GPS Switch with 4.4.2?

Search This thread

jideay

May 19, 2011
My Moto X came with a widget that could turn the location services on or off with having to open the settings. I'm guessing it was a motorola thing. I have not found anything for the s5 that will do it. Apparently its a google security thing? Any widgets out there that can do it?

TCM55

Jul 8, 2011
My Moto X came with a widget that could turn the location services on or off with having to open the settings. I'm guessing it was a motorola thing. I have not found anything for the s5 that will do it. Apparently its a google security thing? Any widgets out there that can do it?

You can just edit the shortcuts on the notification panel pull down settings to show the "location" button. You can toggle it on and off from there with a pull down and a press, I have mine set up like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-02-17-36-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-17-36-12.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 50

jideay

May 19, 2011
Even with that, I still two separate Location Consents that I have to agree too.

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
Who are you? You've commented on literally every thread in the S5 forums just repeating what someone else says/suggests...

Apparently a troll.. I've been noticing that too. I just ignore them, whoever they are.

to OP. That's because the Location Services are in depth. I believe I had two Approvals when I turned mine on the first time.

jideay

May 19, 2011
Well, I guess I'll leave it on since it doesn't drain the battery unless its in use. Thanks everyone (troll excluded).