the changelog and features dont see anything saying it uses a different messaging app. So.

Have you hit the menu button>more>delete messages? That seems to works on unnamed which is built on the same base as this rom.

It does have a different messaging app and it was in an earlier changelog but people were complaining that they were getting confused.with what was the new release so....eh the messaging app on mine only deletes them singular or batch like lumin said

@lumin the song came on? huh?
    @hechoen
    I couldn't quote on app idk why lol but nice palindrome & song lol

Also check your Gmail.