[Q] Inspire stuck on htc boot screen

Search This thread

armyofonestrong

Sep 20, 2012
I tried rooting my inspire with aahk but in the process the phone restarted and ended up getting stuck on the htc boot screen. I've tried to go into the hboot screen and do a factory reset and recovery but every time it goes into the same htc boot screen and just freezes on there. What could be the problem and what can i do to remedy this problem and get my phone operating properly again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I tried rooting my inspire with aahk but in the process the phone restarted and ended up getting stuck on the htc boot screen. I've tried to go into the hboot screen and do a factory reset and recovery but every time it goes into the same htc boot screen and just freezes on there. What could be the problem and what can i do to remedy this problem and get my phone operating properly again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

What version of firmware did your phone come with, Froyo or Gingerbread? What exactly happened with AAHK? As in, how far did you get in AAHK? What does HBOOT say from the top to FASTBOOT?

Gizmoe

You should have read the manual. It covers what to do in case of errors. Now that you did a factory reset you disabled USB debugging. List what your hboot screen says and also try entering recovery to see if that got flashed.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

armyofonestrong

Sep 20, 2012
What version of firmware did your phone come with, Froyo or Gingerbread? What exactly happened with AAHK? As in, how far did you get in AAHK? What does HBOOT say from the top to FASTBOOT?

honestly i was dumb and didnt check to see what version of firmware i had. and when AAHK it downloaded the downgrade and applied the downgrade then it rebooted the phone after that it has just been getting stuck at the htc boot screen. And in HBOOT it says the following:

ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.09.04.11_M2
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011,00:55:45

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Based on the radio and boot version it looks like your on 2.47.502

You need to reflash the ruu and start all over. Look at the sticky I have in the general. Their I have a link to the ruus.

If that ruu doesn't work you could always try the 3.20 version.

Last edited:

armyofonestrong

Sep 20, 2012
Based on the radio and boot version it looks like your on 2.47.502

You need to reflash the ruu and start all over. Look at the sticky I have in the general. Their I have a link to the ruus.

If that ruu doesn't work you could always try the 3.20 version.

This may be a stupid question but how do I get the computer to see my phone. I downloaded the new ruu but when is searched or prepares the phone it cant find it.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Boot your phone into hboot.

Pull battery.
Reinsert battery and hold volume down and power
Once in boot select fast boot.
Then plug in your phone should read fast boot USB. Then you run the ruu

kbolt

Sep 20, 2011
Boot your phone into hboot.

Pull battery.
Reinsert battery and hold volume down and power
Once in boot select fast boot.
Then plug in your phone should read fast boot USB. Then you run the ruu

Hello, I have a an HTC Inspire 4G and it won't turn on. And I can't get into HBOOT. I tried the AAHK method and now it seems to be perma-bricked. It's not even mine. It sometimes turns on, constantly vibrating. I have no idea what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Hello, I have a an HTC Inspire 4G and it won't turn on. And I can't get into HBOOT. I tried the AAHK method and now it seems to be perma-bricked. It's not even mine. It sometimes turns on, constantly vibrating. I have no idea what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flash a ROM.

Sent from my Desire HD