[TASKBAR] Customising Windows Mobile 6.5 Taskbar

Search This thread

Mr. Makk

Oct 17, 2008
Toronto

NOW CREATE YOUR OWN TASKBARS EASILY
As this section is specific for Windows Mobile 6.5 Taskbar Customisation, I'll Start it with my set of icons. I tried to make full use of the ShellRess.dll and if more is needed then i'll make sure more icons are covered.
Just have a look at the screenshots and you will understand how much capable WM6.5 taskbars are with more scope of customisation including the OK and X buttons.

AHEN 6b-BETA2

Just click on the screenshot to download the cabs from my personal thread for Taskbar Customisation. You surely wont be disappointed.
There is alot more to come.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Install Sdkcert.cab
2. The Taskbar version you want.
3. If you using WM standard dialer and Bluetooth icon doesnt shows up, Install wmdialerBluetooth.cab(Davey101).

MAKK

##NOTE## Post 2 will soon have the details of wm6.5 specific dll files along with the icons they cover. Stay Tunes;)

Mod Edit:
© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owner(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).

Last edited:

Mr. Makk

Oct 17, 2008
Toronto
Will be updating sooonnnnnn..

Thanks to Tsowen to be fair. Sorry 4the trouble.
Will be updating this area soon.

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Hey I own a new thread ok, I'll perform my civic duty and explain a little about the WM6.5 taskbar.

I myself have made a taskbar that fully covers the WM6.5 taskbar. There are a couple of differences in wm6.5 over wm6.1:

- shellres.192.dll now has signal strength bars (5 bars) we can edit, and it seems to also be controlling the bleutooth headset icon, set rest of the icons are simial to wm6.1
- tapres.192.dll controls G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1
- HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons
- Outres.192.dll : Message icons
- Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon
- GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon

Since HTC used the the phcanOverbmp.dll to skin the pin dialer and add extra icons to the taskbar, I used this dll to do the skinning of the WM6.5 taskbar. Which worked out perpectly. For this dll to be used you will need to import these reg entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"

"BaseId"=dword:00000000

"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9

"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

I have attached a my Taskbar art package here, which contains my latest taskbar makeover (WM6.5 only), This package can also be used as a reference for which files to skin, For the cooks: remember to delete the HTCVolumeControle.dll from the volumecontrol package otherwise it will overwrite my skinned one.

I will freshen this thread up with some pictures tommorow, and I'll add a cab too

Hope you are now well informed about the current status of taskbar engineering, 12

Last edited:

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
tsowentaskbar WM 6.5 (based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3)

12AON has really help pioneer the way for the WM 6.5 taskbar so huge props to him and also thanks to MysticGenious and others who offered to test and evaluate my files. Here is the updated WM 6.5 version with the dll's straight from WM 6.5 (only for those running 6.5) with this version GSM users now have colored bars. As always same rules apply as any other taskbars when installing the cab. Any bugs or problems please report back. With this new release most all the icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file such as battery and other icons that were located in the phcanOverbmp.dll as far as can be seen WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read the file if installed. I have elected to install the file because with the new shellres only 9 battery images are located in the file verses the 101 battery images in the phcanOverbmp.dll. Please use the same Registry settings that 12aon has quoted above. Refer to this post for updates and future versions of my taskbars. This is based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3 located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=511954&postcount=4

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
HTCVolumeControl.dll  
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

taskbartoday.jpg

Known Issues:
1. Bluetooth Icon not showing up with some ROM's
2. 3G, G, H and E Active Data Icon transparency needs fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiderman

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
I need someone to try this shellres who has WM 6.5 just install the shellres and nothing else, no other taskbar or anything and please provide a screen shot as well. I added the Ev, 1X, 3G, H, E and G Icons, and a few others as well such as Active Sync and WiFi.

Attachments

• shellres.192.zip
    462.1 KB · Views: 2,866

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
I need someone to try this shellres who has WM 6.5 just install the shellres and nothing else, no other taskbar or anything and please provide a screen shot as well. I added the Ev, 1X, 3G, H, E and G Icons, and a few others as well such as Active Sync and WiFi.

Hey im just about to do this now, but i noticed something else weird, i have just uninstalled your taskbar6 v3.1 and upon doing so my pin entry pad has changed to use my skin for the windows mobile dialer (not the HTC dialer)

Is it possible that something in this taksbar is altering the PIN pad? if so we may have found a way to skin it!!!

Edit Screenshot added.

Another thiink i have just noticed is that when i uninstalled your taskbar, my waiting symbol has changed back to the windows 6.5 version.

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane

Forgot to mention, in GSM, WM6.5.

Signal Bars and globe:

attachment.php

Network Connected - standard windows icons through connecting:

attachment.php

Wifi - Disconnected:

attachment.php

Are there any other screenshots you need? i tryed bluetooth but nothing came up

Last edited:

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
I'll test it out and post screenshots in a few minutes. I am using a 6.5 ROM built off of JD's 21198 kitchen. I'll ask him if he concurs with that assessment of the phcanOverbmp.dll and the 6.5 shellres.

Just with shellres added:

With lite taskbar and shellres added:

This if from someone at PPCGeeks on CDMA who I had test out the shellres and the resluts. So two different results so far with CDMA and GSM.

hefman

May 21, 2006
Here's what I got (sorry about the quality)...

Attachments

• pc_capture12.jpg
    pc_capture12.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3,364

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
Forgot to mention, in GSM, WM6.5.

Signal Bars and globe:

attachment.php

Network Connected - standard windows icons through connecting:

attachment.php

Wifi - Disconnected:

attachment.php

Are there any other screenshots you need? i tryed bluetooth but nothing came up

Dang I missed this post, ahh okay that gives me some ideas now! Looks like the shellres is controling most everything as 12aon said in a PM. 12aon take a look at the new shellres I posted and base it upon this picture and you will see where we are at. I think your right the battery might be the bmp's inside the shellres.

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
okay two new files in the shellres I added battery images right now it only has 5 images and see if this HTCVolumecontrol.dll will work.

Attachments

• shellres.192.zip
    471.2 KB · Views: 626
  • HTCVolumeControl.zip
    33 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Hey im just about to do this now, but i noticed something else weird, i have just uninstalled your taskbar6 v3.1 and upon doing so my pin entry pad has changed to use my skin for the windows mobile dialer (not the HTC dialer)

Is it possible that something in this taksbar is altering the PIN pad? if so we may have found a way to skin it!!!

Edit Screenshot added.

Another thiink i have just noticed is that when i uninstalled your taskbar, my waiting symbol has changed back to the windows 6.5 version.

The HTC PIN dialer skin is located in the bitmaps ind the HTCVolume.dll

OK I think I have found all the Icons in the WM6.5 taskbar:

Shellres.192.dll : Signal bars, sync icons, Wifi, 3g (G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1) syncing+receiving data icons, battery Icons

tapres.192.dll : G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1

HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons

Outres.dll : Message icons

Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon

GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon

I haven't checked all off them but I'm pretty certain these are the icons for the GSM taskbar, 12

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
The HTC PIN dialer skin is located in the bitmaps ind the HTCVolume.dll

OK I think I have found all the Icons in the WM6.5 taskbar:

Shellres.192.dll : Signal bars, sync icons, Wifi, 3g (G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1) syncing+receiving data icons, battery Icons

tapres.192.dll : G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1

HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons

Outres.dll : Message icons

Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon

GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon

I haven't checked all off them but I'm pretty certain these are the icons for the GSM taskbar, 12

12 so for bluetooth is it still a bmp in Windows?

Edit: Also thanks to everyone for trying these files and reporting back. I am not GSM or WM 6.5 so I am mainly taking a stab in the dark here but hopefully we can get it all worked out.

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
12 so for bluetooth is it still a bmp in Windows?

Edit: Also thanks to everyone for trying these files and reporting back. I am not GSM or WM 6.5 so I am mainly taking a stab in the dark here but hopefully we can get it all worked out.

Yes I think so, I'll attach the files, 12

tsowen

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 4, 2008
Texas
Alright here is a corrected shellres and the rest of the dll's for WM6.5 that 12aon was so kind to provide. I have skinned for now, this is not a final version and it can always be changed with stuff. I just want to make sure all is working correctly as should be. In the zip file you will find:
shellres.192.dll
outres.192.dll
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Nice, Here is a screenshot if the new shellres.192.dll, batt meter is nice. What are the other dll files in the zip for?
Nevermind, got my answer through reading! ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tsowentaskbar WM 6.5 (based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3)

12AON has really help pioneer the way for the WM 6.5 taskbar so huge props to him and also thanks to MysticGenious and others who offered to test and evaluate my files. Here is the updated WM 6.5 version with the dll's straight from WM 6.5 (only for those running 6.5) with this version GSM users now have colored bars. As always same rules apply as any other taskbars when installing the cab. Any bugs or problems please report back. With this new release most all the icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file such as battery and other icons that were located in the phcanOverbmp.dll as far as can be seen WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read the file if installed. I have elected to install the file because with the new shellres only 9 battery images are located in the file verses the 101 battery images in the phcanOverbmp.dll. Please use the same Registry settings that 12aon has quoted above. Refer to this post for updates and future versions of my taskbars. This is based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3 located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=511954&postcount=4

Code:
    BT Discoverable.bmp
    BT On Mode.bmp
    BT Stereo Headset.bmp
    CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
    GPS-icon.bmp
    GPS-icon Mask.bmp
    HTCVolumeControl.dll  
    notify.dll.0409.mui
    outres.192.dll
    pchanOvermbmp.dll
    PictureMailRes.dll